Ouch !!!!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Ouch !!!!!!

He started off in such a great mood.....

King.Versys and josucksbuena like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can't really see a reason as to why he crossed the line, Fixation maybe? Ironic after all the talk about the dangers of that road. That was about 2 feet away from a head on fatality from what I saw.

Edit: I missed the part about the wind, still not sure thats the culprit but certainly could be. I say that because he is negotiating a turn and starting towards the other lane while protected by the rocks on the right which would have protected him from much wind I would think.

Last edited by ronheater70; 05-04-2016 at 11:44 AM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Can't really see a reason as to why he crossed the line, Fixation maybe? Ironic after all the talk about the dangers of that road. That was about 2 feet away from a head on fatality from what I saw.

Edit: I missed the part about the wind, still not sure thats the culprit but certainly could be. I say that because he is negotiating a turn and starting towards the other lane while protected by the rocks on the right which would have protected him from much wind I would think.

Yea, I'm not buying the "Wind" thing eighter. More like lack of skill.
chadams66, saddlebag and Stoley like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm going to refrain from commenting about my thoughts on that guy!!!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
braking stands the bike up, if your not turning hard enough , dont brake , look into the turn more and keep throttle steady
onewizard and Lours_Polaire like this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:50 PM

This guy is a big ***** with no skills.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Wind???

Watched that several times, still upright when entering turn, his I will post slow mo in a few days, will ultimately show the same thing, I question what happened to the truck driver?
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Watched that several times, still upright when entering turn, his I will post slow mo in a few days, will ultimately show the same thing, I question what happened to the truck driver?
truck driver either had his truck fixed up by the guys insurance or didn't even notice that the bike clipped him and just kept on going.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 09:21 AM

I like the irony of the U1st (first aid supply company) truck rolling by in the last minute.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea nope....he screwed up as simple as that. Too busy chatting up and not thinking about what he was doing.

I also wonder about the speed....I know on my videos it looks like I am hauling butt, but with the versys you can see the speedo pretty easy....he had his camera in a way you could not see his true speed....me thinks he found out people can get a ticket from internet videos of them being stupid.
IronMan likes this.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'm rather hated on the V1k site for dissing a video of one of the Brits straightening out every mild bend by crossing into oncoming traffic on some lovely, albeit lonely Parisian mountain road. Anything that actually required leaning the bike, he went around like a little old lady.
Every one of those jaclkasses proceeded to jump my sh*t because there is some knucklehead author over there that wrote a book about how hanging it out in the wrong lane was a good way to ride.
Little pisses me off more than some clown coming the other way in my lane in a corner. I think hitting them with a Mac truck is probably a good way to teach them a little respect for their fellow road travelers.
That situation would have been twice as bad had one of us been going the other way rather than the dunp truck.
If you are riding too fast to maintain your lane, slow the f*ck down!
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
The camera was distracting him, like 'texting' does, so he screwed up ROYALLY!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Push Steering or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
braking stands the bike up, if your not turning hard enough , dont brake , look into the turn more and keep throttle steady
Excellent point, always realize that you should be looking where you want to go not going where your looking, which was his case.
No attempt to push steer or any other correction, plus he is smart enough to post his video and should be proud of it***or NOT!

I came very close on a downward curve near a ski hill several years ago, Harley rider coming up into a curve and blind spot, came across into my lane, the sudden distraction I push steered but lost focus of my turn and was looking for avoidance, in the process I ended up looking at the guard rail, only 3 to 5 seconds, enough to almost crash my bike and get into loose gravel, some more tense 5 seconds with engine braking at a minimum and strictly push steering, as I was on a 45' decline, almost all the weight on the front wheel. Fine line of steering out of it and breaking traction and crashing, seemed like minutes, a good wake up call. My son was in the lead and saw what happened in his mirror,and was concerned about me because he saw the idiot going into what was soon to become my lane, he just missed the Harley dude as well, luckily he was in a straight stretch.

Last edited by onewizard; 05-05-2016 at 05:49 PM.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Biz

Too busy blathering like an imbecile on his media circus... not enough focus on riding. Stupidity.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:29 AM

I looked at the video again - His primary mistake was that he "early apexed" the curve!

When riding fast curves on public roads, the best way to approach it - is to ride in the outside track of your lane until you can see the exit point of the curve, and then point your bike to the inside track at that point. See David Hough's books on "proficient riding" for details on how and why it's best to "late apex" fast curves on public roads.

He also appeared to be riding over his head trying to catch up to his buddy. Plus (obviously) all the other mistakes mentioned in the posts above (like not leaning the bike, jabbering into his video camera instead of focusing on his riding, etc.).

But early apexing was the primary physical cause for this crash.

Last edited by trialsguy; 05-09-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: clairity - correction
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz View Post
Too busy blathering like an imbecile on his media circus... not enough focus on riding. Stupidity.
Best reply yet Biz......& unfortunately his video is now Worldwide & the rest of humanity gets to judge him as a typical American!!!

( I can't get my head around why he posted a video showing everyone that he is a complete tw*T?)
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Best reply yet Biz......& unfortunately his video is now Worldwide & the rest of humanity gets to judge him as a typical American!!!

( I can't get my head around why he posted a video showing everyone that he is a complete tw*T?)
American?!? I thought he was Canadian! He's got the accent.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Not pleasant to watch but I can see it being educational for some to reinforce the idea of staying in your own lane.

Trailsguy: Arid desert landscape; the roads are not consistently cracked from winter frost heaves; rider does not use the word "sorry" enough; conclusion, it's not Canada.

Last edited by twowheels; 05-09-2016 at 01:01 PM.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Not pleasant to watch but I can see it being educational for some to reinforce the idea of staying in your own lane.

Trailsguy: Arid desert landscape; the roads are not consistently cracked from winter frost heaves; rider does not use the word "sorry" enough; conclusion, it's not Canada.

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

Hmmm.... Yep. Desert and palm trees. Not Canadian. Not Minnessotan eder.

But that guy's voice sounds familiar.

It's too painful to watch again.
Lours_Polaire likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode