BSA victor 441 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BSA victor 441

my uncle has 2 of these that he restored himself. beautiful bikes. he already trashed the lucas junk so they are ready to ride

his son and step son aren't interested. my dad tells me the rumor is that he might give one to me and hold on to the other one.. he's getting a little old to try to start them - the kick start is a notorious leg breaker..

i'm excited and we're headed up there to have lunch with him soon and take a look at his bikes. he also has a little 1974 kawi KE125 trails bike that he restored. here's hoping he lets me take a spin on them

i'll be eternally grateful if he hooks me up with a vintage bike. i've always had a thing for nortons, old tri's and BSAs. we'll see!!

"What doesn't kill me postpones the inevitable"
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:31 PM

indulf please take some pictures of these BSA's and post them if you get A chance, I would love to see pictures. My daughters boyfriend recently bought A 69 BSA from his dad it runs but needs work. It is still really cool though. here are a couple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0404101352.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	473.5 KB
ID:	8999   Click image for larger version

Name:	0404101353.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	9000  

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Grew up in a plantation where the managers for UK rode BSA and Norton. would like to have one but unless it come with button starter.

Nice bikes.post some pictures if you have any.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 09:09 AM

Joy! I bought a 67 441 Victor when I was 16. It came as a rolling chassis with an extra front end and 5 LARGE boxes of parts. It turned out to be 5 engines. One was a matching number 441 to the frame. The other 4 were 250's. I ran into a few issues, but nothing that couldn't be solved. It was a fun little bike. Kickstarting is indeed a learning experience.

Hope you get the joy of riding one!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 01:47 PM

I have fond memories of my 441. Not much comfort there but it is a class ride. You haven't lived until you try kicking that thing to life on a cold winter morning. Sometimes I forget just how nice electric start is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode