Riding With A Gun - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

5Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 1 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 2 Post By rayj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Riding With A Gun

The guy rides a Versys.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkvvBm3320
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
That was informative.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice wheelie.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
an the advantages of having a CCL . i just tuck my .45 in to my hogleg and go on my way

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm sure the bro's in da hood will appreciate that video.........

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
an the advantages of having a CCL . i just tuck my .45 in to my hogleg and go on my way
????

Hogleg: a large single-action revolver of the type carried in the West by cowboys and frontiersmen

"I do not think it means what you think it means"

STUPID IS THE NEW NORMAL
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
????

Hogleg: a large single-action revolver of the type carried in the West by cowboys and frontiersmen

"I do not think it means what you think it means"
no hogleg is a maker of shoulder (and other) holster. great leather workers. heres there facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Hogleg-Hols...8455072051281/
sonofnothing likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
no hogleg is a maker of shoulder (and other) holster. great leather workers. heres there facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Hogleg-Hols...8455072051281/
OK......

STUPID IS THE NEW NORMAL
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Not a bad video but not quite accurate in some ways. Locked in a saddle bag is locked. There is no requirement to double lock up your gun to be in compliance with FOPA. But your ammo should be in a different saddle bag and, depending on state, should be locked as well. Zipped in your backpack may not be legal especially if loaded in magazines. But that is all state specific.

If stopped by law enforcement there is no requirement to notify one is lawfully transporting a firearm in most places. But if you are lawfully carrying concealed or if the gun is loaded then there may well be a duty to inform. That is an important distinction. If traveling interstate with your unloaded firearm locked in a saddle bag you almost certainly do not want to offer such information to the police, especially in non-free states. If you're going to the range and your gun is unloaded and locked up in a saddle bag, separated from the ammo, you probably have no duty to inform the officer.

If the officer starts asking questions you are probably best not to answer when they go on a fishing expedition. Take the ticket and leave. "I am not willing to answer questions not required of me by law". "I prefer to protect my rights by not answering such questions". "Am I being detained or am I free to leave?". "I do not consent to search".
1stversys likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
In Ohio, we are supposed to inform the peace officer as soon as possible that we, with a CCL either have a firearm on our person, or in the vehicle. If I have it holstered, I am good, and to me an unloaded gun is worthless. Since I drive an SUV, if it's not on me I have to keep it locked in the glove box or in some other containment device since theoretically any passengers could access the weapon if it were stored anywhere else in the vehicle. It is my understanding that I am allowed to have a holstered, loaded weapon on my person while driving any vehicle, including a motorcycle, but it has to be concealed. Even just a view of the holster can result in charges. My kids know that if they are driving any of our cars, if they get pulled over they must recite: Officer, this vehicle is registered to my father, and he has a CCL. However, to my understanding there is currently no firearm in the vehicle.

In reality, the police already know you are a CCL person since all vehicles in your household are linked to the State database. In fact, most police now have scanning devices wherein license plates can be scanned quite easily, and they get a heads up on all sorts of information such as past due tickets, outstanding warrants, past due child support, if the car is stolen, if the owner has a CCL. I understand for CCL persons they can actually bring up your picture from the CCL to see if it matches the mug on your drivers license.

It's a sad day in this country that those of us who are productive, obey the law, and try to do everything right regarding something like obtaining a CCL and following the proper procedures are more vilified and threatened about what the authorities will do to us than the criminals. I'll bet 75% of the felons who are waiting trial out on bail since there is no room for them at the jail are under disability for having already committed a crime with a firearm, and they do it over and over again. If my f...ing holster is visible, I am threatened with hard time, confiscation of all my firearms, and major fines. Don't get me started!!! Ride safe.

I forgot that my fishing buddies in Montana chide me about only carrying 9mm pistols. The told me that people in Montana are all so friendly to each other because everyone is carrying.
Fly-Sig and aemacleod like this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)

Last edited by rayj; 06-01-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Needed to add one more comment
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:06 PM

It differs state to state....and in some cases city to city.

If you want to be sure check.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode