Goooood Day From Alberta, Canada - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Goooood Day From Alberta, Canada

Hey everyone,

I've been on the forum for about a year and have done some posting "here and there", but realized that I failed to introduce myself. Bought a 2009 Metallic Moondust Grey Versys last year, been smitten ever since. Grew up with motorbikes, starting at age 5 and finally bought a road bike when I was 20, a 2002 Suzuki Savage (actually a great little bike to get some road experience on), which was subsequently replaced by the Versys.

A bit about myself: 22 years young; have a lot of respect for safety and hate it when people refer to the Versys as a "crotch-rocket" (are you kidding me? ); raised in rural Alberta; live in downtown Edmonton; work as an environmental consultant/GIS consultant; recent graduate of the U of A; miss doing oilfield work but love being home; want to travel across Canada sometime soon; want to work overseas sometime in the near future; love camping, hiking, fishing, hanging out with friends, and a good, cold beer; family is Polish, Ukrainian, and Scottish; have a ton of respect for the people on this forum and the knowledge they possess, it's one of a kind and I've never been on a forum with so many positive people.

A little bit more than hello, but I always find it nice to know a bit about people I am talking with.

All the best. Hope to ride with some of you soon!

"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 AM

Banack.

First bike was the Honda CB 350 (1972 model) at 17. A year later rode BMWs and KLRs till 2 years back. Got the 2008 V and just enjoy her since.

Enjoy the V and Good rides.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Banack, all the best from the other side of the planet

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hi Banack,

22 of age and you got a lot of respect for people, well thats is hard to come by in today world. God bless you my friend and to this little world of the V owners. Wish you all the best and :goodluck

Pm if you are interested in this of the universe.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

PM sent.

Thanks for the replies!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 05:05 PM

I'm near Saskatoon but most of our family is close to Red Deer. We (wife and 3 young kids) are heading back to Alberta in about 3 weeks for about 3 weeks. Depending if I get enough courage I have LASIK eye surgery planned for right before we leave. If i chicken out or delay it till we get back, I might ride the V out and meet up with the rest of the family. I'm pretty nervous about it but if I do it I assume ridding will be out for a while due to dry, irritated eyes.

Oh, also close in age. 26, have 3 kids, the oldest is 4. Busy house!! Also agree with safety, I wasn't going to ride anymore because of wife and kids but I just need to do my part to be safe and drive as if no one sees me and I should be ok.

Last edited by krbuc; 05-31-2010 at 05:14 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 05:23 PM
naz

hello banack.you speak the truth about this forum,the big majority is positive people with good vibes trying to help.i would refer to it as motorcycling maturity.i dont know if it has something to do with the bike or not though but to be a versys owner is an interesting path resembled very genuinely by this forum members...
goodnight from greece
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Up, up, and away at 6:30 p.m. tonight. First of many lessons. Up today @ 4:00 a.m..... off to do a breeding bird survey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode