Straight pipes - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Versys with straight pipes

Initial disclaimer: Aww... forget it. Say what you want. I think it's dumb, myself.

My wife and I saved our pennies and moved to a nice, quiet townhome community. At least, it WAS quiet - until the Harley RUB moved in. Then, the single mother (ex-stripper turned born-again Christian) and her spawn.
The sneering... the machismo... the booming radios... the 3 am drunken brawls on the front lawn...
It's really just been a wonderful year.
We've all been patient.

Well... I did this. There was more, but my wife was afraid and went inside. Bless her heart.
Hangovers were disturbed. Bible verses were yelled with a hiss. Fragile egos were bruised.
It's been perfectly quiet ever since.

Doubtless, I'll need to repeat it at 3 am, Monday morning, in about a week or so. Maybe tonight. Not sure, yet.
I'll blame it on PTSD. I'm buddies with most of the Sheriff's Department, anyway. They like my Motoport. Small town - we hang out at the gas station and trade vet stories.

Anyway, the V sounds pretty nice without a muffler. The camera doesn't pick it up very well, of course.
Two 12mm wrenches, and two allen wrenches (don't know their sizes). I recommend it - if you're into that sort of thing. Just don't do it around somebody like me.

Last edited by Wladziu; 11-20-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Heh, that was great. You could visit some local schools as "Captain Green" promoting eco-living or something...and write off the cost of your bike and suit!

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

lol. yeah

I'm allergic to being ran over.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Too bad about your neighbors, and thanks for posting the vid clip. Those Ixil cans sound better than any. I want those for Christmas, time to talk to Santa and revise my list.

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I hope the engine was already warmed up at startup, and when you missed 2nd gear... Remove the header, then go at it at 3 am.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:33 PM

Somebody say strippers? I love me some strippers...

'09 V - Blue
Arrow Dark Slip-on * Nation Cycle Vstream * Corbin Custom Seat * Happy Trails Panniers * Big Fuggin Grin
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I hope the engine was already warmed up at startup, and when you missed 2nd gear...
I was thinking the same thing. Blipping the throttle immediately upon startup is just cruel to an engine.

The green suit is impressive BTW.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Good luck but as loud as the V might get with straight pipes it's no match for a Chrome Turd.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Initial disclaimer: Aww... forget it. Say what you want. I think it's dumb, myself.

You said it all....................

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 AM

was the cameraman ducking behind the porch because a neighbor was watching...LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 AM

What suit were you wearing? Thanks

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

the Danger Suit:
http://motoport.worldsecuresystems.c...sh_Kevlar_Suit

A whole den full of 'em, Whispanic. You should come over. The more you ignore them, the more they show their ass. Pretty much like an internet forum.

Basically, you just act professional and tolerate the gay dudes trying to chat you up. After about a week, the girl's boyfriends start thinking you're an easy target - they've gotta do a lot of posturing to hold onto the girls. They don't really DO anything- just call their bluff every now and then. Then, you've got it made in the shade.

The more posturing they do, the more the girls think you're a badass. Does all the work for you.
A mean look while wearing a tie sends the daddy-issues into overdrive.
They've gotta prove to themselves that you're either gay or an idiot, or something.
Kind of like a mechanic on a motorcycle forum.
And, every time you ignore them, they ramp up their efforts.
Bada-bing... more exposed clam than you care to see. Meeting you at the mailbox in panties in broad daylight... carrying in groceries in skimpy nightgowns, with unnecessary bending over and pausing in your direction... having a smoke in their doorway in just an un-buttoned shirt while the boyfriends aren't home, then shuffling away with the door left open...

Wore some old scrubs to clean my chain, once.... whoo, boy.

Last edited by Wladziu; 11-21-2010 at 10:34 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Im clearly in the wrong neighborhood...

'09 V - Blue
Arrow Dark Slip-on * Nation Cycle Vstream * Corbin Custom Seat * Happy Trails Panniers * Big Fuggin Grin
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post
the Danger Suit:
http://motoport.worldsecuresystems.c...sh_Kevlar_Suit

A whole den full of 'em, Whispanic. You should come over. The more you ignore them, the more they show their ass. Pretty much like an internet forum.

Basically, you just act professional and tolerate the gay dudes trying to chat you up. After about a week, the girl's boyfriends start thinking you're an easy target - they've gotta do a lot of posturing to hold onto the girls. They don't really DO anything- just call their bluff every now and then. Then, you've got it made in the shade.

The more posturing they do, the more the girls think you're a badass. Does all the work for you.
A mean look while wearing a tie sends the daddy-issues into overdrive.
They've gotta prove to themselves that you're either gay or an idiot, or something.
Kind of like a mechanic on a motorcycle forum.
And, every time you ignore them, they ramp up their efforts.
Bada-bing... more exposed clam than you care to see. Meeting you at the mailbox in panties in broad daylight... carrying in groceries in skimpy nightgowns, with unnecessary bending over and pausing in your direction... having a smoke in their doorway in just an un-buttoned shirt while the boyfriends aren't home, then shuffling away with the door left open...

Wore some old scrubs to clean my chain, once.... whoo, boy.
I think I'm liking your neighborhood. Sounds like a good place for a rally. Could work out for everybody.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LC4Vho5eKA

My wife and I saved our pennies and moved to a nice, quiet townhome community. At least, it WAS quiet - until the Harley RUB moved in. Then, the single mother (ex-stripper turned born-again Christian) and her spawn.
The sneering... the machismo... the booming radios... the 3 am drunken brawls on the front lawn...
It's really just been a wonderful year.
We've all been patient.

Well... I did this. There was more, but my wife was afraid and went inside. Bless her heart.
Hangovers were disturbed. Bible verses were yelled with a hiss. Fragile egos were bruised.
It's been perfectly quiet ever since.

Doubtless, I'll need to repeat it at 3 am, Monday morning, in about a week or so. Maybe tonight. Not sure, yet.
I'll blame it on PTSD. I'm buddies with most of the Sheriff's Department, anyway. They like my Motoport. Small town - we hang out at the gas station and trade vet stories.

Anyway, the V sounds pretty nice without a muffler. The camera doesn't pick it up very well, of course.
Two 12mm wrenches, and two allen wrenches (don't know their sizes). I recommend it - if you're into that sort of thing. Just don't do it around somebody like me.

2005 Kawasaki Z750S (Sold)
2007 Honda VTX 1300 (Crashed)
2009 Kawasaki Versys (Sold)
2008 Yamaha FZ6

Givi Windshield, Givi E21 Luggage, MadStad Bracket, ZRX1100 Mirrors, ER-6n Belly Pan, LeoVince GP EVOII Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode