electronic grumble - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
electronic grumble

Right first of all our X-box has got a red flashing light and will not work and has been sent to the other end of the country, Auckland for repair but microsoft paying for that so must be a known fault. We have had unit coming up 3 years.

2nd, cordless phone unit is useless and answer phone that you can't hear very well and that away for two week

3rd and my most important, the blueray home theatre will not play blueray disks only standard DVDs. Only had the unit 10 months and it been at shop twice for software upgrades. This time rang the free Panasonic line and was sent a disk to upgrade as unit should be 1.9 but was only 1.4 so we thought this would fix but today tried and does not help as bluray disks still will not play. The unit has to be sent 100 mile north to Christchurch to be checked out and gone for two weeks. The straw that broke the camels back was when i rang the local shop (was purchased from)to arrange them to ship they asked for a number from Panasonic as they did not give me a number. Told the poor person on the other end of the phone that if i have to spend anymore time on this they can refund me there and then or give me a new unit, the response was very quick " we will send it out straight away"

man this sort of stuff wastes valuable riding time, my rant over have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Maybe the powers that be are testing out their satellite electronics bomb on your tiny country as a pilot project...hope not!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hmmm, maybe and my computer mouse also having problems with a button, looking forward to going back to work tommorow, bar humbug, going out to mow my lawns
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

I hear ya partner!! I recently dropped our local cable company for Dish Network. The picture quality is phenomenal! But the stupid box is worse than the cable company's crap boxes. This thing locks up, freezes, loses satellites, and the remote just quits working (yes, batteries are new & have been replaced a few times) almost daily. Very irritating! And the worst part, I'm in for a two year contract. I HATE these freakin contract deals.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ron View Post
Maybe the powers that be are testing out their satellite electronics bomb on your tiny country as a pilot project...hope not!
Actually anyone into conspiracy theories, NZ is the test country for that sort of stuff, they tested eftpos or 'electronic fund transfer point of sale' here first because of the perfect 1st world small island nation. Great for a movie on one world order and world gov dictator, today NZ tommorow the world haha
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
I hear ya partner!! I recently dropped our local cable company for Dish Network. The picture quality is phenomenal! But the stupid box is worse than the cable company's crap boxes. This thing locks up, freezes, loses satellites, and the remote just quits working (yes, batteries are new & have been replaced a few times) almost daily. Very irritating! And the worst part, I'm in for a two year contract. I HATE these freakin contract deals.
Not going to send the bluray away yet as my lovely wife heads 1200km or 770 miles north today and not back to sunday, the boy is staying away as school hols on and back to work fri so since house empty may too to sit back and chill out with a good movie after a 12 hr shift as can still watch DVDs just not blueray. I do understand Rick as these things are designed to drive us nuts, back to work tommorow to a control room full of computers, yipeee
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Yippee indeed!!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Actually anyone into conspiracy theories, NZ is the test country for that sort of stuff, they tested eftpos or 'electronic fund transfer point of sale' here first because of the perfect 1st world small island nation. Great for a movie on one world order and world gov dictator, today NZ tommorow the world haha
Austin Powers is the new Prime Minister of NZ right?
I heard he reportedly paid...wait for it now....ONE ...HUNDRED...THOUSAND...DOLLARS, for the position!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Austin would of had to outbid the current prime minister John Key who was worth 50 million before he took office, your a funny guy Ron
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The wife has just gone away for the weekend to a work conference

She had to board this to fly to wellington then on to Auckland. Had her on just as she was leaving, asked her did she know which gate she was leaving from, our home airport of Timaru only has one gate and is 5 min down the road from where we live.
Took a couple of snaps of a sign pointing to other parts of the world if you interested on how far away we are from most of you.

Now my time for junk food and a good movie and turning up the home theatre loud
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 PM

Garage
I like the pictures of the directions and distances - too bad you cannot ride to most of them!

I would have thought that a NZlander would point mostly West for both Sydney and Cape Town. Weird that you would point to the East for Cape Town.

No Blu-Ray or cable/satellite in our house. I gave up on the issues and we get TV over the air and have Netflix to send us DVDs. It doesn't really matter since the 2-year-old entertains us and keeps us on our toes enough that we have little time to watch anything.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mursili View Post
I would have thought that a NZlander would point mostly West for both Sydney and Cape Town. Weird that you would point to the East for Cape Town.

Your exactly right, the sign is pointing the long away around to Cape Town. You should head west not east.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode