Hi - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi

Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I am suppose to introduce myself here so begin the story of a little bit about me. I Bought my 2012 Versys in 2013 saw her on the show room floor at Lufkin Motor Sports and feel in love at first sight. When I got her home I christened her with a DnD sticker and named her Bee. I am an IT professional I have 2 kids, 3 if you let me count Bee. My father is my motorcycle teacher between my dad and this forum I have been able to do all of my own work and adjustments to Bee. Today I was doing an oil change using the step by step instructions that was listed in the forums and decided why not just make an account also so i can thank the gentleman who wrote that guide. It was amazingly helpful to know the torque for the oil filter and plug!

Well then I believe this is the point where like any enthusiast I must now post a picture of my baby:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0927.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	67529 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0922.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	67537

I added the rack last month to make it easier to carry my backpack back and forth to school.

Last edited by Carol; 07-02-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Adding another picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 02:13 PM

Garage
NICE! And welcome to the party!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I am suppose to introduce myself here so begin the story of a little bit about me. I Bought my 2012 Versys in 2013 saw her on the show room floor at Lufkin Motor Sports and feel in love at first sight. When I got her home I christened her with a DnD sticker and named her Bee. I am an IT professional I have 2 kids, 3 if you let me count Bee. My father is my motorcycle teacher between my dad and this forum I have been able to do all of my own work and adjustments to Bee. Today I was doing an oil change using the step by step instructions that was listed in the forums and decided why not just make an account also so i can thank the gentleman who wrote that guide. It was amazingly helpful to know the torque for the oil filter and plug!

Well then I believe this is the point where like any enthusiast I must now post a picture of my baby:

Attachment 67529 Attachment 67537

I added the rack last month to make it easier to carry my backpack back and forth to school.
Welcome. If you look at the stickied threads in the tech section of this forum, there is a thread called "all the manuals in one place". There you can download the full factory service manuals for either a 2007-09 bike or a 2010-14 bike in PDF format. The version two manual link is several pages in, while the link for the version one manual is on the first page.

SW-Motech crash bars are really nice option IMO for this bike and should be standard equipment as they will pay for themselves the first time you tip it on it's side.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-02-2015 at 02:26 PM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Welcome. If you look at the stickied threads in the tech section of this forum, there is a thread called "all the manuals in one place". There you can download the full factory service manuals for either a 2007-09 bike or a 2010-14 bike in PDF format. The version two manual link is several pages in, while the link for the version one manual is on the first page.

SW-Motech crash bars are really nice option for this bike and should be standard equipment as they will pay for themselves the first time you tip it on it's side.
I have already tipped her twice but no damage luckily, it was slow speed stuff. However, crash bars are on my list of things to mod so thank you for the suggestion I was not sure where to begin looking! Also thanks for the manual links that is epic!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 03:01 PM

I think anyone who is truthful to themselves and others would have to admit you have the best model, year, and color of them all!

Mine below is Yellow Jacket, with one of my members on my tank. If you take your tank bag off, one of my members may attach to your tank too. Just thump them off: it's the only time you'll ever sneak up on a yellow jacket and get away with it, buzz buzz

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 07:19 PM

Garage
G'day Carol from down under,

I liked that Bumblebee paint scheme so much I painted my all black 2012 to match, only I used green instead of the yellow. I also have the SW-Motech crash bars and I also have BarkBuster Storm handguards and between these 2 items they have saved my bike from damage in 3 drops (at a standstill). I cannot recommend them enough.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 07:35 PM

Garage
Just noticed this in the for sale section might interest you.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=83241
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi Carol & welcome from San Antonio.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
G'day Carol from down under,

I liked that Bumblebee paint scheme so much I painted my all black 2012 to match, only I used green instead of the yellow. I also have the SW-Motech crash bars and I also have BarkBuster Storm handguards and between these 2 items they have saved my bike from damage in 3 drops (at a standstill). I cannot recommend them enough.

That looks amazing what kind of paint did you use? I have been thinking about going a brighter yellow, so I can be more noticeable for the blind idiots on the roads of houston.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 PM

Welcome Carol from another newbie
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:07 PM

Welcome from Austin!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
That looks amazing what kind of paint did you use? I have been thinking about going a brighter yellow, so I can be more noticeable for the blind idiots on the roads of houston.
I had it professionally painted

To be noticed better I wouldn't bother with paint I added LED spotlights as daytime running lights which seem to help a lot

And I have a Wolo Bad Boy airhorn which is bloody loud.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Carol - welcome aboard! Ride safe, ride ATGATT!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
I had it professionally painted

To be noticed better I wouldn't bother with paint I added LED spotlights as daytime running lights which seem to help a lot

And I have a Wolo Bad Boy airhorn which is bloody loud.
Nice rock

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Nice rock
Biggest rock in the world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uluru

I walked around it in May 2014 10.8 km I was stuffed when I finished
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Banned

Welcome Carol..........................
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 02:14 PM

Garage
Hi Carol, welcome from new member as well! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode