Face Book Biker Down Alerts - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

 6Likes
  • 1 Post By saddlebag
  • 1 Post By 1stversys
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,511
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Face Book Biker Down Alerts

I know they have it for SoCal probably in your area too. But the last month or so have been seeing way to many motorcycle accidents.....https://www.facebook.com/BikerDownAlerts/?fref=ts

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I know they have it for SoCal probably in your area too. But the last month or so have been seeing way to many motorcycle accidents.....https://www.facebook.com/BikerDownAlerts/?fref=ts
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.

Until then, enjoy a healthy Hardee's breakfast.

Banned Carl's Jr Superbowl Commercial - Big Sausage Breakfast
Stud Muffin likes this.
saddlebag is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,511
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.

Until then, enjoy a healthy Hardee's breakfast.

Banned Carl's Jr Superbowl Commercial - Big Sausage Breakfast

Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....
Hardee's used to have a jalapeno burger I liked, but apparently I was alone as it got axed from the menu.

I imagine with the minimum wages rising, eating out is going to get considerably more expensive, especially for the economical establishments.

I like beer, so I tend to eat at bars and they're always more expensive. $19 for a large pizza night before last...before the beer tab.
saddlebag is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Member
 
chadams66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Garden Home, Oregon
Posts: 1,144
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
eating out is only expensive if you take her out to a dinner and movie first...

chadams66 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 01:46 AM
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.
Actually, safety is why they allow lane splitting. Bikes would get run up from behind by multitaskers that only notice vehicles bigger than themselves. With all the bikers getting crippled and killed, insurance companies were about to go belly up for the cars. To compound that, on a sunny day, motorcycles can add up to 20% congestion on an already maxed out interstate system.

The car drivers are really good here and it is surprisingly safer than anywhere else I've ridden motorcycles: hands down. That's one biker out of a million here. Motorcycle safety is the very best thing about California. It takes a while to get used to it, but just keep your bike maintained, and it's a blast if you concentrate every second you are on the road. Of course heavy Harley Davidsons, bulky 'bricks', and stooped over crotch rockets are not as safe: learn or burn! I will dread the day I leave CA mainly because of the motorcycle safety number one.

Last edited by kawdog; 02-04-2016 at 01:52 AM.
kawdog is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Actually, safety is why they allow lane splitting. Bikes would get run up from behind by multitaskers that only notice vehicles bigger than themselves. With all the bikers getting crippled and killed, insurance companies were about to go belly up for the cars. To compound that, on a sunny day, motorcycles can add up to 20% congestion on an already maxed out interstate system.

The car drivers are really good here and it is surprisingly safer than anywhere else I've ridden motorcycles: hands down. That's one biker out of a million here. Motorcycle safety is the very best thing about California. It takes a while to get used to it, but just keep your bike maintained, and it's a blast if you concentrate every second you are on the road. Of course heavy Harley Davidsons, bulky 'bricks', and stooped over crotch rockets are not as safe: learn or burn! I will dread the day I leave CA mainly because of the motorcycle safety number one.
I don't see anything wrong with splitting while slowly passing cars while they are near stationary, though even that has risks with people opening their doors to spit or just to close them tightly. At least hitting them isn't likely to result in death at 5 or 10 mph.

However, I see a lot of videos where the riders get cocky and start passing moving cars like that and carrying a lot more speed. It's a recipe for disaster. People get a false sense of confidence because they saw or actually got a way with it a few times. Sooner or later, the law of probability will have it's way with them.
saddlebag is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Member
 
1stversys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern IL
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Hardee's used to have a jalapeno burger I liked, but apparently I was alone as it got axed from the menu.

I imagine with the minimum wages rising, eating out is going to get considerably more expensive, especially for the economical establishments.

I like beer, so I tend to eat at bars and they're always more expensive. $19 for a large pizza night before last...before the beer tab.
You talking about the El Diablo? I'm so sad they cut that from the menu..

I see the pros and cons of lane splitting. I agree with kawdog it is beneficial 99% of the time. People get a false sense of security though and start doing it at improper times and it ends in...death
kohburn likes this.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
1stversys is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NW Arkansas/SW Missouri
Posts: 1,048
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just had to reach for the Kleenex!!!!!

Hey!!!!!....My ketchup dribbled off my sausage!
my2wheels is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 17,351
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....
Just S of Mesa in San Tan Valley there's a place called 'the San Tan Flat Steakhouse' that has a burger they named "the Duke". Costs $12.99, and has an 8 oz patty, two kinds of cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and fries.

San Tan Flat

May NOT be healthy... but boy is it ever GOOD...!

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,511
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Just S of Mesa in San Tan Valley there's a place called 'the San Tan Flat Steakhouse' that has a burger they named "the Duke". Costs $12.99, and has an 8 oz patty, two kinds of cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and fries.

San Tan Flat

May NOT be healthy... but boy is it ever GOOD...!

-

I don't care about the cost as long as its "Good" I've ran across a couple of good burger joints out here but nothing within a 3 hour ride each way. It just seems the meat these days just doesn't taste like beef. But maybe i'm just old and my taste buds have given up..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Arion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Posts: 3,280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.

Until then, enjoy a healthy Hardee's breakfast.

Banned Carl's Jr Superbowl Commercial - Big Sausage Breakfast
Maybe It's just me, but I can't imagine why that commercial was banned. Maybe blood pressure spiking dimmed my vision.

It does offer a new outlook for Carl's though, doesn't it?.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 02-04-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Arion is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Member
 
Cheftyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I don't care about the cost as long as its "Good" I've ran across a couple of good burger joints out here but nothing within a 3 hour ride each way. It just seems the meat these days just doesn't taste like beef. But maybe i'm just old and my taste buds have given up..
My Father's Office in Santa Monica.
weljo2001 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cheftyler is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,511
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
My Father's Office in Santa Monica.


Might have to check that out. It would be tough though, One of my favorite places to eat breakfast is past there up PCH to Waypoint Cafe at the Camarillo Airport



French Toast, Sausage, Soft Scrambled Eggs.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr


A Little Biscuits & Gravy on the side...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr


and Airplanes....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-04-2016 at 04:13 PM.
weljo2001 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Member
 
Cheftyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Might have to check that out. It would be tough though, One of my favorite places to eat breakfast is past there up PCH to Waypoint Cafe at the Camarillo Airport



French Toast, Sausage, Soft Scrambled Eggs.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr


A Little Biscuits & Gravy on the side...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr


and Airplanes....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr
I have no idea how you don't fall asleep after a meal like that!

weljo2001 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cheftyler is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,511
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
I have no idea how you don't fall asleep after a meal like that!



I skip the hash browns..
kohburn likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Member
 
Cheftyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I skip the hash browns..

weljo2001 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cheftyler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome