You Mad Bro ??? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
You Mad Bro ???

Going to Arby's for lunch today. A BMW douche bag comes to a complete stop at the parking lot entrance so i go around him so he hits the gas to try to keep me from getting over.. He failed.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLorHIF2Bo4
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
He did not want to rip his front bumper off
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecis View Post
He did not want to rip his front bumper off
Then he should have went in at an angle. My oldest step-son has a 2015 535d with a body kit and theres no need to stop or go that slow there.
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
You Mad Bro ???
I think so.
People are funny. Any time you took from him (microseconds at best) was surely dwarfed by the time he wasted driving over to yap at you like an angry chihuahua.
weljo2001 and 1stversys like this.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 09:18 AM

So the guy 2 cars in front of you nearly stops on the driveway. You're still safely in the center left turn lane. You accelerate around both cars, zip in front of the BMW's left front corner effectively cutting him off. Then you call him a MF'er.

Who is it that is the douche in this video?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 10:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
So the guy 2 cars in front of you nearly stops on the driveway. You're still safely in the center left turn lane. You accelerate around both cars, zip in front of the BMW's left front corner effectively cutting him off. Then you call him a MF'er.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Sure, opposing traffic is blocked and you can safely pull in next to them from the look of things, but hitting the throttle and cutting off the BMW seemed completely pointless and quite unsafe, I would have been mad about that if I was that car as well (although I would also have been annoyed at his driving, if you need to come to a full stop because of a small rollover curb your vehicle is probably too low to be a daily driver.)

But what do I know, I think lane-splitting is unsafe (it's taught as such in my province) but most online bikers seem to disagree with me.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Guess you didn't see him floor it as i was going around him.
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 12:57 PM

You provoked him. Obviously he is an aggressive personality, just like you are. Most people would do what I would do, shrug off your aggressive riding and verbal epithets as not worth my time getting all bothered about. But when you meet someone of similar disposition as your own, your video shows the results.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
You provoked him. Obviously he is an aggressive personality, just like you are. Most people would do what I would do, shrug off your aggressive riding and verbal epithets as not worth my time getting all bothered about. But when you meet someone of similar disposition as your own, your video shows the results.

True.....
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 01:29 PM

Calm down children.....
binderline and kballowe like this.

STUPID IS THE NEW NORMAL
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
Calm down children.....
but I already got my pitchfork out
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBVersys001 View Post

But what do I know, I think lane-splitting is unsafe (it's taught as such in my province) but most online bikers seem to disagree with me.
This would get you -6087 reddit karma points. Those guys with their voting.. But I kinda agree. It's safer so that you're not in the back of a line waiting to be rear ended, but then you get in the front (and most videos show the rider going maybe too fast between the stopped traffic) of the line, and zip out as soon as the light turns green.. What about those guys running the late yellow lights? Hmm.

The OP is a certified doucher, and I don't want to get myself worked up by watching that ****.
ray h likes this.

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
This would get you -6087 reddit karma points. Those guys with their voting.. But I kinda agree. It's safer so that you're not in the back of a line waiting to be rear ended, but then you get in the front (and most videos show the rider going maybe too fast between the stopped traffic) of the line, and zip out as soon as the light turns green.. What about those guys running the late yellow lights? Hmm.

The OP is a certified doucher, and I don't want to get myself worked up by watching that ****.

Are you still upset that i didn't tip your mother on top of her normal fee.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:49 PM

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Lane splitting is illegal where I live, and I've never lived anywhere that it is legal. So, having said that, it does seem quite dangerous around here to lane split. Perhaps in part because car drivers have no experience with it. I would expect to be hit by someone changing lanes who wasn't expecting me there, whereas the risk of being rear ended is miniscule. People make all kinds of sudden impulsive lane changes and turns. The only rear end accidents I've known of personally have happened on the freeway in construction zones or when traffic is jammed up from an accident.

I admit my bias against lane splitting is in part due to seeing it in various Asian cities where everyone rides like a lunatic.

As to late yellow/red light running, I try to never be the first into the intersection when the light turns green for me. My wife's entire family was in the car years ago when she was young, when her father let someone else rush into the intersection when the light turned green. The car was hit by a speeding dump truck running the red light, resulting in several fatalities. My wife would have been dead as would most of her family had her father asserted his right to be first into the intersection when the light went green.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 05:32 PM

exactly.. and thats what splitting lanes does, put you in the front of the queue. NY is still not on board, so our heated drivers would not take kindly to being passed, even if it is not slowing them down one bit.. Not a game I want to play. I had a guy run me off the edge of the blacktop once trying to pass him on the right (slowly, maybe 3mph) so I could make a right on red.. That was 4 years ago, so yeah we're not ready to deal with the feeling of being passed yet..

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That's just a whole lot of bull. The white BMW never stopped, and it barely sped up at all as you closely cut across in front.

Your days are numbered, Joe.... You really need to smarten up asap.
Gailk and Irish green like this.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 08:00 PM

Garage
Quote:

After reading a few reddit threads on lane splitting, I never felt like finding out exactly how much negative karma stating that opinion was worth.

If lanes were a bit wider, drivers educated to expect it and drive accordingly, I could see it being "safer", but mashing 2 different forms of traffic moving at different speeds in close confines seems to check every risk you're supposed to watch for on a bike at once instead of the risk of getting rear ended.
sonofnothing likes this.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 01:25 AM

Garage
Here you are allowed to filter at 30 km/h or less. Lane splitting is illegal and after seeing videos of motorcyclists doing so at high speed I can see why.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBVersys001 View Post

If lanes were a bit wider, drivers educated to expect it and drive accordingly, I could see it being "safer", but mashing 2 different forms of traffic moving at different speeds in close confines seems to check every risk you're supposed to watch for on a bike at once instead of the risk of getting rear ended.
Say this on reddit and take a screenshot. Or tell me which thread it's in hehehe. I just got bombarded for saying that "I think the Grom is a trend and won't last long." I get it, Kawi is making a competitor, but because they want to make $ too. Just like those pocket bikes, it's fun, you can act immature on them, beat them around, but why? I think the Versys is a perfect, nimble city machine and has the balls to ride the highway, and the throne is high enough to be useful! Anyway. Threadjack, sorry. Carry on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode