hello from sunny portugal! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hello from sunny portugal!

Hello all,

Writing to you from Lisbon, Portugal. Although far away I found your forum a valuable help on all issues regarding the versys, been reading thoroughly all your posts.

On the last 25 years I havenīt had the chance to get hold of a new motorbike. Much has changed in between, I find most up to date bikes really easy to ride almost blindfolded lol back then most motorbikes were death traps, people say if you learn to ride on those youīre pretty much ready for everything. First real bike was a local built casal k276 (a death trap with a 125cc really fast going evil rotax engine) and second was a virago 1100 (a bigger and heavier death trap) although this one bought it second hand.

Fuel injection and proper rear or front suspension were a mirage, as well as compound tires or any other gimmicks. Fuel was cheap though lol

This year Iīve narrowed the search and layed the responsability of a new bike on the akashi house lol

So Iīm close to get one for myself. Am still a bit undecided either on the versys or the z750. I know, they are completely different beasts, and both suit me well, but itīs a close call as I can get hold of either one 2010 models at a 300€ difference (being of course the z750 the bit plus expensive) so being pricewise almost irrelevant.

But I am tending for the versys, I hope I donīt feel the power rush only probably the z750 could provide. Also know about all the improvements the V has been having, ,aybe wiser buying a V and if so next year the Z, which by then will surely get an uplift or upgrade (each 3 years?) since no change has occur since 07.

Versyswise I still couldnīt decide if I like the black better than the yellow. I find yellow too much "in your face thing", also the dirts are much more noticeable. Itīs a shame no orange one is produced, I find this color to be the best looking adjusted to the flow and design of the V looks. On the Z side I like all three colors, cause the bike looks awsome in any of them! either black, black/white or orange (again former being the happy/lighter one).

If I follow the black versys path will surely mount some dark golden wheel rings and golden radiator cover, and the silver frame color already looks good in it. If I follow the yellow versys path Iīm not sure which color whistle and bells I can resort to, as I feel none would seems right (yellow wheel rings? nah..) and the silver frame does not stand out, the yellow color steals all other details lolol

Also would like to ask: on the break in between 300-600 miles would it be recommended to travel with a pillow mate to bring out engine power, or no additional weight at all?

All and all what would you guys think of the V vs the Z, accounting to the close to same price tag?

On a sidenote, if I end up getting the yellow V and because you guys in the US dont get yellow, if the plastic bits are interchangeable (not sure of that) with an older model, I am willing to post exchange on priority mail for orange ones (only if mint, as these will be for sure!)

greetings

Nuno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome ninogui, I have a orange one and they go the fastest and it has been proved. I will conceed that the modern bikes are safer but a few people that have been out of riding for a number years suddenly buy a sports bike and underestamate the horsepower driving that rear wheel and find that have crashed it in the first week. The versys has great power but not enough to get you in serious problems like a Hayabusa.

All the best
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
Two totally different bikes, the Z750 is not even available in the states anymore. I will be curious which one you choose, both excellent bikes. The brake horsepower of those bikes compared to the new bikes of similar size are also totally different.

Welcome either way!

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
aboard.

Z750 or Versys, the speed/power is in your hands.

Use it wisely and you will enjoy the ride.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 PM

Welcome. I would echo the sentiments that I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I would try to find someplace to test drive both and see which suits you best.

s/f
Keith'
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Welcome ninogui, I have a orange one and they go the fastest and it has been proved. I will conceed that the modern bikes are safer but a few people that have been out of riding for a number years suddenly buy a sports bike and underestamate the horsepower driving that rear wheel and find that have crashed it in the first week. The versys has great power but not enough to get you in serious problems like a Hayabusa.

All the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffamazon View Post
Two totally different bikes, the Z750 is not even available in the states anymore. I will be curious which one you choose, both excellent bikes. The brake horsepower of those bikes compared to the new bikes of similar size are also totally different.

Welcome either way!
Well may thanks for the warm welcome!

Orange one goes the fastest? whatīs that a forum newbie joke welcome? lol
I would bet a bit more on a proper engine break in, using high octane (98 instead of 95, and yes on all vehicles I can feel difference on the long run), throwing power gimmicks in the bike, but surely not the plastics color lol far as I can go would be a batch of engines accidently tuned to a higher compression rate or fuel management, but thats it lol

Yes brakes are much better nowadays! of course we may tend to higher the stakes and thats not good.

You do not have the z750 2010? how can that be ? anyway just color scheme changed from 09, 98 or even 07, maybe thatīs why it is ridiculous cheap on par with versys. I even got a final proposal today for an all black 2010 z750 for €7300 euro licence plate expenses included (about 300 euro down here) which would be roughly 6000 usd.

again, maybe prefer the V based on the fact I like a bit more exclusive bikes, and there are not a lot of Vīs around. People here do prefer power above all, and talking about hayabusaīs, there are plenty around yes lol

I īll keep you guys posted!

greetings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode