Progressive Insurance fail!?!?! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Progressive Insurance fail!?!?!

Please give me your logical thoughts on this occurance that happened on Sunday.
Me'n'the missus were out for a ride, & within 25mls of leaving home she got a puncture.. (Honda Shadow)
No problem she says, I have Roadside Assistance with my Progressive policy!...(I'm with the Hartford that caters for old farts!)

She gets through & after a myriad of questions like "what phone # are you calling from?".....(like they don't have it on display!) they give her a number to call & get the tow company out!!
He says he can't come until Progressive give him a go-ahead #.
Back to Progressive, they give her ANOTHER # to call, the 2nd guy can't make it today because his "helper" has the 'bike trailer!
Back to Progressive, yet another # for her to call, the last one isn't working today!
Back to Progressive, "we'll see what we can do, but it is a busy weekend madam!"
In the meantime, a couple pull up & ask if we need assistance, & because Progressive aren't any help, we load the Shadow onto their truck & they take us home.

Now here's the reality.
Progressive didn't know l was with her, so she's a lone woman, stranded at the side of a freeway in 82'f direct sunlight for a period of 1&1/2hrs & they still haven't given her any assistance.
They have also never got back to her since Sunday to ask if she's OK & was she satisfied with their response.

.....................THOUGHTS?................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes, that is really poor service and would be reason enough to make a change. Also if you are in to 2nd Amendment rights, Progressive is owned by George Soros, one of thd biggest names behind Democratic anti-gun stands. I had good service with a claim when I was with Progressive for my first year of needing insurance, but then switched when I found out about the George Soros thing. I felt I had to put money where my mouth stands.
1stversys likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
TUBELESS PUNCTURE PILOT for Motorcycles, Scooters, & ATV's - Stop & Go International

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Maybe l should've mentioned the tyre has a tube.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Maybe l should've mentioned the tyre has a tube.

Tube & Tubeless Motorcycle Tire Repair Kit - Stop & Go International

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:15 PM

Sunday, holiday weekend.

I can see where there would be "complications"

That's my take on it.

Next opinion, please.

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:16 PM

Garage
I've seen guys have to wait for hours waiting on roadside assistance and a few waited while no one ever show up with flats. That why i suggested the tire kit. I never leave home without it i have roadside assistance also in case of something bigger than a flat tire..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I have to agree w/ weljo - I too carry the "fixins", and a 12v compressor.
1stversys likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

OK, so the general consensus is that it's her fault????
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My experience with roadside assistance is that it eventually happens, just not very quickly. I carry a compressor and plug kit on my bike and will attempt to plug before I call for assistance......that may be more difficult with tubed tires.......that's why I don't own bikes with tubed tires.

I would bet that the call center was overworked on Memorial Day weekend given all of the motorists that needed assistance. That probably had something to do with their seeming lack of concern and inability to help. I'm not making excuses for them, just thinking out loud. Would that make me switch insurers? Only you can answer that.

It sounds like you ended up getting the best roadside assistance there could possibly be......friendly people willing to help. That's a good thing.
Mike
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
OK, so the general consensus is that it's her fault????
No, I think the general Consensus is that, roadside assistance is just that assistance.. Eventually. I have used it a handful of times in my life (not with progressive) and have had mixed results on average days. Throw in a Holiday weekend, and a Sunday at that and I can understand being some issues. There is always an option to pick up the phone and try to get your own ride if you don't feel things are happening quick enough.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Please give me your logical thoughts on this occurance that happened on Sunday.
Me'n'the missus were out for a ride, & within 25mls of leaving home she got a puncture.. (Honda Shadow)
No problem she says, I have Roadside Assistance with my Progressive policy!...(I'm with the Hartford that caters for old farts!)

She gets through & after a myriad of questions like "what phone # are you calling from?".....(like they don't have it on display!) they give her a number to call & get the tow company out!!
He says he can't come until Progressive give him a go-ahead #.
Back to Progressive, they give her ANOTHER # to call, the 2nd guy can't make it today because his "helper" has the 'bike trailer!
Back to Progressive, yet another # for her to call, the last one isn't working today!
Back to Progressive, "we'll see what we can do, but it is a busy weekend madam!"
In the meantime, a couple pull up & ask if we need assistance, & because Progressive aren't any help, we load the Shadow onto their truck & they take us home.

Now here's the reality.
Progressive didn't know l was with her, so she's a lone woman, stranded at the side of a freeway in 82'f direct sunlight for a period of 1&1/2hrs & they still haven't given her any assistance.
They have also never got back to her since Sunday to ask if she's OK & was she satisfied with their response.

.....................THOUGHTS?................................
2 thoughts:

1) Progressive does not hire tow truck drivers. I've used AMA roadside assistance numerous times and I have had to wait. In one case, I waited out in the cornfields long after dark. I popped a clutch cable coming home from work about 5pm. It got dark about 9pm.
If you don't think service is adequate, take up tow truck driving. You'll stay busy.

2) You don't want to use an insurance company for this. I thought it was cheap coverage too, until I learned that they treat the calls just like any other claim. IOW, it could end up increasing your policy or even causing them to drop you, depending on how many claims you filed recently.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Also if you are in to 2nd Amendment rights, Progressive is owned by George Soros,
Does the nonsense from the peanut gallery ever lighten up?

Progressive insurance is a publically owned company. It trades under the ticker symbol PGR. For $33/share you can own it too.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Does the nonsense from the peanut gallery ever lighten up?

Progressive insurance is a publically owned company. It trades under the ticker symbol PGR. For $33/share you can own it too.
You are correct, my error, he does not own Progressive. Here are some other references to Progressive.

"No, George Soros does not own or control Progressive Insurance. However, the chairman of the Progressive Corporation, Peter Lewis, is a known 'political associate' of George Soros. Together they financially support many liberal causes."

https://mnprager.wordpress.com/2015/...on-org-funder/

My apologies to the OP that his question got mired with political stuff.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I've been down..had a buddy go down...in my case it took three hours before assistance arrived...with my buddy it was over 4 hours...in both cases we called a motorcycle towing company first and worried about being reimbursed by our insurance later...Progressive isn't at fault for the people you called and couldn't get out there...as for the call back..I've dealt with insurance companies for several things (accidents..theft) and it's not something I would've expected...I can't remember them ever calling me back to see how it went...
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
ah hahahahahahahahahahahaha...nice site..good for some laughs...

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Sorry guys, you are all looking at this from (what l see as) the wrong angle!!!

Scenario.....Lone woman breaks down.
Lone woman pays extra for roadside coverage.
Bike breaks down....(it doesn't matter if it's an engine failure or a flat!)
Progressive don't do what it says on the label

End result......massive failure by Progressive to imagine some of the scenarios that could have occurred to a lone woman at the side of a busy freeway & could have made headline news...........

...........Just sayin'............Anyway, let's let this one sink into the pits of the Versys forum bottom drawer
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Sorry guys, you are all looking at this from (what l see as) the wrong angle!!!

Scenario.....Lone woman breaks down.
Lone woman pays extra for roadside coverage.
Bike breaks down....(it doesn't matter if it's an engine failure or a flat!)
Progressive don't do what it says on the label

End result......massive failure by Progressive to imagine some of the scenarios that could have occurred to a lone woman at the side of a busy freeway & could have made headline news...........

...........Just sayin'............Anyway, let's let this one sink into the pits of the Versys forum bottom drawer
Progressive DOES NOT hire tow truck drivers. It doesn't matter if it's a woman, child, illegal alien, gun nut, liberal donor, or Silverback gorilla stranded. If there isn't a truck available, they can't waive a magic wand and make one appear for their client.
You had another option yannow. You could have called for your own tow truck. They wouldn't have showed up for you either, but then you'd have had to blame yourself.
It doesn't matter if you use AAA, AMA, Progressive or any other service. If there isn't an available truck driver available, yer gonna have to wait just like everyone else. If she is too faire to sit out in the rain waiting for help, maybe she should find another hobby? Believe me, this motorcycle thing can get a lot worse than twiddling yer thumbs...
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have used roadside assistance through ROK a couple times. There is a wait.

My buddy went down in a WMA, and it was 4 hours in pitch dark waiting for the tow.

The driver had to go pick up his girlfriend first. He then winched the bike down so tight that the seals blew.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=twowheeladdict;1157674]I have used roadside assistance through ROK a couple times. There is a wait.

So would any of you suggest the ROK plan? I just called AAA to see about upgrading from their basic plan to the Plus plan that will allow me to add the RV and MC coverage, and the total increase will be $95/year. The ROK plan at $29.95 doesn't look to bad.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode