It's probably not the best idea to honk at a police officer... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
It's probably not the best idea to honk at a police officer...

Saw this on the local news. My biggest takeaway is that I did not know it was illegal to ride standing up in Colorado (Denver??). Otherwise, just general douchebaggery all around...

Motorcyclist records road rage exchange with Denver officer | FOX31 Denver

'09 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 07:00 AM

Ain't cameras great!
saddlebag likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Garage
Wow. Just wow.
I've never heard of it referred to as 'hotdogging' in traffic.

I like how he claims the motorcyclist was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic and road rageful. The guys on a KLR!!! Those three things aren't in their vocabulary! That's for FJR cyclists

Reading some of the youtube comments and the recorders replies I have much respect for him. He keeps a level head and thinks before he speaks. He was retaliating in his conversation with the officer because the officer came out guns ablazin'. I have great respect for the police, especially in this day and age. But unfortunately not everyone is perfect (as you can see in this video).

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)

Last edited by 1stversys; 06-10-2016 at 09:21 AM.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
It is illegal to ride standing up in most states.

Just like cruising in the left lane, not signalling, following too close, and all the other stupid chit people do on the road every day.
1stversys likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:12 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
he wouldnt have his job here long (and possibly his life)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
he wouldnt have his job here long (and possibly his life)
Wait, you mean to say all them pot smoking hippies over there don't get along with cops?? Some even kill cops?? no way...

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stversys View Post
Wait, you mean to say all them pot smoking hippies over there don't get along with cops?? Some even kill cops?? no way...
not all of us are pot heads... sadly there is alot of tweekers and "gang" members that do

yes im a guy.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
not all of us are pot heads... sadly there is alot of tweekers and "gang" members that do
I'm just stirring the pot (hehe) up. No offense intended.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The cop is a grade A first class c*nt, he probably has the little man syndrome & got bullied at school!!!

Why is it that cops over here have gestapo tendencies?????
1stversys likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
The cop is a grade A first class c*nt, he probably has the little man syndrome & got bullied at school!!!

Why is it that cops over here have gestapo tendencies?????
There's been a big shift towards militaristic policing, including getting all bulked up with muscles as if one is a special operator. Steroid use to get that bulk is a common practice. I suspect other hormone supplementation may be common too. Aggressiveness and anger can be pumped up with hormones.

I also think there must be some long term negative affects on a person's attitude when they are in contact with the scum of society all day long at work.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
I'm just stirring the pot (hehe) up. No offense intended.
dont stir the pot youll brake it up

and none taken

but really the tweekers are a big problem here
not pot heads
pot holes tho are also a problem here xD

yes im a guy.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
1/There's been a big shift towards militaristic policing.

2/ Steroid use to get that bulk is a common practice. I suspect other hormone supplementation may be common too. Aggressiveness and anger can be pumped up with hormones.

3/I also think there must be some long term negative affects on a person's attitude when they are in contact with the scum of society all day long at work.
1/ You mean an even bigger shift since the cops murdered innocent student protesters in the 70's???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

2/ Cops should be drug tested like all other employed people!

3/ They do have a tough job, especially those who work in the cities, but that kid on the KLR who was subjected to that raging tirade from that meglamaniac cop did not deserve the abuse he got!
saddlebag likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Kent State was the military. They were National Guard.

Yes, cops should be drug tested. I don't think steroids are covered in traditional drug tests. They aren't in my profession. I'd love to see steroids, hgh, and testosterone be tested for abuse by cops (but medically justified use is fine).

No, that kid did not deserve any of that abuse. The cop should have severe consequences for his actions there. If I engaged in a similar tirade on my job I would be fired without question. Idk if the cop should be fired but he needs some significant time off without pay and some training as a minimum.

I don't excuse cops for bad behavior but I do recognize they tend to deal with scum and unpleasant people all the time. I can understand how they can become predisposed to expect their next contact to be with such a person. When I have contact with an officer, which is extremely rare, I am polite and non-combative in part to not give him any reason to treat me like scum. I try to be just like that rider in the video. He did everything right.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
3/ They do have a tough job, especially those who work in the cities, but that kid on the KLR who was subjected to that raging tirade from that meglamaniac cop did not deserve the abuse he got!
I agree he does not deserve the abuse he got.
Being 24 yrs old it makes me absolutely sick to see a lot of people my age speaking out against police and RAGING about how 'Black Lives Matter' and all cops are bad cops (F the Police), etc etc. I think everyone knows where I'm going with this. ALL LIVES MATTER. Promoting black lives matter does nothing more than promote racism and set our culture BACK in time instead of moving forward. Cops have to deal with that crap day in and day out. So yes I understand why this cops panties may have been in a bunch, but by no means does it excuse this kind of behavior.

My2wheels, if I remember correctly you grew up and lived across the pond from us here in the states. How much different is the policing and 'rioting' handled over there? Would a cop there have jumped out of a vehicle and confronted someone like the OP's??
silviefox and my2wheels like this.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:

My2wheels, if I remember correctly you grew up and lived across the pond from us here in the states. How much different is the policing and 'rioting' handled over there? Would a cop there have jumped out of a vehicle and confronted someone like the OP's??
1st of all hand held phone calls & texting by the driver of a moving vehicle are an offence in the UK,
by anyone!!!
The cops have hands free devices to talk to their control center, & IF they are seen (& the public will report them!) using a cell/mobile phone while on duty (or off duty) in a moving vehicle they are breaking the law!
Are Brit cops as gestapo like as American cops.....in general no, but,
some of the "new" breed of cop have been watching too many Yank movies & TV series' with cops acting like storm troopers, so they do tend to emulate them sometimes.
1stversys likes this.

Last edited by my2wheels; 06-10-2016 at 12:20 PM.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 05:36 PM

Garage
Wow he handled that really well. I want to ride with a camera always on, since my accident. But helmet cams are too much work. I want to mount one where it automatically turns on and records all the time.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Not all cops are azzholes.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Not all cops are azzholes.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYndXngsHxU
I beg to differ Joe, he is also in the azzhole category because he didn't check his mirror when joining a freeway......................
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I beg to differ Joe, he is also in the azzhole category because he didn't check his mirror when joining a freeway......................

Thats just being a Californian.
saddlebag likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thats just being a Californian.
Oh well that makes everything more understandable!!!

PS, how did you know where he was born???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode