New Dash Cam - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Corvette96

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Dash Cam

Have been using one of my Drift Ghost in my girlfriends car as a dash cam for awhile. It crapped out last week i think the heat got too it the battery was so swelled up that it was stuck in it. Took awhile but got the battery out installed a new one and it was working fine for a couple of days then it just went completely dead. Looked at a bunch of dash cam reviews there i found out that you need a cam with capacitors not batteries for the heat and cold. The one i was looking at was about $300.00 with everything need for it then i ran across the one i purchased and it was almost as good as the one i was looking at but at half the price. So i bought the Viofo A119 w/ GPS Mount a Transcend High Endurance Micro SDHC 32GB Card and a CPL filter (Circular Polarizing Lens) cost me $152.00 at Amazon installed this morning. Set to at 1080dpi 60fps it can go much higher dpi but was not needed. Heres a quick clip after install this morning. Its small completely out of site behind the rear view mirror. Starts up and records when the ignition is turned on if your cigarette lighter outlet is a switched circuit and shuts off when the ignition is turned off. So all she has to do is hop in the car and go without having to worry about the camera.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-02-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:49 PM

Garage
I have the same camera and have been in love with it for over a year. I got mine after a girl ran a red light and clipped my front end. The only concern I have.... where the hell do you live that gas is over $3 a gallon!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette96 View Post
I have the same camera and have been in love with it for over a year. I got mine after a girl ran a red light and clipped my front end. The only concern I have.... where the hell do you live that gas is over $3 a gallon!!!

That would be good old California...Crappy gas at top dollar prices.... Think the camera will be just what i wanted. Did a lot of research before buying this one.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Garage
You will enjoy it I hope. The only issue I am having with mine is over the past month it will turn on and stay on (The screen) even though I have it to time out after 15 seconds. The customer service with them is non-existent but hopefully that will be the only thing. It does have amazing picture quality and i love the motion detection. I never even have to think about it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
You will enjoy it I hope. The only issue I am having with mine is over the past month it will turn on and stay on (The screen) even though I have it to time out after 15 seconds. The customer service with them is non-existent but hopefully that will be the only thing. It does have amazing picture quality and i love the motion detection. I never even have to think about it.

Have you updated your firmware the newer version came out February......Support : VIOFO

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:03 AM

Joe, you would still recommend the Drift Ghost for the bike I take it. I have been waiting since the end of the year for them to release the 4K version, but it's still not here in the states.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
Joe, you would still recommend the Drift Ghost for the bike I take it. I have been waiting since the end of the year for them to release the 4K version, but it's still not here in the states.

Yes, I'm still a big Drift fan. I've been waiting also for the 4K it looks good the only knock for me is i like the 170 FOV and the 4K will drop down to 147 FOV i believe not a big deal. I was going to get a Drift Ghost S but hell they want over $400.00 bucks for them now. The 4K will be $299.00

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
.... where the hell do you live that gas is over $3 a gallon!!!
Canada.

Kelowna, BC to be exact. Gas here went from $1.129/L to $1.199/L two days back.

That translates to from $3.20/US gallon to $3.40....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Garage
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I though that 2.15 was bad this morning since it has been 2.08 a gallon.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Garage
I will update the firmware was well! Thanks!
weljo2001 likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I will update the firmware was well! Thanks!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Day & Night clip from today....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode