Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Saratoga, NY

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  marc11 
#1 ·
I've been lurking for a few months, but after pulling the trigger on a new 09 Versys (Green) I figured I'd join. This site has been a great help in deciding to get the bike, figuring out what was a good price, etc... I'm a new cyclist at forty, so the advice has been appreciated. The V should be here this weekend--I'm like a nine year old waiting for Christmas!

As you might be able to tell from my username, I have the disease of being a NY Giants fan--it's hereditary(3rd generation). I teach high school English and ordered the bike and still seem to be happily married, so all is well.

I only know of two other green V's in my area, and one belongs to the salesman who sold me mine. I'm in northern Saratoga County, but I grew up downstate in Poughkeepsie.

I know this was a bit scattered but wanted to get a few things across. I'm looking forward to riding!

Mike

#3 ·
:welcome: from the bottom of the world and they say life begins at forty anyway. You will not be disapointed when you ride the Versys, its magic it my opinion, you will be get off the bike after a ride will the sillest grin that people will think your on drugs well thats what happens to me.:cheers:

#8 ·
Thank you guys.

Hawk and Hardware--I grew up with NYC stations as my "local" stations, so I always heard that I was upstate, I moved up here and I might as well be from the City as far as they are concerned--it's all perspective!

Hawk--I'm Arlington High School class of '88.

Kiwis--some of the nicest people I've ever met are Kiwis, so it's no surprise that you were among the first to welcome me.

NYGreenV--I will have the factory hardbags, but I got them with black inserts instead of the color-matched green, so I might be easy to spot.

Question--I've read the term att gatt several times and know it refers to safety gear, but what's the reference? Attention Getting for bright colors? I can't quite figure the reference out. Thanks in advance.

Mike

#10 ·
Hawk--I'm Arlington High School class of '88.
I graduated from there in 04'. In the time between our graduations the school changed just a tiny bit.

#9 ·
All The Gear All The Time

I might ride up to Skidmore on Sunday. I'm volunteering for the Saratoga Lion's Duathlon (5k-run / 20 mile bicycle / 5k-run). If the weather is good I might just bring my road bike and do the ride portion after the race is over. I can't run 5K ... yet!

#11 ·
NY Green--I'm not sure what the route is for the race, but it could be a great ride. I went for a couple nice 15-17 mile rides just north of there this week after work. Thank you for ATGAT--I figured it had to be an acronym I was missing.

Hawk--I went to visit the high school after they built the huge addition; I got lost twice and said screw it. I can't believe the size of it now. I still have family in Poughkeepsie, so the V may make it down there occasionally.

Mike

#13 ·
Finally arrived

The bike finally arrived Saturday; there was a long delay, but the dealership was good to work with and kept me up to date. Picked it up during a deluge on Saturday, so a very experienced friend rode it home for me. I've been riding around my neighborhood driving the neighbors crazy. I take the MSF course this weekend and will have my license on Monday.

Green Versys with black factory hardbags--I'll be cruising around northern Saratoga County and Washington and Warren Counties for a while.

NYG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.