Since the hack, a lot less activity. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

5Likes
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 1 Post By ronheater70
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Since the hack, a lot less activity.

Just an observation that since the p.w. hack, seems like traffic on the forum has dropped off significantly. Haven't seen anything from some of the regs on the site since last week. Not necessarily surprising given the hoops one needed to jump thru to get back on. Looks like some folks have gone as far as to simply create new user profiles because of the rigmarole of p.w. reset.

Binderline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
What hoops?

I entered the new number sent to me by the administrator, logged in and clicked on "stay logged in". Done
MrSchaeferPants likes this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
What hoops?

I entered the new number sent to me by the administrator, logged in and clicked on "stay logged in". Done
It really is that easy.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
Just an observation that since the p.w. hack, seems like traffic on the forum has dropped off significantly. Haven't seen anything from some of the regs on the site since last week. Not necessarily surprising given the hoops one needed to jump thru to get back on. Looks like some folks have gone as far as to simply create new user profiles because of the rigmarole of p.w. reset.
I noticed the same thing, however I have come to a different conclusion and just assumed, it's summertime, folks are out riding and enjoying their bikes in the pretty weather.. I have been on motorcycle and ATV forums since the mid 90s and they always slow down during riding season.
Beany likes this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I noticed the same thing, however I have come to a different conclusion and just assumed, it's summertime, folks are out riding and enjoying their bikes in the pretty weather.. I have been on motorcycle and ATV forums since the mid 90s and they always slow down during riding season.
Good point. But ya gotta admit that when the likes of Weljoe, Fasteddie, and Silviefox among others go silent it's clear there's less overall user activity outside of the typical summer slowdown.

And I agree that the p.w. reset procedure is not that big a deal but honestly it was just additional task I would have preferred not to have been bothered with.

Binderline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 08:31 AM

Garage
Correlation does not equal causation.

Joe posted two videos Saturday.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 09:18 AM

New Number?

Quote:
What hoops?

Heck, I didn't get a new number, that would have been easy to login.

I used to be Cojacket on the forums now I'm BreckRider!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSchaeferPants View Post
It really is that easy.
Yes it is, but some people just like to make a fuss!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Joe posted two videos Saturday.
Only two???????........................
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 10:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckRider View Post
Heck, I didn't get a new number, that would have been easy to log in.
Check your junk mail folder?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
[QUOTE=binderline;1178466]Good point. But ya gotta admit that when the likes of Weljoe, Fasteddie, and Silviefox among others go silent it's clear there's less overall user activity outside of the typical summer slowdown.

Weljoe had 2 videos, Fasteddie reported on D2D and does not use his computer much and Silvie has many entries in several threads since the p.w. change. I think the slowdown is just normal, folks on vacation (non-motorcycle, non-computer), folks out riding, etc.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Been sick for a bit. Fever,Chills and my nut sack is swollen. Got out of bed about 2 in the afternoon yesterday.
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
The actual hack occurred in February according to the article I posted.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Been sick for a bit. Fever,Chills and my nut sack is swollen. Got out of bed about 2 in the afternoon yesterday.
Damn... Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quick.

Binderline
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Check your junk mail folder?
Yes, I did check the junk mail folder, not there either. Wondering if my ISP is blocking email from the forum?

I used to be Cojacket on the forums now I'm BreckRider!

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Damn... Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quick.

Thanks, Yesterday was the first day i felt like being up around the house.Feeling much better today. Haven't been out of the house since Saturday so I'll go run some errands today.
BreckRider likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Joe, you are indeed the master of Too Much Information. Thanks for my grin for the day.
weljo2001 likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSchaeferPants View Post
It really is that easy.

Don't get me started.. I still can't sign in as Beachbum after two emails to correct the incorrect password they sent me. New passwords require symbols and mine lacked that. I had to sign in as former beachbum to sign in at all.........I don't call that easy.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Good point. But ya gotta admit that when the likes of Weljoe, Fasteddie, and Silviefox among others go silent it's clear there's less overall user activity outside of the typical summer slowdown.

And I agree that the p.w. reset procedure is not that big a deal but honestly it was just additional task I would have preferred not to have been bothered with.
I can't speak to the others, but I was "somewhere N" for the last three weeks, and the ONLY way for me to communicate was 'smoke-signals', except the rain kept putting the fire out....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode