an Arizona 'burger...! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

14Likes
  • 4 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By Smiley
  • 3 Post By BLACK DOG
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 2 Post By my2wheels
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By 1stversys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
an Arizona 'burger...!

I've mentioned the SUPER burger (the "Duke") I get every-now-and-then at the San Tan Flat Steakhouse, a few miles S of where I live, and as I was there yesterday, I took a couple of pics.

FIRST - the menu...

and NOW "the Duke"...!

At a half-pound of meat PLUS all the other stuff... M-M-M GOOD!!!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Heart attack in a basket!
onewizard and binderline like this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Heart attack in a basket!
Sorry Eddie, l have to agree with him, & just to be a real sourbutt on this issue, heart attacks are the USA's biggest killer!!!
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
We're all gonna die, may as well die of something you like
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
Couldn't agree with ya more Dog.
I had me a burger greasier and meatier looking that this today for lunch. I'm 6'5 and 170lbs so I'm not too worried about it yet. I'm conscious about what I eat and I'm a very healthy 24 year old, but it doesn't hurt to splurge every once in awhile.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ironically, maybe not. Wouldn't you rather be alive to fully enjoy what it is you like doing? Counter intuitive, I know. But if I was stuck doing something that I really hated (I mean REALLY hated...maybe like being tortured or something), maybe death is, at that moment, preferable ? Just a thought.

Binderline
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yeah...I try to keep most bad habits to a minimum (1 beer, never smoked, regular exercise) so I can have an occasional dietary transgression.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 04:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
That was my attitude for a long time, I ate all manner of greasy crap. I am slim and never seemed affected by the food I ate. I was recently told that I have high cholesterol and am a candidate for the 'big one' (remember Redd Fox?).

I was prescribed some evil sh*t that I would need to take forever. When I researched it I found that it can be very nasty to the liver. I really like my beer and prefer to abuse my liver with beer. If I'm going to take a drug it had better be smoke-able and fun, not some evil concoction from Big Pharma that may or may not save me from the 'big one'.

Besides, I enjoy riding motorcycles a lot more than a greasy burger with cheese and fries. I choose to eat better, ride like fool when I can and have a cold beer and a toke when I get home. If that kills me, fine.

Like you said, 'may as well die of something you like'.
onewizard likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I've mentioned the SUPER burger (the "Duke") I get every-now-and-then at the San Tan Flat Steakhouse, a few miles S of where I live, and as I was there yesterday, I took a couple of pics.

FIRST - the menu...

and NOW "the Duke"...!

At a half-pound of meat PLUS all the other stuff... M-M-M GOOD!!!

I find it hard to believe that you were able to put that away in one go.

Dam **had another close look at that, mouth started to water, almost like the lab / husky I walk, drool would be forming puddles on the floor in 10 seconds.

Last edited by onewizard; 02-16-2016 at 06:44 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 10:14 AM

My cholesterol levels were low but this flukie cardiologist seemed to think I needed statins, bout killed me,
I felt like a flat pancake meat like substance laying in the middle of the road.
Gotta have a splurge every now and again, mine are the pork carnitas from a place in kansas city kansas called san antonio's.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 10:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie Motard View Post
Gotta have a splurge every now and again, mine are the pork carnitas from a place in kansas city kansas called san antonio's.
My fave is a huge pizza with bacon and extra cheese. I make a pig of myself, but it can't be helped: I'm the only one eating it so I have to do it justice. Besides, if I don't finish it today that means I'll be eating it again tomorrow, and in my twisted logic it is healthier to just eat it one day, not two.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Banned

A person eats what he/she wants to, & l'm the 1st to agree that a guy has to have his "treats" in life, but eating fatburgers'n'fries everyday is downright unhealthy, but if you gotta die of something prematurely, & you aren't interested in leading a long & healthy life that enables you to ride your motorcycles till you're 100, then eat WTF you feel like!!

onewizard and binderline like this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I find it hard to believe that you were able to put that away in one go.

Dam **had another close look at that, mouth started to water, almost like the lab / husky I walk, drool would be forming puddles on the floor in 10 seconds.
I've been the "honcho" for a retired pilots luncheon there, once a month from Oct to Mar, for MANY years, and usually the gal behind the counter asks if I'm having the "Duke" before I have a chance to order...!

I can't even GUESS how many I've had over the years...!

As I mentioned - M-M-M GOOD!

- -
onewizard likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've been the "honcho" for a retired pilots luncheon there, once a month from Oct to Mar, for MANY years, and usually the gal behind the counter asks if I'm having the "Duke" before I have a chance to order...!

I can't even GUESS how many I've had over the years...!

As I mentioned - M-M-M GOOD!

- -
I am thinking, burger with fried mushrooms, warm sunny days, 2015 650 ABS---getting a bit of cabin fever---lots to do to make room for the faster Green one!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am thinking, burger with fried mushrooms, warm sunny days, 2015 650 ABS---getting a bit of cabin fever---lots to do to make room for the faster Green one!
Glen - just push everything BUT the '15 into your back yard, then start a bonfire...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Glen - just push everything BUT the '15 into your back yard, then start a bonfire...!

Hmm, he might want to sell the '07, rather than burn it.

I'd start by getting rid of everything that is not motorcycle or tool related. Might not make the family happy, but the garage is our domain. Provides a great excuse to lose paint, brushes and other time wasting devices favoured by women.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Hey I ran into a neighbor that knows you, I was talking about your crash and where it happened, first thing he asked was " was he a retired pilot' ?? man my eyes lit up, because his wife is a electrician and he is a masonry contractor--it is a small world BTW I told him my 2015 purchase is all your fault !!!
Damn good thing the wife doesn't check what I post on this forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Hmm, he might want to sell the '07, rather than burn it.

I'd start by getting rid of everything that is not motorcycle or tool related. Might not make the family happy, but the garage is our domain. Provides a great excuse to lose paint, brushes and other time wasting devices favoured by women.
07 may already have a new home, and right now I should be out there*** getting rid of S**T --And thanks for the encouragement!!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 02:48 PM

Garage
Not to pollute your burger thread with off topic discussion, but I was jealous of your burger that day. So now be jealous of what I made for lunch today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5114.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	81345  
onewizard likes this.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey I ran into a neighbor that knows you, I was talking about your crash and where it happened, first thing he asked was " was he a retired pilot' ?? man my eyes lit up, because his wife is a electrician and he is a masonry contractor--it is a small world BTW I told him my 2015 purchase is all your fault !!!
Damn good thing the wife doesn't check what I post on this forum...
Glen - PM me his name if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stversys View Post
Not to pollute your burger thread with off topic discussion, but I was jealous of your burger that day. So now be jealous of what I made for lunch today.
Oh ya...?

I just ate some RARE elk steak for lunch...!

- -

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode