browser crashing - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
browser crashing

i frequently get a pop up to download 2592 tags.bluekai.com when i am on this site. if i cancel the download my browser crashes. if i click help on the download i go to a help page but the Versys forum is closed. i have run anti virus software and have run spy ware and malware software and i pc seems clean. anyone else having this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure, but I notified the site admin. Hopefully he can have an answer.

In the mean time, have you tried googling it & see what shows up? Could be an answer out there to fix it.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisabiker View Post
i frequently get a pop up to download 2592 tags.bluekai.com when i am on this site. if i cancel the download my browser crashes. if i click help on the download i go to a help page but the Versys forum is closed. i have run anti virus software and have run spy ware and malware software and i pc seems clean. anyone else having this problem.

Give some detail of your config;
IExploiter, Firefox, other ?
On which OS (microsh*t XYZ, Apple, Linux, other) ?
On a specific page on the forum ?
Might help the admin

On a personal note, no problem what soever
(Firefox on microshi* XP)

LOP
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 PM
djg

you gotta stay off those Russian pron sites, DAMHIK. Just kidding, I am also Firefox on XP, never any problem here.

You had an identical post on the stromtrooper forum, thank you google. Did you read the referenced info in your stromtrooper reply? Whole thing sounds weird.

Last edited by djg; 09-11-2010 at 10:53 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 07:30 AM

Never had a problem with this forum.

My suspect it is the users PC.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 AM

I'd go with infected PC.
Things to try:

1. Ensure automatic updates is enabled and your system is up to date.

2. Click start, in the Run box type "MRT" with out the quotes, press enter. When MS Malicous Software Tool runs tell it to complete a full scan.

Other programs to try:
Malware Bytes
Microsoft Security Essentials
Ad Aware
Spy Bot

Remember you should never have more than one anti-virus program installed on your system at one time.

If you do find that your system is infected the only solution I recommend is to back up your data, format the HD and reinstall windows. I know it's a pain but it's the only way to be sure you got rid of the infection. It's like burning down your house if you find a cockroach but it should only take a few hours for the piece of mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

problem fixed

i think i fixed the crashes. i re-installed my browser and with a minute or so it crashed. but when i re-installed my old setting remained, so i removed my browser and cleaned all traces of it and did a clean install and so far no problems. the only mystery it that it only crashed on this site and the stromtrooper side.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 PM

I run 7 Ultimate and Firefox. I got a tip to try Avast antivirus. It updates every time I boot and have had zero issues since then.

You need to stay off that nasty ole Strom-trooper site, THAT's the problem not this site

V-Zee

"I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my Motor-sickle"

Last edited by VerstehenZee; 09-12-2010 at 03:44 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

I've been using Avast for a long time. My only issue with it, and it's a small one, is that it gives you an advertising pop up on occasion to buy it. But it has been good. I use AVG on my kids' computers & am happy with it as well. By the way, still using XP on my machine. They have Vista. I plan on switching to 7 one of these years, but am really fond of XP. Plus I've become pretty good at fixing it if I have problems. Google is your friend, and there's a ton of info on XP out there.

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 09-12-2010 at 04:02 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
I've been using Avast for a long time. My only issue with it, and it's a small one, is that it gives you an advertising pop up on occasion to buy it. But it has been good. I use AVG on my kids' computers & am happy with it as well. By the way, still using XP on my machine. They have Vista. I plan on switching to 7 one of these years, but am really fond of XP. Plus I've become pretty good at fixing it if I have problems. Google is your friend, and there's a ton of info on XP out there.
With ya' Bear,

Same thing with popups at boot and that sweet female voice that brightens my day. XP is great, but I picked up an ASUS netbook with 7 (bumped it to Ultimate/64) on it and it runs great. For doing this stuff or for using it with the Power Commander, it's small size is a blessing. My old 17' HP (true crap) laptop feels like I have a desktop in my lap. It's huge!

The biggest plus for Avast (other than it's excellent protection) is that it's not a resource hog like Norton. This is a good thing on these netbooks.

Vista working out for ya? I had endless heartaches using it. I'm thinking that's why Micro-shaft ditched it so quickly and went back to Windows. 7 seems to be better than the others, we shall see, eh?

Incidently, CompUSA is running a special at $219 on these netbooks, new. Screamin' deal. (I don't work for CompUSA)

V-Zee

Last edited by VerstehenZee; 09-12-2010 at 04:40 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
With ya' Bear,

Same thing with popups at boot and that sweet female voice that brightens my day. XP is great, but I picked up an ASUS netbook with 7 (bumped it to Ultimate/64) on it and it runs great. For doing this stuff or for using it with the Power Commander, it's small size is a blessing. My old 17' HP (true crap) laptop feels like I have a desktop in my lap. It's huge!

The biggest plus for Avast (other than it's excellent protection) is that it's not a resource hog like Norton. This is a good thing on these netbooks.

Vista working out for ya? I had endless heartaches using it. I'm thinking that's why Micro-shaft ditched it so quickly and went back to Windows. 7 seems to be better than the others, we shall see, eh?

Incidently, CompUSA is running a special at $219 on these netbooks, new. Screamin' deal. (I don't work for CompUSA)

V-Zee
Vista has been ok. The one real pain in the ass problem we've had is getting our older printers to work with it. I HATE effin printers (pardon my language)!! I have at least 5, and none of them are working any more. They seem to be good for about a year or so after you buy 'em, then poof. Some weird little error, or they wont recognize the ink cartridge, or whatever. Anyway, my daughter uses her laptop quite a bit for school, and needs to print things on occasion.

The one printer that has worked up until recently was a lexmark, but it would only print 2 pages, no matter what. But we transfer her file to my XP machine, and the printer prints the whole thing. I've tried different drivers & updates, but nothing fixes the problem. A friend gave me a newer hp printer, which worked great with her laptop (and Vista), but died last weekend & hasn't worked since.

I've been tempted to go buy another printer, but am SO reluctant to do so. They poke you so hard with them, between the price of cartridges, and the printers breaking & being unreliable.

So anyway, long story short (too late??), other than the weird printer problem, Vista has worked pretty good.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Vista has been ok. The one real pain in the ass problem we've had is getting our older printers to work with it. I HATE effin printers (pardon my language)!! I have at least 5, and none of them are working any more. They seem to be good for about a year or so after you buy 'em, then poof. Some weird little error, or they wont recognize the ink cartridge, or whatever. Anyway, my daughter uses her laptop quite a bit for school, and needs to print things on occasion.

The one printer that has worked up until recently was a lexmark, but it would only print 2 pages, no matter what. But we transfer her file to my XP machine, and the printer prints the whole thing. I've tried different drivers & updates, but nothing fixes the problem. A friend gave me a newer hp printer, which worked great with her laptop (and Vista), but died last weekend & hasn't worked since.

I've been tempted to go buy another printer, but am SO reluctant to do so. They poke you so hard with them, between the price of cartridges, and the printers breaking & being unreliable.

So anyway, long story short (too late??), other than the weird printer problem, Vista has worked pretty good.

Had the same exact issue with a Lexmark when I ran Vista. I drop kicked that SOB to the curb and never looked back. Vista was always quirky like that in many ways. If you don't have much data on your daughter's Vista machine, scrub the drive and install XP. You'll be WAY happier!

They sell printers cheap and ink expensive. I got a Brother laser printer last year and it works great (fingers crossed) It was pretty cheap and since I didn't need color, it suits me fine.

V-Zee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode