Almost ran a red light.. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

5Likes
  • 1 Post By ronheater70
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By thunderkitty
  • 1 Post By aboyandhisversys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Almost ran a red light..

Commuting to work this morning, came upon an intersection with some little rice burner sitting there smoking, well, like the engine was on its last legs.. I was mesmerized by the amount of smoke coming out of the poor car, so much so, that I was looking right passed the red light at the car itself. Car moved out of view, and I was able to refocus on the red light I was fastly approaching and stopped just fine, but geesh I thought I was old enough to avoid stupid crap like that..especially after 4 + decades on bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Distractions are dangerous . When you can no longer focus on the ride it is time to park the bike.

I remember in Florida they would have got dog carts on the side of the road manned by girls in bikinis. A lot of wrecks in front of them. They were also using females as flag persons at roadside construction that caused wrecks because some guy wanted to stop and stare while the person behind him wanted to get through before she rotated the sign. LOL!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Distractions are dangerous . When you can no longer focus on the ride it is time to park the bike.

I remember in Florida they would have got dog carts on the side of the road manned by girls in bikinis. A lot of wrecks in front of them. They were also using females as flag persons at roadside construction that caused wrecks because some guy wanted to stop and stare while the person behind him wanted to get through before she rotated the sign. LOL!
O.k, My wish is that if I Must have a distracted rider accident, that it be while looking at girls in bikinis with hot dog carts..and not a smoking 97 Corolla..Oh, I should add that the wish also includes landing on a pile of fluffy mattresses.
chrisfla1 likes this.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:13 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
stupidity can distract you at any point.key is to make sure they dont get past the ALMOST point

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Garage
My first (and only) crash was because of target fixation. It'll get ya!

Last edited by Indelibility; 06-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
stupidity can distract you at any point.key is to make sure they don't get past the ALMOST point
{dons professorial robes} "Remember; it only takes one (repeat, 1) time and you're dead. Only once. They outweigh you by a factor of, oh 9 bazillion or so. You will lose EVERY time. Therefore, PAY ATTENTION BUNKY!!!!"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 09:36 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
{dons professorial robes} "Remember; it only takes one (repeat, 1) time and you're dead. Only once. They outweigh you by a factor of, oh 9 bazillion or so. You will lose EVERY time. Therefore, PAY ATTENTION BUNKY!!!!"
im to poor to PAY anything
Skypilot 69 likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Distractions are dangerous .

I remember in Florida they would have hot dog carts on the side of the road manned by girls in bikinis. A lot of wrecks in front of them. They were also using females as flag persons at roadside construction that caused wrecks because some guy wanted to stop and stare while the person behind him wanted to get through before she rotated the sign. LOL!
Hey weljo I think this topic may be of interest to you.lol
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
The bike will go where you see...you ride by sight so keep it focused on your journey..smoke or no smoke...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:42 AM

Garage
The first time I rode the Tail of the Dragon, (long before it became packed full of tourists), I kept noticing all the skid marks going off the road. I had to keep telling myself to look through the turn instead of focusing on the skid marks because I knew where I would end up if I didn't. That road will definitely show you how flexible you are when looking through the turn sometimes means you are looking behind you. LOL!
thunderkitty likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
The first time I rode the Tail of the Dragon, (long before it became packed full of tourists), I kept noticing all the skid marks going off the road. I had to keep telling myself to look through the turn instead of focusing on the skid marks because I knew where I would end up if I didn't. That road will definitely show you how flexible you are when looking through the turn sometimes means you are looking behind you. LOL!
The last time I visited we watched a gorgeous custom chopper rider drop the bike very badly in the parking lot right at the base... She was lucky to have ruined that piece of art there instead of taking it off a cliff.
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
The bike will go where you see...you ride by sight so keep it focused on your journey..smoke or no smoke...
I got into trouble with my wife because my bike kept turning into every bar I saw!

Disclaimer: I live by the 'Rule of 20'; when I'm on 2 wheels I drink 0 (zero) beers.
quexpress likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
...I live by the 'Rule of 20'; when I'm on 2 wheels I drink 0 (zero) beers.
GREAT rule!!!

- - - -

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:07 PM

You sound like someone we could ride with! So many of our old riding buddies have forgotten that rule!!! Plus ATGATT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode