A video game rant... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A video game rant...

I have an xbox360... nephews talked me into buying the #$%& thing when they first came out. I won't lie. I like messing with it on days I can't ride. Those days are few, but when the chance arises that I feel like taking a full beating from the nephews then I'll turn it on, grab a beer, and close the door slightly so the neighbors don't hear the cursing.

So far I've been told I'm a "noob" on Halo (all of 'em), Call of Duty (all of 'em), and Left 4 Dead 2. Madden Football, car racing and motorcycle racing (go figure) is a different story entirely... in these arenas I tend to do well. Hell, I'll even say good.

We also have a wii. Doesn't get as much attention (insert wii jokes here), but during the holidays the family has a good time with it.

Anyone here have any favorites on wii or xbox360? I know these things are time wasters, but I can't help the techy nerd side of myself.

2003 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Prep (sold)
2004 Suzuki SV650 (sold, wish I hadn't)
2009 Kawasaki Versys (commuter/dragon slayer)
Future bike: Ducati Sport 1000S (just because
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 AM

psp3 with my son - great system. Try Fallout or unchartered. Big 50in screen with the lights down - fantastic way to waste 2 hours if it is raining and not on the V

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa714 View Post
psp3 with my son - great system. Try Fallout or unchartered. Big 50in screen with the lights down - fantastic way to waste 2 hours if it is raining and not on the V
I should have included the ps3. Always forget about you guys! I'd have one of those too, but the wife would probably kill me. Maybe I should use the "bluray" excuse...

)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 AM

I picked up the X-box 360 for the kids. I got hooked on Ghost Recon–the second one was really good and less buggy then the first. If you have a thing for sneaking around and being a sniper, that is your game. Then for some inexplicable reason–I got hooked on Gears of War. The game is out there–but interesting. I liked the second one better than the first. Now I'm hooked on Call of Duty black ops, but not the actual game. There is a menu item to play the zombie portion of the game and for some reason I got hooked on it.

Our kids have 3 of the game platforms. We have a Wii that my youngest son purchased by saving his own money. Amazing- took him months of birthday, allowances and report card money. I picked up a PS3 for the living room because I wanted to have a Blu-ray player and the kids want to have a game platform–no-brainer. Although I have found that the kids don't use the PS3 very much. They are all about using their Xbox 360.

Anyway the kids like it when I play the games with them. And that is the compelling reason for me to do so. They like taking turns with me while shooting zombies or playing X-box live. I'm not that good, so they're always "carrying" me on the games. They'll hang out behind me making sure I don't get shot from behind.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
For Xbox favorite game is Mass Effect 1 and 2. For PS3 its probably the Uncharted series or Ratchet and Clank
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Right now I'm stuck between Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Halo Reach... I normally only play Halo when I really hate myself.

And dear old MotoGP... ahhh...

)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM

If you really want to hate yourself try WSBK X 2010 in simulation mode.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Talked the wife in buying a xbox 360 a few Christmas's ago for the family, my boy who still at home is more into car games and me into war games. We have gone halves in a few, enjoy battlefield bad company as you can destroy buildings and walls etc.

got a few call of duties but not the latest one yet( a bit pricey at moment), the world at war one has zombies at the end level but does not do much for me. Medal of honor airborne is a old favorite. If it it is a wet day on my day off get out a few games and crank up volume through the home theatre and pretend to be a boy all over again haha
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

I was curious about WSBK X 2010. Sounds like I need to rent it and try it out. Cold as $%&# this week in Tennessee anyway. As for Battlefield Bad Company, I've got the second one. Like it a lot too. Funny... some people go for milk and bread when it snows...

)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode