Face Book Biker Down Alerts - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

6Likes
  • 1 Post By saddlebag
  • 1 Post By 1stversys
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Face Book Biker Down Alerts

I know they have it for SoCal probably in your area too. But the last month or so have been seeing way to many motorcycle accidents.....https://www.facebook.com/BikerDownAlerts/?fref=ts

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I know they have it for SoCal probably in your area too. But the last month or so have been seeing way to many motorcycle accidents.....https://www.facebook.com/BikerDownAlerts/?fref=ts
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.

Until then, enjoy a healthy Hardee's breakfast.

Banned Carl's Jr Superbowl Commercial - Big Sausage Breakfast
Stud Muffin likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.

Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....
Hardee's used to have a jalapeno burger I liked, but apparently I was alone as it got axed from the menu.

I imagine with the minimum wages rising, eating out is going to get considerably more expensive, especially for the economical establishments.

I like beer, so I tend to eat at bars and they're always more expensive. $19 for a large pizza night before last...before the beer tab.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
eating out is only expensive if you take her out to a dinner and movie first...

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Actually, safety is why they allow lane splitting. Bikes would get run up from behind by multitaskers that only notice vehicles bigger than themselves. With all the bikers getting crippled and killed, insurance companies were about to go belly up for the cars. To compound that, on a sunny day, motorcycles can add up to 20% congestion on an already maxed out interstate system.

The car drivers are really good here and it is surprisingly safer than anywhere else I've ridden motorcycles: hands down. That's one biker out of a million here. Motorcycle safety is the very best thing about California. It takes a while to get used to it, but just keep your bike maintained, and it's a blast if you concentrate every second you are on the road. Of course heavy Harley Davidsons, bulky 'bricks', and stooped over crotch rockets are not as safe: learn or burn! I will dread the day I leave CA mainly because of the motorcycle safety number one.

Last edited by kawdog; 02-04-2016 at 01:52 AM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Actually, safety is why they allow lane splitting. Bikes would get run up from behind by multitaskers that only notice vehicles bigger than themselves. With all the bikers getting crippled and killed, insurance companies were about to go belly up for the cars. To compound that, on a sunny day, motorcycles can add up to 20% congestion on an already maxed out interstate system.

The car drivers are really good here and it is surprisingly safer than anywhere else I've ridden motorcycles: hands down. That's one biker out of a million here. Motorcycle safety is the very best thing about California. It takes a while to get used to it, but just keep your bike maintained, and it's a blast if you concentrate every second you are on the road. Of course heavy Harley Davidsons, bulky 'bricks', and stooped over crotch rockets are not as safe: learn or burn! I will dread the day I leave CA mainly because of the motorcycle safety number one.
I don't see anything wrong with splitting while slowly passing cars while they are near stationary, though even that has risks with people opening their doors to spit or just to close them tightly. At least hitting them isn't likely to result in death at 5 or 10 mph.

However, I see a lot of videos where the riders get cocky and start passing moving cars like that and carrying a lot more speed. It's a recipe for disaster. People get a false sense of confidence because they saw or actually got a way with it a few times. Sooner or later, the law of probability will have it's way with them.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hardee's used to have a jalapeno burger I liked, but apparently I was alone as it got axed from the menu.

I imagine with the minimum wages rising, eating out is going to get considerably more expensive, especially for the economical establishments.

I like beer, so I tend to eat at bars and they're always more expensive. $19 for a large pizza night before last...before the beer tab.
You talking about the El Diablo? I'm so sad they cut that from the menu..

I see the pros and cons of lane splitting. I agree with kawdog it is beneficial 99% of the time. People get a false sense of security though and start doing it at improper times and it ends in...death
kohburn likes this.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just had to reach for the Kleenex!!!!!

Hey!!!!!....My ketchup dribbled off my sausage!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Just S of Mesa in San Tan Valley there's a place called 'the San Tan Flat Steakhouse' that has a burger they named "the Duke". Costs $12.99, and has an 8 oz patty, two kinds of cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and fries.

San Tan Flat

May NOT be healthy... but boy is it ever GOOD...!

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Just S of Mesa in San Tan Valley there's a place called 'the San Tan Flat Steakhouse' that has a burger they named "the Duke". Costs $12.99, and has an 8 oz patty, two kinds of cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and fries.

San Tan Flat

May NOT be healthy... but boy is it ever GOOD...!

-

I don't care about the cost as long as its "Good" I've ran across a couple of good burger joints out here but nothing within a 3 hour ride each way. It just seems the meat these days just doesn't taste like beef. But maybe i'm just old and my taste buds have given up..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Maybe It's just me, but I can't imagine why that commercial was banned. Maybe blood pressure spiking dimmed my vision.

It does offer a new outlook for Carl's though, doesn't it?.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 02-04-2016 at 03:39 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
I don't care about the cost as long as its "Good" I've ran across a couple of good burger joints out here but nothing within a 3 hour ride each way. It just seems the meat these days just doesn't taste like beef. But maybe i'm just old and my taste buds have given up..
My Father's Office in Santa Monica.
weljo2001 likes this.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
My Father's Office in Santa Monica.

Might have to check that out. It would be tough though, One of my favorite places to eat breakfast is past there up PCH to Waypoint Cafe at the Camarillo Airport

French Toast, Sausage, Soft Scrambled Eggs.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

A Little Biscuits & Gravy on the side...

and Airplanes....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-04-2016 at 04:13 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Might have to check that out. It would be tough though, One of my favorite places to eat breakfast is past there up PCH to Waypoint Cafe at the Camarillo Airport

French Toast, Sausage, Soft Scrambled Eggs.....

A Little Biscuits & Gravy on the side...

and Airplanes....

I have no idea how you don't fall asleep after a meal like that!

weljo2001 likes this.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
I have no idea how you don't fall asleep after a meal like that!

I skip the hash browns..
kohburn likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
I skip the hash browns..

weljo2001 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode