Wendy's and the Presidential Election - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

7Likes
  • 4 Post By ronheater70
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By NBVersys001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wendy's and the Presidential Election

Funny, while I was standing in Wendy's today grabbing some lunch, I noticed in big words across a back wall. " All Wendy's begin with one word.. FRESH" As I saw that logo, I simultaneously viewed the cook dumping frozen nuggets and fries out of a plastic bag into a deep fryer. I thought briefly about the irony of that Logo plastered across the wall, compared to the reality of it. Makes me think of the politicians trying to sell fresh ideas, when in reality once they get into office, the fresh goes out the window and they start pouring the frozen nuggets in the same way they have for decades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 02:08 PM

good analogy...both worth about the same...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
What I find interesting is that the statement is true even though they are dumping frozen nuggets and fries into the fryers.

They made it true with the word 'begin'. Those nuggets began with fresh chickens. The fries began with fresh potatoes.

So, the politicians sell fresh ideas, but by the time those ideas hit the Senate floor they have been chopped, reformed, and frozen.
ronheater70 and NBVersys001 like this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 AM

Garage
Nice catch ronheater, seems marketing is marketing, whether you're selling fast food or trying to win an election.

The best thing about the english language is its flexibility. the worst thing is its flexibility. Makes for good stand-up comedians though.
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
There's nothing "fresh" about where this discussion is leading though is there!?!?!?!?!?!?!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
There's nothing "fresh" about where this discussion is leading though is there!?!?!?!?!?!?!
yea, no need to get into Candidate bickering and I dont want it to go down that road, Plenty of threads on that. it was just a general observation as we hear them trying to appease the masses.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
yea, no need to get into Candidate bickering and I dont want it to go down that road, Plenty of threads on that. it was just a general observation as we hear them trying to appease the masses.
I went into a 'fresh local fish" cafe on a small pier somewhere on the Oregon coast that fishing boats would tie up to after they'd been out to bring in their catch.

I saw them getting frozen fish out of the freezer to serve to customers!!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Now that is just messed up.. think I saw something like that On kitchen nightmares one time (Gordaon Ramseys show) Nice little restaurant right on the water front serving frozen seafood.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Fresh, Light, New and Improved, Progressive, Successful, Best, etc.. - these are all positive sounding words that are attached to things as a descriptor, yet are all pretty much meaningless when used by politicians and advertisers.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-26-2016 at 10:07 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
I went into a 'fresh local fish" cafe on a small pier somewhere on the Oregon coast that fishing boats would tie up to after they'd been out to bring in their catch.

I saw them getting frozen fish out of the freezer to serve to customers!!!!
Fresh fish barely lasts a day or two. Most fish these days is gutted and flash frozen right on the trawler before it reaches port.

Lobster and other shell fish like crab, shrimp, mussels and clams are either frozen immediately or kept alive until they are cooked right before eating.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-26-2016 at 10:14 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Fresh fish barely lasts a day or two. Most fish these days is gutted and flash frozen right on the trawler before it reaches port.
They weren't trawlers by the pier, more like local fishing boats, & the fish l was served wasn't fish shaped whether frozen or not, it was 1/2 housebrick sized & 1/3rd the thickness......Not appetizing at all!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode