Flight prices in EUrope!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Flight prices in EUrope!!!

Why is the USA (& Canada?) such a big rip off when it comes to the price of "domestic" flights when you can fly to Sweden & Norway for $7 from London in April????
I was browsing my flight that l booked via this Brit/lrish company (l'm going back to the UK in a week & also doing a mini-vacation around Croatia) It's criminal what the airline companies charge over here, & even though they add surcharges when the price of oil goes up, l still haven't seen one company reduce their prices since it tumbled last year!!!!!

https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Why is the USA (& Canada?) such a big rip off when it comes to the price of "domestic" flights when you can fly to Sweden & Norway for $7 from London in April????
I was browsing my flight that l booked via this Brit/lrish company (l'm going back to the UK in a week & also doing a mini-vacation around Croatia) It's criminal what the airline companies charge over here, & even though they add surcharges when the price of oil goes up, l still haven't seen one company reduce their prices since it tumbled last year!!!!!

https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/
Ryanair doesn't count. Gotta pay for EVERYTHING, they were even toying with the idea of charging to use the crapper, they were also looking into making their seats standing seats. Also, IIRC, they have MASSIVE subsidies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Ryanair doesn't count. Gotta pay for EVERYTHING, they were even toying with the idea of charging to use the crapper, they were also looking into making their seats standing seats. Also, IIRC, they have MASSIVE subsidies.
So don't use them if you have so many hangups about the company!!
I'm flying to Croatia from Manchester UK for $50 return & taking a bag that fits in it all l need & that fits into the overhead locker for free bags.

So you want to talk about which Yank companies have been subsidized yet you don't get to enjoy any cheaper items from them?????

Last edited by my2wheels; 04-14-2016 at 02:00 PM.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 02:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
So don't use them if you have so many hangups about the company!!
I'm flying to Croatia from Manchester UK for $50 return & taking a bag that fits in it all l need & that fits into the overhead locker for free bags.

So you want to talk about which Yank companies have been subsidized yet you don't get to enjoy any cheaper items from them?????
I'm answering your questions as I don't personally care what airline you fly. If I were based out of the UK or Ireland and wanted to travel to the continent, and were budget conscious, I would probably fly Ryanair. Since I'm not doing any of those things I won't. I would, however, more likely spend a little extra money and fly a Star Alliance carrier while I was over there so I could pad my mileage account.

To REALLY answer your questions, you can get similar prices for flights of similar duration/distance on Spirit, Southwest, and Frontier while you're here in the States.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I use to fly a lot in the 80's I'd go 1st class because a ticket was usually around $90.00 more than coach. Then they came out with "Flight Miles" and ruined it. A 1st class ticket went to about $300.00 more than coach and i think it has gotten worse since.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

To REALLY answer your questions, you can get similar prices for flights of similar duration/distance on Spirit, Southwest, and Frontier while you're here in the States.
REALLY?????.....l don't think so!!

1175mls.......https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lond...59.3293235!3e0

Cost; $32 RETURN!!!!,,,,,,https://www.kayak.com/flight-routes/.../Stockholm-STO
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

The silence is almost unbearable!!!!................
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
REALLY?????.....l don't think so!!

1175mls.......https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lond...59.3293235!3e0

Cost; $32 RETURN!!!!,,,,,,https://www.kayak.com/flight-routes/.../Stockholm-STO
Quote:
Mick - do you think the "silence" is because NOBODY here wants to GO to Europe.... (At least - NOT now.)
kiwi 41 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm an airline captain here in the USA. Per flight our total profit is less than $1000. Sometimes a lot less than that depending on the route. Figure per passenger something like $10 as a ballpark number of how much of their ticket price goes to profit.

I have never understood how the deep discount carriers in Europe can offer such low fares for all their seats. They must have some big subsidies of some sort, somehow.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Mick - do you think the "silence" is because NOBODY here wants to GO to Europe.... (At least - NOT now.)
I was referring the "silence" towards Cheftyler who doesn't actually know what he's talking about, & the OP was asking "Why are flight prices so expensive in the USA as compared to Europe" & not "Who wants to go to Europe"........But thanks for breaking the silence Eddie!

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 08:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Sorry, I tend to not read the forum on weekends.
And yes, Southworst, Spirit, Sun Country and all the other budget airlines no one likes to fly have seat sales too.
NO ONE I have met/talked to who has flown Ryanair like it, so you also get what you pay for.

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, I tend to not read the forum on weekends.
And yes, Southworst, Spirit, Sun Country and all the other budget airlines no one likes to fly have seat sales too.
NO ONE I have met/talked to who has flown Ryanair like it, so you also get what you pay for.
OK, now 2 questions arise from your "off the cuff" statements.
1/ Show me any sub $20 return flights by any of those airlines?
2/ How many people on this side of the pond do you know who have flown with Ryanair ???
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 11:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
OK, now 2 questions arise from your "off the cuff" statements.
1/ Show me any sub $20 return flights by any of those airlines?
2/ How many people on this side of the pond do you know who have flown with Ryanair ???
1) they're SEAT SALE prices, look up that term.
2) About a dozen from this side of the pond. Close to 100 from the time I spent working in Chester, 10 or so that work for my company's newest acquisition in London, and 4 or 5 people I worked with in Zambia (from Oz, South Africa, and various European countries).

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
1) they're SEAT SALE prices, look up that term.
2) About a dozen from this side of the pond. Close to 100 from the time I spent working in Chester, 10 or so that work for my company's newest acquisition in London, and 4 or 5 people I worked with in Zambia (from Oz, South Africa, and various European countries).
1)I do know what "seat sale" prices means, but l asked you to show me the evidence, which we both know you can't!

2) There are whiny assed/arsed people everywhere, you just seem to know alot of them!!!

So anyway, jovial banter aside, WTF where you doing in Chester?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 05:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
1)I do know what "seat sale" prices means, but l asked you to show me the evidence, which we both know you can't!

2) There are whiny assed/arsed people everywhere, you just seem to know alot of them!!!

So anyway, g
1) the next time there's a seat sale, you'll have to look yourself.

2) While there is no doubt that I know whiney arsed people, I also know people who's main motivation in life isn't how cheaply they can do things.

Have a good one.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
1) the next time there's a seat sale, you'll have to look yourself.

2) While there is no doubt that I know whiney arsed people, I also know people who's main motivation in life isn't how cheaply they can do things.

Have a good one.
So your #1 reply is a non starter because there are NO flights in the USA that compare with European flight costs, because the taxes that are attached to the flights are more than a Ryanair/Easyjet ticket!!
Your #2 answer makes you sound silly, & you didn't even have the maturity to answer my question about you living in Chester, so l'm afraid you have just turned yourself into a Troll as far as l'm concerned..............

PS, you have a good day too!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
So your #1 reply is a non starter because there are NO flights in the USA that compare with European flight costs, because the taxes that are attached to the flights are more than a Ryanair/Easyjet ticket!!
Your #2 answer makes you sound silly, & you didn't even have the maturity to answer my question about you living in Chester, so l'm afraid you have just turned yourself into a Troll as far as l'm concerned..............

PS, you have a good day too!
Ya know, with the rest of your post being full of extraneous punctuation I missed the question about Chester.
I was working in the kitchen at Carden Park, playing golf, touring around the country, went to London a couple times, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool, etc...

Last edited by Cheftyler; 04-19-2016 at 08:37 AM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I could care less about flying, but what I really want to know is why we pay so much more for cell phone and internet service here in the States.

My Versys Travels:

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 12:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I could care less about flying, but what I really want to know is why we pay so much more for cell phone and internet service here in the States.
I can answer the Internet question for you: it's due to telecom monopolies that were established long ago. As for why they haven't been abolished, you can thank lobbyists and spineless politicians for that.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I believe that you'll find that the HIGHEST cell-phone rates in the world are just N of you in Canada...! (YOUR prices look like CHEAP to us...!)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode