Hello from Ocala, FL - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Ocala, FL

Hi guys (and gals). I am a 49 year old proud owner of a brand new '15 Versys 1000 (sunburst orange) which I've added to my '15 KLR-650 (black).

The Versys is my second bike (total noob with less than 2k miles) and learning something new every day. I'm kicking myself for not riding all these years because I've found that I picked up on it right away and I'm loving it! Better late than never, right?

With money burning a hole I've gone a little overboard on extra goodies for someone with so little miles and someone who doesn't have the luxury of frequent long tours. In fact, due to my job, I'm only home 3-days a month (which is why I have so few miles).

I had to have the LED light bar (even though I don't get to ride at night) a Two Brothers S1-R slip-on exhaust and Corbin seat along with the top case (despite not going on long trips), frame sliders, DC power outlet (no GPS) and a bike cover.

I love the Corbin. With the stock seat, I had to stop every hour due to tailbone pain and I was constantly sliding forward. The only good thing about it was the height (I'm 6'3).

The Corbin sits a little lower but due to the construction of the side bolsters I'm not completely flat-footed at traffic lights as I was with stock (I did not go to Corbin to have the seat custom made. I simply ordered it on line). Not a biggie, I don't slide forward anymore and no more tailbone pain. Score!

The Two Brothers S1-R is not nearly as loud or as aggressive on the '15 Versys 1000 as it is on other bikes I've heard. It has more of a sophisticated tone (much better than stock). Considering the bike, its looks and purpose that tone is perfect. Kudos TB!

My only complaint about the Versys 1000 is the KQR 47-liter top case from Kawi. Great unit. Does more than I could have expected. But, while it does have what looks to be locations to install LED light strips I have been unable to find kits for it or anyone on youtube talking about it.
I don't need them but for added safety I kind of like the option for added braking and turn signal indicators. If they're there why aren't there lights available for it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151011_130226198.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	77417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard001.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	77425  

Last edited by Ocalaversys1000; 12-23-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah...

I'm the only one that I know of in my area with a Versys. Have never seen one least of all a sunburst orange one. Ride Now Powersports in Ocala told me mine was the first they've sold. Cool! I may start something! Come on y'all, get one! It's a Ninja 1000 with touring comfort. You'll love it!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
If you still have money to burn...Heres a couple of goodies....Quick Shifter and gear indicator.....

I put the Admore Lights in my E-55 Topcase...But i also put an Admore Light Bar at the license plate holder on my bikes. If i had to choose just one i would go with the light bar....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 07:22 PM

Garage
BTW.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:31 AM

Garage
G'day, had a test ride on the 2015 V1K did over 700 km on it and loved it. I also owned a 2012 650 for almost 3 years and 45,000 km, it was a great bike. For me the seat on the 1K was awesome but everyone is different.
Enjoy your V
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=weljo2001;1033233]If you still have money to burn...Heres a couple of goodies....Quick Shifter and gear indicator.....

I do already have the gear indicator. A few bikers have chuckled at me for getting it because you're supposed to know where you are. Note that I said bikers and not riders... Whatever.. I like it. That's all that matters.

I've also looked at different vids regarding the quick shifter. Pretty cool. I'm not into the 0-160 mph in the blink of an eye tho. If I was I would have gone with the ZX 10-R rather than a de-tuned version
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
G'day, had a test ride on the 2015 V1K did over 700 km on it and loved it. I also owned a 2012 650 for almost 3 years and 45,000 km, it was a great bike. For me the seat on the 1K was awesome but everyone is different.
Enjoy your V
700 km with a test ride? Wow! My test ride was 3 miles and I had to follow a Kawi employee (who was on a Harley btw). He tried to leave me when he made an illegal turn onto a two-lane highway about a mile from the dealership and took right off. But after letting a car go I caught and passed that Harley with plenty of time to spare
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 07:02 AM

Garage
Yep 730 km all up, here is a few pics

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 08:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Yep 730 km all up, here is a few pics

]
What is the red bike to the right of the V in this? Look at the nostrils on that bull..

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 10:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stversys View Post
What is the red bike to the right of the V in this? Look at the nostrils on that bull..

Thats a Ducati Multi-Strada

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 11:04 AM

Hello and welcome.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:57 PM

Looks awesome! Really like the luggage too.
-Gainesville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 07:06 PM

Welcome, congrats on the new Versys, I really like the orange color.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 08:31 AM

Welcome and congrats on the new V. Glad you found a comfortable seat, everyone is different and for some a daunting task.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Welcome aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode