Question for Hulu subscribers - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Question for Hulu subscribers

Can someone clue me in about Hulu? We dropped Dish. All I have now is an air antenna, which is fine because I can get the Vikings games that way. But with Hulu, can you get current episodes (when the respective series' seasons starts) of shows like The Walking Dead, The Americans, Better Call Saul, etc? It seems the only way you can see what you get is if you sign up. You can get them on Amazon Prime, like the next day, but you have to pay extra.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
Can someone clue me in about Hulu? We dropped Dish. All I have now is an air antenna, which is fine because I can get the Vikings games that way. But with Hulu, can you get current episodes (when the respective series' seasons starts) of shows like The Walking Dead, The Americans, Better Call Saul, etc? It seems the only way you can see what you get is if you sign up. You can get them on Amazon Prime, like the next day, but you have to pay extra.
We have no cable, we have a ROKU and netflix and Hulu

For a few bucks a month on HULU, you can see almost all of the primetime networks and your favorite shows. They do not air Live however and Air, typically the following evening. For Instance I like Americas Got Talent. I can not see it Live on tuesday, But can watch it Wednesday,e tc.. there is also a large selection of movies. Not quite as big as Netflix, but its there. You can pick favorites by channel or show type, or genre, etc. We went from paying 160 bucks a month for cable and internet to 50 bucks a month.. It was a no brainier for me. Tv just isn't that important.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

That's pretty cool. Can you tell me if the above mentioned shows are on Hulu the next day (or shortly after anyway)? And also the HBO show "Veep" is another one, since we don't have HBO anymore either. If so, I'll sign up for sure. As far as broadcast TV shows (CBSABCNBCFOX), there are none at the moment that I watch. But it's good to know they are on Hulu in case there is something I do want to see.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
That's pretty cool. Can you tell me if the above mentioned shows are on Hulu the next day (or shortly after anyway)? And also the HBO show "Veep" is another one, since we don't have HBO anymore either. If so, I'll sign up for sure. As far as broadcast TV shows (CBSABCNBCFOX), there are none at the moment that I watch. But it's good to know they are on Hulu in case there is something I do want to see.
premiums cost Extra.. as for right now, you can pay a premium and get showtime, but not HBO.(I don't think Il Have to check later).. if you get something like a Roku (40 bucks) then you can get separate streaming for HBO I believe.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
premiums cost Extra.. as for right now, you can pay a premium and get showtime, but not HBO.(I don't think Il Have to check later).. if you get something like a Roku (40 bucks) then you can get separate streaming for HBO I believe.

I have a Roku. You can get HBO-Go on Roku (not HBO), but only if you already have HBO on cable or dish.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime at the moment. I am basically wondering about The Walking Dead, The Americans and Better Call Saul. Do they post the new episodes of these shows at all? My plan is to just pay for the respective seasons on Amazon unless they show on Hulu. On Amazon when a season starts for say The Walking Dead, when they post the first episode, you can just pay for (pre-pay) the whole season for about $24 I think. Still cheaper than dish, even for multiple shows.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

I found the page where you can view what that have available. http://www.hulu.com/start/content
Looks like I am not going to get those shows. It still looks good though. And the Ron Howard Beatles show coming next month is something I definitely will see.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode