Crazy ride this AM - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Crazy ride this AM

First it was the woman who decided to stop eventhough we had a turn signal

then it was a driver putting on makeup and drinking coffee and talking on the cell going 45mps - 65mph - 45mph

then it was the guy in front of me (very angry) who kept on putting his hand over the mirror (like I was blinding him with high beams) - so I showed him the high beams...he still was not a happy camper

then it was the SUV who decided that the person in front of him was not a good driver and they traded middle finger salutes and shouting matches.

This is all within a 10 mile commute. Freakin crazy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
All this and more is common on daily life in this mad people world. I do about 10K Kilometre of work travel/drive in a month and have seen it all.
Take care and keep an open eye.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM

I'm not sure which way you commute in but I take the toll road every day from Rt. 28 into Tyson's Corner. There was a 7-8 mile backup for an overturned vehicle at wolftrap. Also, a mile back from that a Loudon County full size transit bus decided to try to cross the construction median into the airport access road and got the bus stuck on each section of road, half suspended over the dirt ravine...brilliant. Luckily I was on the access road, it only backed up for a mile or so. Ahhh Washington D.C., gotta love it, lol.

Mike
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Selfish mad buggers...wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for the lot!
Everyone seems to be under the impression that the entire universe revolves around them!!!!!

Road test in a medium duty truck with a 26 foot box on it....or mandatory scooter/ motorcycle ownership (150cc or less) for teen years would straighten up everyone...eliminate teen texting (more or less) and reduce traffic congestion.
(those in northern climes can take the bus or walk when the snow falls...stop your whining and grow a pair!!!!!!)
Just stirring the pot............after all...we are talking about piloting the most deadliest weapons known to man!!!!!!

OK....I'll shut up now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
I saw a guy on a motorcycle TEXTING yesterday. I nearly chased him down.

This was after nearly getting rear ended making a right turn as the Maxima behind me decided that rounding a corner at 5 feet off my bumper (in NO traffic) was a good idea. A work-mate heard the screeching of the brakes when this guy came to his sense and avoided launching me into the air.

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffamazon View Post
I saw a guy on a motorcycle TEXTING yesterday. I nearly chased him down.
I have seen this, too. I just about freaked! But in my case, it was a student on a scooter. Jammin' down the road, face buried in her phone.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiVA76 View Post
I'm not sure which way you commute in but I take the toll road every day from Rt. 28 into Tyson's Corner. There was a 7-8 mile backup for an overturned vehicle at wolftrap. Also, a mile back from that a Loudon County full size transit bus decided to try to cross the construction median into the airport access road and got the bus stuck on each section of road, half suspended over the dirt ravine...brilliant. Luckily I was on the access road, it only backed up for a mile or so. Ahhh Washington D.C., gotta love it, lol.

Mike
I take Rt 7 into Tysons from Reston- work off of Jones Branch Rd. What color is your V? (Mine is blue)

Foo Fighter Rider
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa714 View Post
I take Rt 7 into Tysons from Reston- work off of Jones Branch Rd. What color is your V? (Mine is blue)
Red, usually arrive in Tyson's about 7:30 every day. I work at Mercedes of Tyson's. We must be on different schedules coming through and leaving, hard to miss a V around here, not many of us.

Mike
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 AM

This is exactly why I stopped commuting on the Versys. I don't even live in the big city and its crazy what you see in town. I also don't put the Garmin on the bike unless going into unfamiliar country; IMHO fiddling with it is nearly as distracting as texting. Smart phones are the worst, however! Nothing "smart" about having a wreck surfing the net!

My Album:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Sounds like a typical commute.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 PM

A "no cell phone in hand while driving law" was recently passed here in Oregon. I don't think anyone knows about it, or cares.

I live in a small town and the commute is crazy enough here. If I still lived in LA I wonder if I would still ride my bike to work. There is often no escape route on the LA streets. My hats off to all who ride in that type of congestion.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
I love my commute, which is mostly sleepy back roads. I followed a cop the other day and had a great ride, tempted to paint my V white and get matching white gear, just to fake people out.

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode