Wasn't Someone Looking For One Of These ?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

2Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Wasn't Someone Looking For One Of These ??

2006 Suzuki DRZ400E - TWT Forums
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Pricey for a 10 year old off road only Suzuki. My DRZ400S was a nice bike, but needed a 6th gear to make it a good trail bike, and a good street bike. If you geared it for the woods, it sucked on the street, and vice versa.

My Versys Travels:

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That seems alot for a 10yr old bike with "unknown" hours on the clock, also, l hear that getting a title isn't that easy in some States.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 08:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
That seems alot for a 10yr old bike with "unknown" hours on the clock, also, l hear that getting a title isn't that easy in some States.
True, but that is a TX forum. If he titled it there for the street, then it could easily move to other states.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
True, but that is a TX forum. If he titled it there for the street, then it could easily move to other states.
I under stood the following excerpt from his ad to mean it isn't titled at all!?!?!

"This bike is not plated, but it is easily done for about $250.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
I under stood the following excerpt from his ad to mean it isn't titled at all!?!?!

I'm not sure how off-road only bikes are tracked. Mine has no paperwork at all. Just a bill of sale from the guy I bought it from.

I don't know if in Texas it is $250 to process it for a plate, or if he is saying $250 in parts to make it street legal, and then apply for a title and plate.

I do know that some S owners buy the E carb, E head gasket, and put a larger capacity plastic tank on their bikes to get them closer to the E performance. Probably cost the same as getting and E and turning it into an S.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

He got it plated........

Re: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400E
I had a lot of inquiries about the bike and most were about making it highway legal. I decided to go ahead and make the bike street legal and got it plated and titled in Arkansas.

I ordered a dual sport kit and Trail Tech Vapor speedo kit that I will install next week. The kit will have everything that is required in Texas to pass inspection although, tires could be an issue as these are not dot street legal. Arkansas has no inspection . The price will be about $300 more, but the hard part will have been done and the bike will be ready for dual sport purposes!

The title should be back in a couple of weeks, but in the mean time, I have the registration showing the tag number and the tag.

~Tony

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode