2nd Post - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2nd Post

Well, I should be in after this one. I just picked up an 08 650 Versys yesterday and probably paid too much, but the guy was a newlywed so Maybe I just helped him out a bit. I've been riding for a few years (54) and this is my first Versys. I must say it is one of the few bikes that I will need a little extra time to get used to. Currently I am on my second Goldwing and pushing 200,000 miles between the two. It is a great bike but not too good on the dirt. I did a 12,000 mile ride this summer from AZ to AK and then every highway in AK end to end on a R1200GS. Personally I never cared for the GS that much so sold it when I got home. This Versys will probably take the place of a little scooter I have, but it will also be a bit of a trailer queen for some of the rally's I attend that seem to always have foul weather. I think I will have to look up FastEddie down here in AZ as it looks like he has his set up the way I think I want mine. I better get this posted so my 48 hours can get started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
WHERE in AZ, "big"?

Look for a PM....

again!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglefti View Post
Well, I should be in after this one. I just picked up an 08 650 Versys yesterday and probably paid too much, but the guy was a newlywed so Maybe I just helped him out a bit. I've been riding for a few years (54) and this is my first Versys. I must say it is one of the few bikes that I will need a little extra time to get used to. Currently I am on my second Goldwing and pushing 200,000 miles between the two. It is a great bike but not too good on the dirt. I did a 12,000 mile ride this summer from AZ to AK and then every highway in AK end to end on a R1200GS. Personally I never cared for the GS that much so sold it when I got home. This Versys will probably take the place of a little scooter I have, but it will also be a bit of a trailer queen for some of the rally's I attend that seem to always have foul weather. I think I will have to look up FastEddie down here in AZ as it looks like he has his set up the way I think I want mine. I better get this posted so my 48 hours can get started.
A great friend of mine owns nothing but Goldwings.. he has done several IB on one, and a few 24hr 1500 miler's on one. he also did a Key West to Purdue Bay Alaska including 430 miles of Dirt road all togther.. Gave me a new respect for the folks that can manhandle that beast around I tell ya!

The Versys is like a bicycle in comparison in terms of weight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode