Motorcycle VS Dog - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Motorcycle VS Dog

Guy was lucky the big rig missed him.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Kyd2htJLc
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Holy crap that was scary!

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Most larger dogs know better then to cross a highway during the day. That one seemed spooked. Glad it wasn't worse for these guys.

Binderline
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Holy crap that was scary!

Yea the guy that hit the dog and was on the ground was probably pissed he didn't get to pull the gun he had on his hip....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Banned

I'm still trying to work out if the dog was dumber than the guys , considering some of the inane comments those wussies were spouting!!!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 AM

Garage
Thank gods the truck driver had some good reflex and was paying attention !

LOP
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:24 AM

Did you see the second angle that really shows the guy leaping out of the way of the big rig? Straight up ninja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELUw...ature=youtu.be

Edit: Looks like ViralHog approached the guy for the full res version, watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q6mRPP1_58
kohburn likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder if ABS would have saved either rider from going down. It is obvious that the second guy locked up the front wheel. The first one may have as well. Really hard to tell though.

Shows what following too close can do.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 12:33 PM

That stupid mutt slid off in the ditch, and remained there... You can see it a bit at 0:41-0:43.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 02:50 PM

I had a f..cking small doe play chicken with me on Saturday morning while entering I-275 coming off I-71 just when I was speeding up from around 50 to 70 MPH and had to come to almost a complete stop since the deer could not make up it's mid. Thank God no one was close to me.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 04:50 PM

Helmet - check. Pistol - check. Plumbers butt covered in road rash - check...
weljo2001 likes this.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I wonder if ABS would have saved either rider from going down. It is obvious that the second guy locked up the front wheel. The first one may have as well. Really hard to tell though.

1st guy had his rear tire off the ground as he hit the dog with front brake on... It was just a small dog that could've been run over properly.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
1st guy had his rear tire off the ground as he hit the dog with front brake on... It was just a small dog that could've been run over properly.

Yep, I've hit 2 dogs both of them big one was a Rottie. Just stand up a bit pull on the front end and hit the gas. Just like motocross hitting a bump...
invader and josucksbuena like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 10:49 PM

Rider 1 (lead rider) seemed to hit the dog with immediate braking. Rider 2 (behind lead rider) probably could have avoided the front wheel lock with ABS....but, because he was following so close, would likely have hit Rider 1 regardless (if ABS installed), because of proximity.

Agreed.... Rider 2 following too closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:55 AM

imo rider 2 went down because he panicked. the second camera view that shows them both going down had no problem slowing down in time.

and yes while sliding at 30mph the guy ninja leaped out of the path of the semi. I've now seen it all.

1st rider probably would have never gone down if he hadn't been on the brakes. one of the first written lessens about road obstacles (they don't mention dogs but that's what a dog is) is to unweight the front and ride over it.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
imo rider 2 went down because he panicked. the second camera view that shows them both going down had no problem slowing down in time.

and yes while sliding at 30mph the guy ninja leaped out of the path of the semi. I've now seen it all.

1st rider probably would have never gone down if he hadn't been on the brakes. one of the first written lessens about road obstacles (they don't mention dogs but that's what a dog is) is to unweight the front and ride over it.
The instructor in the advanced MSF class I took said that if you can eat it in one setting run it over.

Personally, I don't like bikes with touchy brakes. I don't mind applying additional pressure to stop quicker. Keeps my fingers strong and reduces the risk of an accidental look up.

My Versys Travels:

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:17 AM

I ran over a dead deer in the road last fall going over 60mph, I got airborne. I'd say that if you have the ground clearance run it over
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Guy was lucky the big rig missed him.....
You ain't a kiddin. That would have hurt a lot worse than getting the wind knocked out of ya.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
I ran over a dead deer in the road last fall going over 60mph, I got airborne. I'd say that if you have the ground clearance run it over
You're saying you used it as a ramp? When I hit mine, I got airborne too, but the bike didn't go with me.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
You're saying you used it as a ramp? When I hit mine, I got airborne too, but the bike didn't go with me.
yeah I ramped off of it, was running late to catch the ferry to work so I just kept on going.

one the way home in the light of day there were probably 2 dozen bloody tire tracks from cars that also hit it. the body was right in a shadow after a street light. the light blinded you to it.

was your standing or laying down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode