User names? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
User names?

I want to know how you got or came up with your user name?

I got mine from my dirt bike buddy's. when we would go riding/camping, I decided we should go when there is a full moon out and ride at 12:00 midnight when the moon was straight up on a clear night. So after riding all day we would have dinner and sit around the camp fire drink beer talk about the days ride, shoot our pellet guns at beer cans, you know the usual stuff. Then at 12 o'clock we head out on our bikes. On a clear night, once on the ridges lights were not needed, we didn't even have lights. it was so different than riding during the day and we had a blast. So every now and then, I would organize these rides and my buddy's started calling me night rider.

OK, lets here your story!

Donn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Just a FAST OLD MAN-fastoman. office mates call me that because of the speed tickets I collect and the speed I drive the CAR not BIKE.

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 PM

My bike is like a flying horse...SO
I am the rider of the flying motorcycle.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 PM

Garage
I have been using Big Aussie for a while on bicycling and other forums as I am (a) an Australian and (b) a big guy at 6' and 250 lb (and down 10 - 15# from where I was)

I would like to be Not-So-Big Aussie but I will need to ride the bicycle more than the V.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:42 PM

Mine is in memorium of my pick-up I used to have before my son ran it into a telephone pole! He was unscratched...my poor truck was not Was a 1999 Dodge Dakota with a V8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Versys
97 Suzuki DR350
Pro Grip tank protector
Wee Strom hand guards
Nelson Riggs Soft Bags
Xelement Black mini tank bag
Xelement Silver ignitor Tri-Tex Fabric and Mesh Jacket with armor
Xelement Advanced silver and black Fabric Pants with level 3 armor
12V Powerlet
Nuvi 550 GPS
Yoshimura TRC slip on (stainless)
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 PM

i sent a email to a friend giving him the results of some medical tests i had done. and letting him know that i had been diagnosed with MS. (multiple sclerosis) He sent back "is MS that multiple SKULLROSES thing" it's been my user name for everything ten years running...lol
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Offcamber...when I was big into 4 wheeling this is how I spent a lot of time....ie tilted to one side or the other. I also had a small business for a while selling Jeep and truck accessories call Off-Camber Outfitters.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:11 PM

for me its my surname + phonetic spelling of my intial

so Heald, M became healdem
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Well I was born and grew up in Dallas, been around the world, and now retired in Dallas. Oh, my first name is Don.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:18 PM

It's my real name. Unoriginal, I know. I use my real name for my podcast (about flying) as well.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 PM

Pretbek literally means "funmouth" in Dutch (my native language).

Or more colloquial: Face of someone who is obviously having fun.
I seem to suffer from this a lot when riding the Versys...

My license plate means "for fun", same theme.

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 PM

I play (semi-retired) Upright Bass professionally. Someone just tagged me with the name years ago. I also work on a Buell single (known as a Thumper) quite often.
Funny, as I was just looking at members names last night was thinking the same thing.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
Pretbek literally means "funmouth" in Dutch (my native language).

Or more colloquial: Face of someone who is obviously having fun.
I seem to suffer from this a lot when riding the Versys...

My license plate means "for fun", same theme.

I've always wondered!! Pretty cool, now that I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I play (semi-retired) Upright Bass professionally. Someone just tagged me with the name years ago. I also work on a Buell single (known as a Thumper) quite often.
Funny, as I was just looking at members names last night was thinking the same thing.
And all this time I thought you owned a thumper, as in single cylinder 4 stroke bike. Another cool one!!

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 04:34 PM

Rick, did I miss something or did you not let us in on your handle? I am going to guess it was a toy from your youth. Or, possibly you used to work at the circus?

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Rick, did I miss something or did you not let us in on your handle? I am going to guess it was a toy from your youth. Or, possibly you used to work at the circus?
Ssshhh!

He doesn't like to talk about it. I believe he can still get rather upset when he remembers that bear, the one that rode his bicycle without his permission...
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Work for the circus!! You're killin me here!! HAhaha!!

No, nothing so noble.

Long story, I'll try to keep it short.

I had an 11 year hiatus from riding, so my current group of coworkers had no idea I was a biker. Now admittedly, most of my riding experience before the Versys was dirt bike or dual sport. So to get back into riding again, I bought a brand spanking new DRZ 400S. I'd mentioned it to the fellas & they were shocked, not knowing I had a wild side (heh heh), so naturally they wanted me to ride it to work. And I wanted to ride it too, but you know military installations & their vehicle rules. At that time, you had to register it on base & get a sticker, which you had to display for the gate guards.

So it took a few days, but I eventually rode it to work. Now, I am a 6' 1" man, with quite a girth. I think I was around 240 or 250 at the time. It's been a few years, but that's probably about right. So I looked HUGE on that little DRZ. And wouldn't you know it, the first morning I rode it to work, quite a few of the fellas gathered out in the parking lot & were waiting for me to pull in. As I'm riding up, I see the group. "Ah looky there", I thought, "a fan club!" I'm all feeling proud of myself, and grinning like a 'possum. I pull up in front of 'em, put the kickstand down, shut the bike off & dismount. As I take my helmet off, struggling past my super wide smile, one of the group said quite loud, "You look like a bear on a bicycle!!" And the whole group busted up laughing.

Needless to say, this took the wind out of my sails at he moment, but as I thought about it, it fit. And it was pretty damned funny!! So shortly thereafter, I joined my very first internet forum, ThumperTalk, as Bear on a bicycle. And I found this bitchin avatar, so I've stayed BOAB ever since.

Oh, and a follow up, one of the guys told me shortly after I got the Versys that I didn't look like a bear on a bicycle any more. He said I finally bought a grown up bike.

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
Ssshhh!

He doesn't like to talk about it. I believe he can still get rather upset when he remembers that bear, the one that rode his bicycle without his permission...

Ok, that's funny!!!!

post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Thats priceless bear thanks for sharing, great stuff everyone, I'm enjoying this very much.

Donn
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 PM

Garage
Back when I was in middle school AOL Instant Messenger was very popular with my age group. I needed a new name for it.

I played hockey at the time for a team called the Hawks. The shot is like a slap shot, and my # was 99. Combine it all together and you get Hawkshot99. Every forum I have used I have always used this name.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I am kiwi and was 41 at time but now 42 so please call me kiwi 42 not very original but some of the names people call me would not be suitable for a handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode