Exotic Italian Versys - MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheels
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
  • 2 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Exotic Italian Versys - MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800

Just saying that name will make you smile - "Turismo Veloce". Got to ride this yesterday. If I could sum up the bike I would say it is a Versys but built from the perspective of cost is no object.

The bike has every conceivable amenity built in from electronically adjustable Sachs suspension, clutchless quick shifter, slipper clutch, to Brembo brakes, to integrated heated grips, to multi mode ABS and traction control that works in a lean, to aluminum, CNC machined kickstand, shift and brake levers to a hand stitched seat. Parked next to my Versys the bike just exudes quality, there are no unfinished bits or rough welds or flawed paint.

The engine makes alluring sounds and I would have to say is superior to either the Triumph or Yamaha triple I have also ridden, in both sound and power and general lack of vibration.

So how does it ride? The incredibly powerful engine is super smooth off the line, especially in touring mode but even in performance mode it is still smoother and less lurchy than the Versys. In town touring mode works best but on a twisty rode you can switch throttle response and suspension settings to performance which really wakes things up. There is also rain mode and custom mode where you can install your own fuel map and suspension settings. You can also set on the dash suspension settings for a passenger or luggage or both. The quick shifter, as well as not requiring a clutch, except on launch, makes for super smooth downshifts.

Ergonomics is identical to the Versys with the exception of the board like seat on the MV Agusta. Even though it was beautiful to look at with it's hand stitching and stitched MV Agusta logo it starts to hurt after 1/2 hour. My Versys has a more comfortable seat.

The biggest difference from the Versys is probably the suspension. You can just ride this bike much faster, especially into corners and it feels planted and safe. The Versys starts to feel uneasy at much lower speeds. In fact this is an easier bike to ride than the Versys. It's just smoother off the line and goes where you point it at just about any speed. Ride is firm but not the slightest bit jittery. Kudos to the high end suspension.

Next on the list is the engine which is sublime. You can hit speeds illegal anywhere in second gear and it just keeps pulling. Passing in a short space is point and shoot.

So whats not to like? It has about as much passenger comfort as the Versys 650. There are no aftermarket parts for this bike although the way it comes equipped you don't really need any - saddle bags that fit the integrated mounts are $1000. The seat is uncomfortable for longer rides. Oh, and the price - $19,500 CDN before taxes - or the price of 2 Versys. This puts it at the same price as a base model BMW 1000XR and about $3000 less than a similarly equipped one. There are also a lot of other nice bikes in this price range.

What would you buy?

Last edited by twowheels; 09-09-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
pictures

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	98025   Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	98033   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	98041   Click image for larger version

Name:	FRONT2.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	98049  
twowheeladdict likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 09-09-2016 at 02:49 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I subscribe to a YouTube channel called Boris on Bikes. After the fiasco that he went through with his MV...I would rather have a Versys, I don't need anything in my garage that will just randomly decide to "be Italian" but that's just me.
weljo2001 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
I subscribe to a YouTube channel called Boris on Bikes. After the fiasco that he went through with his MV...I would rather have a Versys, I don't need anything in my garage that will just randomly decide to "be Italian" but that's just me.

Yep, I watch some of his videos also. Ask him how he feels about his MV...
JoeFatFukr and JoeFatFuker like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
The exhaust looks stunning, but I would like to keep the family fed than have a pretty exhaust.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 06:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
The exhaust looks stunning, but I would like to keep the family fed than have a pretty exhaust.
HAHAHA.....Thats the only thing I really dislike about the looks.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 08:01 PM

Garage
I have a friend that owns one with the luggage. I will see him next weekend.....maybe I can ride it.

I have no clue where the nearest MV dealer is located to me. I expect I'd have to drive at least four hours to see one.
Mike

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
HAHAHA.....Thats the only thing I really dislike about the looks.
I also feel that the exhaust is a weird a** lokking thing ...

Like something borrowed from Mike Mercury flying submarine Supercar thing

And god forbid eyebrow like the second guy in "supercar"

LOP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	supercar.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	98153  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 12:44 PM

I actually think the exhaust looks badass. Still, the price tag, relative lack of practicality and comfort is a turn-off.

2015 Versys 650
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 01:07 PM

The 10yr old in me thinks the exhaust is bad ass, the adult in me thinks the rest of it is..the Husband in me thinks I should look away, quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode