watch for deadly wet leafs - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

3Likes
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 2 Post By BLACK DOG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
watch for deadly wet leafs

yup FALL is here again and watch out for piles of wet leafs, there slicker then snot and can make YOU fall

King.Versys likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 09:48 PM

Where I ride the pine straw can be eye opening as well. Good to see you kept rubber side down.

I've pointed out to my wife the importance of safety devices such as the simple ABS on my bike. Of course cornering ABS would be better along with traction control and I happened to notice the new KTM 1290 Super Duke GT has all of these safety features! See, a new KTM would improve my safety. It really would.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVerde View Post
Where I ride the pine straw can be eye opening as well. Good to see you kept rubber side down.

I've pointed out to my wife the importance of safety devices such as the simple ABS on my bike. Of course cornering ABS would be better along with traction control and I happened to notice the new KTM 1290 Super Duke GT has all of these safety features! See, a new KTM would improve my safety. It really would.
IMO those things are all good and fine to have but you are really better off not having them to start with and learning to handle the situations rather then relying on a computer to do them for you. i grew up doing a lot of off road riding and that will build low traction skill very rapidly lol

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
IMO those things are all good and fine to have but you are really better off not having them to start with and learning to handle the situations rather then relying on a computer to do them for you. i grew up doing a lot of off road riding and that will build low traction skill very rapidly lol
Yeah, off road guys get a kick out of how easily street riders get spooked by losing a little traction. I came up in the dirt, but it's been so long ago, I'm one of those skittish street riders.
I did an adventure ride with a bunch of them KTM types a couple weeks ago and started to get back in the groove a little. I'm doing another one this morning.
BTW, I don't think any of them use those safety electronics off the road.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 06:48 AM

I've got a neighbor on a corner lot who only cuts his grass every couple of weeks and blows the clippings into the street. I always felt that if you counted on tech to save you, you better buy good gear first (and wear it).
weljo2001 and silviefox like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode