Embarrassing Rider.....bit of a rant - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Embarrassing Rider.....bit of a rant

Today I come down my driveway into the usual school traffic. The School is only about a 1/8 of mile from my drive way so morning backups usual. As I get to the bottom of the driveway there is a guy on some kind of sport bike in line just up from my drive....he doesn't let me in ( traffic is all but stopped) ok no biggy the car behind him does. Now this moron on the sport bike (no helmet, a hoody jeans and sneakers) is riding the car in fronts bumper on the far left. Keeps revving his engine and then when the traffic moves starts swerving back and forth. He must have had it running very rich or left the choke on because it also stunk....any way we pass the school and he still keeps up the antics...now we are traveling at about 45mph (5 over the posted limit so traffic is not slow) and he's still on the cars bumper and swerving. He did this the whole 4 miles to the highway where he got on and I stayed straight. I have no doubt he cut everyone off on the on ramp to shoot past them at 100mph.

I was thinking no wonder motorist hate bikers....its pin heads like this that give us all bad names. The only thing this guy could have done worse was have an obscenely loud exhaust. Made me embarrassed to be associated with him.. I hung back about 2-3 car length because I was waiting for him to dump it.

Last edited by offcamber; 09-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
well , you are not the only one and they are all over the world.
We have them here is many shapes and sizes and the worst is what we call locally as "MAT REMPIT"

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mat_Rempit

wish I didn,t put the link. Its an insult to our nation.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm... Maybe his bike is cold natured, therefore he had to keep revving it to keep it running til it warmed up, and same for tires. You don't weave back & forth to warm yours? I do, and it's fun. As far as following distance, I'm 100% with you on that one, but it's not just bikes that follow too close. Around here, cars get so close to each other, it's a wonder we don't get 30 & 40 car pile ups. It amazes me how close people get to each other.

Oh, and not arguing, just offering a different point of view....

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Affectionately known in these parts as a SQUID!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM

Immaturity+position of power(car/bike etc.)....approx= thin patience

my 2 cents...'bin there myself in the past when i've been tailgated or cut-off. sometimes anger lingers a bit too long= danger to me and others. Must work on letting go immediately...very difficult sometimes!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Hmm... As far as following distance, I'm 100% with you on that one, but it's not just bikes that follow too close. Around here, cars get so close to each other, it's a wonder we don't get 30 & 40 car pile ups. It amazes me how close people get to each other.

Oh, and not arguing, just offering a different point of view....

If someones on you butt and won't get off it or thier having a fit of road rage and want to run you down. Get up to speed pull out a little bottle of baby oil from your pocket give it a little squeeze over your left shoulder. when they hit the wipers and smear the oil believe me they'll be slowing down quick looking to get off the road to clean the mess on the windshield.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM

Bikers like that give all of us a bad name.

Best thing to do if anyone is tailgating you is simply to pull into the other/slower lane and let the driver pass. If there isn't another lane simply pull off onto the shoulder or next street. That way the speed demon is gone and not riding your butt. This gets rid of any stress that you might have with them following you and they are down the road. THE WORST THING TO DO IS TAP YOUR BRAKES!!!

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 AM

if someone's right on your arse and they are a problem for you, pull on over and let em go past. it lowers your blood pressure, means they could have a shunt on someone elese's veicle, not yours. and as an added side boinus there is the prospect (or hope) that they may go speeding off attracting the attention of plod with his speed radar .

I've never understood why people get upset about someone behind you. was on a speed awareness course recently (ahem due to being caught speeding), someone in the group went on and on about how she felt threatened by the tw*t in the back, and how it made her speed or drive more riskily. she felt threatened but didn't want to let the tw*t go past for some reason.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

As I stated I was just venting bit....

He was in front of me not behind....IF the car in front pulled over he would have gone 10 feet to the next car....its like train of cars that hour of the morning....no openings till the interstate, which is only 4 miles.

I agree cagers can be just as stupid...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
As I stated I was just venting bit....

He was in front of me not behind....IF the car in front pulled over he would have gone 10 feet to the next car....its like train of cars that hour of the morning....no openings till the interstate, which is only 4 miles.

I agree cagers can be just as stupid...
If he was that much of a Mat Rempit why didn't he just lane split or go up the inside til he got on the freeway?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
If he was that much of a Mat Rempit why didn't he just lane split or go up the inside til he got on the freeway?
Its not legal in this state to do that...

I think California is the only state that's legal to do it.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:03 AM

I know this is going to sound stupid -- cuz it is -- but I'm willing to bet $100 that this guy thinks he's 'warming' his tires. One of his squidly friends probably told him this was a good way to ride safer...
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesAnOcean View Post
I know this is going to sound stupid -- cuz it is -- but I'm willing to bet $100 that this guy thinks he's 'warming' his tires. One of his squidly friends probably told him this was a good way to ride safer...
Wouldn't surprise me a bit...

course at 15 MPH a stone cold tire will grip about as well as a hot one..
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 AM

Never mind him/them. It takes all types to make the world.
You be the Best You can be. Cheers.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 AM

A car tailgating a motorcycle can be disastrous for the motorcyclist. I pull over and let them by if there's room. If not, I have a flashing brake light with extra LED and I apply light pressure on the brake, just enough to get the brake light to flash without slowing noticably and that usually gets the drivers attention. I have also been known to extend my left hand rearward and hold it up in a "stop or back off" position (all 5 fingers, not just one). That actually seems to offend some people from the look on their faces but they can't miss your meaning. It works really well at a stop light or stop sign and the car is so close behind you that you can't see the front plate. That gets much better results than losing your temper and giving a one finger salute, especially considering you are already in their crosshairs. The most common offenders are people below the age of 40 with a cell phone attached to their ear.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Also called a 'spode' or 'spodee'.
And he's saving his money for a loud exhaust.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode