How's Your Winter Going - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
How's Your Winter Going

Was around 90 degrees today....

Seal Beach Queen Mary 007 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
grrrrrrrrrrr -40°C felt over the weekend, tomorrow freezing rain... rain, snow......
almost like your photo.....

Versys 2015 Green
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
90 is too warm, unless you sit in the shade and enjoy the scenery.

60s into the 70s is perfect riding weather.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My brothers up in Minnesota it was 21below the other night his next stop is N.Dakota.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Was around 90 degrees today....

Seal Beach Queen Mary 007 by weljo2001, on Flickr
90? Just a few shy of a record: Daily Temperature High-Low Records

There's still time yet...
weljo2001 likes this.

Binderline
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
90? Just a few shy of a record: Daily Temperature High-Low Records

There's still time yet...

Well it got up to 91 at the house today. Tomorrow suppose to be warmer. Then Thursday it looks like back in the 60's or 70's......https://weather.yahoo.com

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
90's is hell for sure... We're enjoying a fantastic El Nino winter.
AlaskaJeff likes this.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 01:29 AM

Garage
Winter? What's winter?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
-28C to -32C on the thermometer, before any calculations for exaggerated wind chill, on Saturday. The kind of cold that burns exposed skin after 1 minute. Temperature gauge of car, which is normally centered at operating temperature, never moved from cold after an hour of driving. Heater and rear window defroster could not get warm enough to keep frost from forming on inside of windows. 40cm of snow today but a lot warmer at -10C.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-16-2016 at 08:06 AM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 AM

the pic is too small, zoom in so I can tell how warm it is.

j/k
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Well it got up to 91 at the house today. Tomorrow suppose to be warmer. Then Thursday it looks like back in the 60's or 70's..
It looks like your weather is coming over here because Thu/Fri/Sat are supposed to get into the 70's .....so the 'bike is already prepped & ready to go.......BTW, it's in the 40's right now.

PS, Joe, just how much time do you spend "perving" at the bikini clad girls when you aren't cussing other motorists or eating at Fatburgerking?

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
PS, Joe, just how much time do you spend "perving" at the bikini clad girls when you aren't cussing other motorists or eating at Fatburgerking?

onewizard likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I think it was a record here yesterday, TOO - 88F!

(This is the 'home' of the Duke...!)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:33 AM

Snow and ice yesterday, rain and 60 today. Just can't seem to get a ride in. December had temps way above normal, but literally rained every day. January was snowy and had lots of salt on the roads. Same for February so far. We'll see how the rest of the month goes. After all this rain washing away the salt today, I think I am going to get a ride in this week.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:38 AM

Garage
mid sixties in Denver this week. Wanted to ride today but I've got a nagging sinus infection, which has stripped all desire to suit up and ride... Maybe tomorrow!

'09 Versys
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmason View Post
mid sixties in Denver this week. Wanted to ride today but I've got a nagging sinus infection, which has stripped all desire to suit up and ride... Maybe tomorrow!
Is a "nagging sinus" as bad as a nagging wife.......well l suppose they have the opposite effects, because one makes you housebound & the other makes you leave the house!!!!

PS, "tomorrow" never comes!!!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 PM

I just got home from a 12 hour night of salting the ice covered roads.

STUPID IS THE NEW NORMAL
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It looks like your weather is coming over here because Thu/Fri/Sat are supposed to get into the 70's .....so the 'bike is already prepped & ready to go.......BTW, it's in the 40's right now.

7 days a week all day if i feel like it. When a cute woman or a juicy burger no longer intrest me. Its time to pull out the pistol and just end it....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Winter? What's winter?
+1
Forecast 90+ F here tomorrow. Oh, well, guess I just have to ride earlier in the day.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 03:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Is a "nagging sinus" as bad as a nagging wife.......well l suppose they have the opposite effects, because one makes you housebound & the other makes you leave the house!!!!

PS, "tomorrow" never comes!!!
A nagging wife you can at least tune out, leave the room, leave the house. The nagging sinus comes with you wherever you go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode