broken rule, broken bike, broken body - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

7Likes
  • 1 Post By ronheater70
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By ronheater70
  • 1 Post By chadams66
  • 2 Post By ronheater70

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
broken rule, broken bike, broken body

Always have had a rule.. No one rides my bikes unless I know you Really well, or your family..I have made absolutely zero exception to that rule, until last night. When a Great friend and one of his co-workers stopped by on his way home from work last night to show me his new Nissan Titan. I had my 500 leaning against the building because I had been riding it about 30 minutes prior. Co-worker dude looks at it and asked all kinds of questions etc.. I have known my friend for a decade or so and ride hare scrambles with him on occasion, so when co-worker asked to take bike for a spin I went to friend who said he had ridden with him for a few years as well and he was a good rider.
Long story short, guy takes of across the field about 1/2 throttle for a couple laps. And my buddy signals for him to come back because he's ready to leave..then all hell breaks loose and you hear an open class 2-stroke catching gears across a field. Front end went straight in the air wide open in 4th gear at near 55 mph I reckon, and he panicked jammed the rear brake and the front end nose dived and he cartwheeled across the field.

He is lucky and ends up with 2 broken fingers on his left hand, a dislocated shoulder, and a deep gash across his right hip that in the end I was told required about 15 stitches to close. Not sure about the gash, must have been tangled with the bike at first.

Bike, lost a radiator shroud on the left side, tweaked bars, and destroyed front fender. Nothing major as I had some Plastics I had gotten of Ebay that was 2 years newer, and new KX 500 Decals to put on it anyway.. Love Moto x Bikes, drop em off a cliff and start em up and ride them home. BUT..I thought at my age I was done learning from stupid mistakes..Nope.. still make em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 08:28 AM

I have not learned I still let people ride my bikes. Did he offer to pay to fix it? Or does he want to sue you for letting him ride such a beast. I love my 2 strokes! Sorry about your bike.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
I have not learned I still let people ride my bikes. Did he offer to pay to fix it? Or does he want to sue you for letting him ride such a beast. I love my 2 strokes! Sorry about your bike.

He was in pain and didn't discuss much, Buddy said he would be good for it, if not, he would cover it.. Not too worried about it I was gonna update the plastics anyway and had already purchased them over the winter just hadn't done it yet. Have Factory bars off my 300 KTM in the shop as well I may be able to swap on, so it's mostly just my time.
turn8a likes this.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
and you didnt get it on video? tisk tisk
HAWKSHOT99 likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My two stroke riding friends think it is funny to put a guy on the bike and let him experience the thrill.

All good until someone gets hurt.

I will let anyone ride my vintage trials bike, and used to keep a '93 XR250L around for people to try out.

No one rides my street bikes unless it is an experienced good friend who I know can handle it, and pay for it.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
and you didnt get it on video? tisk tisk

Hell Yea, You could have made enough money off that to pay for everything...
saddlebag likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Hell Yea, You could have made enough money off that to pay for everything...
I need to take some lessons from you, you seem to have cameras everywhere, cars, bikes, etc..L
weljo2001 likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
....then all hell breaks loose and you hear an open class 2-stroke catching gears across a field. Front end went straight in the air wide open in 4th gear at near 55 mph I reckon, and he panicked jammed the rear brake and the front end nose dived and he cartwheeled across the field....
The last OPEN class 2-stroke I had was an ex-factory I.S.D.T. CanAm 400 Qualifier that would do 105 mph WFO in 5th gear!

Better have that pointed in a safe direction when you "pin" the throttle...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
The last OPEN class 2-stroke I had was an ex-factory I.S.D.T. CanAm 400 Qualifier that would do 105 mph WFO in 5th gear!

Better have that pointed in a safe direction when you "pin" the throttle...!

I have always had a 500 in the garage for the last 20 years or so.. I love them.. I seem to switch back and forth every 5-6 years or so between a CR or KX. . The late 80's early 90s CR 500's were the most brutal, after that, they still made the same massive power but the delivery was tamed a bit and they make Excellent woods bikes.
The Kx has similar Power, however Kawasaki never tamed it like Honda did the CR IMHO. It's just plain brutal everywhere, I mean everywhere from off idle to top end.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Biz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just finished rebuilding my 78 Yamaha Enduro 2 stroke. Set it up with dual sport tires and only ride it street and light off road. I only let my buddies I ride with regularly hop on... never a noob. I spent way too much time repainting, and rebuilding everything, to watch it go down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DT250leftside.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	89658   Click image for larger version

Name:	DT250rightside.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	89666  

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Biz

My previous two stroke project was a 74 Kawi H2. It was 750 cc's of Satan. That was a huge project, but worth it, I never stopped smiling while riding it. Glad to see there's some other folks here that dig two strokes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	•RightFull.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	89674   Click image for larger version

Name:	•LeftFull.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	89682   Click image for larger version

Name:	•GasTankRight.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	89690  

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
No one rides my bikes. Not friends, not family, not no one. Well, the wife has a free pass. But other than that NO ONE. If you want to ride a motorcycle....go buy one.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
No one rides my bikes. Not friends, not family, not no one. Well, the wife has a free pass. But other than that NO ONE. If you want to ride a motorcycle....go buy one.
Well just SEE if I'm gonna come to the "Rock" to visit YOU...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
...I can get a bike for you.....Just not mine! ha ha....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 05-10-2016 at 12:24 PM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I let two friends ride two of my bikes twice...neither had bikes at the time...I took the BMW and the guy took the Versys and the chick took the 450t...we had a blast...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	three at once 1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	90210   Click image for larger version

Name:	three at once 3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	90218   Click image for larger version

Name:	three at once 6.5.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	90226   Click image for larger version

Name:	three at once 7.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	90234  
turn8a likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
I let two friends ride two of my bikes twice...neither had bikes at the time...I took the BMW and the guy took the Versys and the chick took the 450t...we had a blast...
Yea, I have great friends I have known for very long time who I have zero issue letting them take my equipment for a weekend, or even longer (assuming i'm not riding it)
My Mistake was equating a friend of a good friend at that same level in my social circle. He is fine BTW (beyond the stated injuries) and has called me and was quick to offer up money for any damages to the bike etc.. It's all good.
turn8a and chadams66 like this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I have always had a 500 in the garage for the last 20 years or so.. I love them.. .
I am currently trying to work something out to acquire a 1980 Suzuki Gn400 single cylinder I came across. Just need to have some ringa ding ding ding to remind me of my learning days in the late 60's.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode