well 22 year goal finally reached - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
well 22 year goal finally reached

well i finally saved up enough and signed up for the endorsement class after 22 years of riding without one in the US.... feb 26-28th will be my last times riding rebel;
this will finally burn away my biggest excuse for not going on my leisure rides and longer journeys ive been needing to make (surprise visit family)
wish me luck
after this i just gotta save up for an engine cage and more importantly a valve job

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

Last edited by silviefox; 02-08-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congrats!
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKneeDropper View Post
Congrats!
thanks tho havn't done the class YET

yes im a guy.

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
drink lots of coffee or Redbull for the classes...I stayed awake by highlighting stuff in the book...riding around on the "range" with complete newbies is actually kind of harder than you'd think..but it was also kind of fun...remember to turn your head in the corners...they flunk people who don't and they have to pay the 25 buck fee and take a retest (I've only heard about this.....)...which site did you pick for your classes?
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
drink lots of coffee or Redbull for the classes...I stayed awake by highlighting stuff in the book...riding around on the "range" with complete newbies is actually kind of harder than you'd think..but it was also kind of fun...remember to turn your head in the corners...they flunk people who don't and they have to pay the 25 buck fee and take a retest (I've only heard about this.....)...which site did you pick for your classes?
ya i put my husband thru the class a few years back (right when they started forcing ppl to go to it) but also ive always been a person to look into turns and do 9 billion shoulder checks (broad shoulders fill up mirrors).. thank you for the heads up and im doing the one at Portland collage. and ya i remember the videos from when i did part of the class in Washington..

yes im a guy.

post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 01:32 AM

Garage
Good luck
OKJohn likes this.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 05:18 AM

the #1 reason for flunking is failure to follow instructions. if you aren't sure about something just ask.
2 people flunked out of my last BRC, nobody flunked out of the last ARC

was raining for both of my last 2 classes so they were a little more lenient on the quick stop and swerve portions.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
well i finally saved up enough and signed up for the endorsement class after 22 years of riding without one in the US.... feb 26-28th will be my last times riding rebel;
this will finally burn away my biggest excuse for not going on my leisure rides and longer journeys ive been needing to make (surprise visit family)
wish me luck
after this i just gotta save up for an engine cage and more importantly a valve job
Your post reminded me of this:

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks: Superbike-Coach Cornering School 1 - Motorcycle USA
onewizard likes this.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
nice article, as a former fiero owner I can even relate to the author
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 AM

Here there is no class required, only to pass a test.. However if you take a Safety course you supposedly get a break on your insurance.
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Here there is no class required, only to pass a test.. However if you take a Safety course you supposedly get a break on your insurance.
they make you take it here now, (dmv doesnt test you anymore) im personally all for it , it makes it harder for squids to kill them selfs
onewizard and kohburn like this.

yes im a guy.

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:01 AM

The MSF class I took seemed pretty hard to fail; so long as you don't drop the bike during the exam (One guy did and this guy failed) To his defense we were on fresh blacktop and it had just started raining when the exam started... As kohburn mentioned this made the swerving and quick stop portions a bit more tense.

I found it funny that several people in the class (like you) had been riding most their lives without a license, they finally got busted and were instructed by the court to take the class.

All that said, the class is about motorcycles, so it's not that boring. (of course my instructors were cool,. maybe that helps)

Anyway, Good luck and have fun

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
wish me luck
I don't know about the valve job, I have seen a few of your video's, you don't look like you need a valve job but I could be wrong
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage

post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy View Post
The MSF class I took seemed pretty hard to fail; so long as you don't drop the bike during the exam (One guy did and this guy failed) To his defense we were on fresh blacktop and it had just started raining when the exam started... As kohburn mentioned this made the swerving and quick stop portions a bit more tense.

I found it funny that several people in the class (like you) had been riding most their lives without a license, they finally got busted and were instructed by the court to take the class.

All that said, the class is about motorcycles, so it's not that boring. (of course my instructors were cool,. maybe that helps)

Anyway, Good luck and have fun
one of the chicks in my husbands class dropped the bike and STILL PASSED o.o so ya not mega worried about failing. more of wondering how much work ill need to do on the loaner bike lol
and ya its been a goal to get my endorsement in the US but every time classes license and money just never lined up (being disabled, unemployed and no income makes doing about anything kinda hard)

yes im a guy.

post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:30 AM

Garage
How much do they charge for the course?
When I got my license 11 yrs ago, it cost like $20 to get my permit, then I could schedule a road test for no charge. I went and took the MSF Class for $3XX instead to get out of the road test and learn more info.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
one of the chicks in my husbands class dropped the bike and STILL PASSED o.o so ya not mega worried about failing. more of wondering how much work ill need to do on the loaner bike lol
and ya its been a goal to get my endorsement in the US but every time classes license and money just never lined up (being disabled, unemployed and no income makes doing about anything kinda hard)
Really she crashed during the test and still passed..?
Also loaner?, the class doesn't provide the bikes?

and Yea I also paid around $300 for the MSF.

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I don't know about the valve job, I have seen a few of your video's, you don't look like you need a valve job but I could be wrong
bike has 37K miles on it and i dont know when it was done if ever (i got the bike used with around 34k on it. so its one of those i want to get it done so i know its done and dont have to worry about it, sylvester is a bike im going to keep and i want it to last

yes im a guy.

post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
How much do they charge for the course?
When I got my license 11 yrs ago, it cost like $20 to get my permit, then I could schedule a road test for no charge. I went and took the MSF Class for $3XX instead to get out of the road test and learn more info.
$200 and it includes the test after that you just have to pay for a new license with a M on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy View Post
Really she crashed during the test and still passed..?
Also loaner?, the class doesn't provide the bikes?

and Yea I also paid around $300 for the MSF.
ya she was just waiting in line and just dropped it (i think she somehow kicked it into gear)
she want taking the test when it happen but was in line to
GiantAntCowboy likes this.

yes im a guy.

post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 12:20 PM

being military I'm required to take the course every 3 years or risk being denied health/life insurance coverage in the event of an accident. but hey, its free for me.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by kohburn; 02-09-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode