no respect - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

3Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
no respect

No good deed goes unpunished. Helped my brother get into a Yamaha Roadstar and now everybody ignores the Versys and drools over the chrome. One customer even called the Versys a moped, but he is a bit behind the curve on the intelligence scale...

Interestingly, the two bikes have similar power ratings even though the Yamaha has over twice the motor size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofattoridesportbikes View Post
No good deed goes unpunished. Helped my brother get into a Yamaha Roadstar and now everybody ignores the Versys and drools over the chrome. One customer even called the Versys a moped, but he is a bit behind the curve on the intelligence scale...

Interestingly, the two bikes have similar power ratings even though the Yamaha has over twice the motor size.

Take him up to the twisty roads... He and everyone else will change their tunes.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:32 PM

Garage
or a dirt road....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2338.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	92434  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofattoridesportbikes View Post
pic

He'll spend more time cleaning it than riding it...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Garage
Nice, I fancy the Yamahas. I was CLOSE to buying a 06 royal star venture with the hardbags and trunk, batwing fairing and cruise control. Really wish Yamaha made another full fledged touring bike again, well for cruisers. I really dig the FJR1300ES.

But no kidding about taking it up a twisty. That's why I left the cruiser world and got a Versys. They'll get over his new Yammy. Its just yet another classic cruiser, like the rest of them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send me to the asylum but l think the Roadstar does look better than your Versys (not as good as mine though!)

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My wife called my Versys "The bug bike".

I would have women come up to me when I was out and about on my Mean Streak. Commenting on the bike, asking for a ride, etc. My wife liked that I had the solo seat.

This is a cruiser than can hold its own in the curves with the sport bike wheels, brakes, and decent suspension.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Send me to the asylum but l think the Roadstar does look better than your Versys (not as good as mine though!)

Guess your mum never taught you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"?

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
He'll spend more time cleaning it than riding it...
He should, but won't. A great Xmas gift might be a detailing coupon, though. Shall we take up a collection?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stversys View Post
Guess your mum never taught you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"?
My Mum actually died 4 weeks ago, but don't go getting all apologetic, but do tell me, why do you not see the tongue-in-cheek humour, or should l put little smilies everywhere so you can decipher whatever is projected in any given post????

Now where's that smiley who shakes his head in derision??????

Last edited by my2wheels; 06-10-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode