How much to spend on NEW 2013 Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How much to spend on NEW 2013 Versys

I just went to my dealer and they have still have a brand new 2013 Versys.

Their price was $4,999 out the door.

Is this a good deal or could I do better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
When you say OTD, do you mean you hand over the cash and ride away with no other money out of your pocket for taxes, registration, title, etc.?

If so, then I think that is a good deal if that is the model and color you want. You might be able to find a green `14 for around the same if you really want ABS.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

I wasn't thinking it is not out the door. That is price before taxes and all that good stuff. Its $4,999 for just the bike.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:36 PM

That is a good price unless the dealer tacks on bullchit charges like set-up fee, freight, etc.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 09:44 PM

How much to spend on NEW 2013 Versys

IMHO that is a good deal only if it's otd. I paid $4910 otd in Feb for a new 2012.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by E327; 06-16-2015 at 09:46 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Where you are in the Lower 48 and how saturated the bike market is in your specific area plays a BIG part in pricing. LAST January in Alaska I paid $6K OTD for my leftover NEW 2011 set up with a set of $350 ADV tires already installed. I felt that was a decent price. I believe with all the new 2015's showing up dealers are wanting to push out all the Gen 2 bikes you should have some haggling room with the OTD price.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2252B View Post
I just went to my dealer and they have still have a brand new 2013 Versys.

Their price was $4,999 out the door.

Is this a good deal or could I do better?
If that is a white (or blue) 2013, that is a great deal. OTD means you ride it out and they only have a $100 tag and title cost (not including your home County's sales tax.)

That is probably the best deal for any I've heard new, imo. Of course I like that model better than 2014 and maybe 2015: Gen 1 and 2's are proven and I like Gen 2's body style better - more unique.

Where are you from, the SE USA? Lucky guy! Get the offer on paper first, like others said: to the penny, because it's just bs until then

Last edited by kawdog; 06-17-2015 at 02:43 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 02:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
if you got the money get it .... i see used ones going for not much less then that

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advice. I am currently in talks with the shop, this is in the Midwest. I am not in a rush to get one so if it sells while I play hard to get I will just get a newer model.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2252B View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I am currently in talks with the shop, this is in the Midwest. I am not in a rush to get one so if it sells while I play hard to get I will just get a newer model.
So it's like here in California? OTD = $5K + $4k dealer markup, lol?

The midwest has a short selling season, so the dealer knows that as well.
Get the Kelly Blue book value online, which is what your value will be the exact second you drive off the dealer's lot the first time.

Realistically, tell them there are several 2500 mile used(new) bikes on the market which you are close to (being in the center of the Eastern US.) If you have the money and don't need the dealer financing, tell them to suck it because they are just wasting your time.

Anyway, bikes have a short life from where you are at, so new ones are rarely justifiable anyway.

What color is it?

Last edited by kawdog; 06-18-2015 at 11:54 PM.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
So it's like here in California? OTD = $5K + $4k dealer markup, lol?

The midwest has a short selling season, so the dealer knows that as well.
Get the Kelly Blue book value online, which is what your value will be the exact second you drive off the dealer's lot the first time.

Realistically, tell them there are several 2500 mile used(new) bikes on the market which you are close to (being in the center of the Eastern US.) If you have the money and don't need the dealer financing, tell them to suck it because they are just wasting your time.

Anyway, bikes have a short life from where you are at, so new ones are rarely justifiable anyway.

What color is it?
Actually, around here the banks use NADA to determine value. KBB can vary quite a bit from NADA.

My Versys Travels:

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 06-21-2015 at 09:07 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 12:30 AM

$5000 seems to be the price. Wife paid $4900 I'm looking at a '14 for $4750

'82 XV920: Soon to be tracker--

--'00 KLR685:adv
--'12 Super Ténéré
--'13 Versys (wifes other bike!)
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten1 View Post
$5000 seems to be the price. Wife paid $4900 I'm looking at a '14 for $4750
Yeah, you just are not going to touch a new/nearly new 2012 and up Vs. 650 for $5K with any model of any make motorcycle.

I think it's the very best at any price, so the value deal makes it twice as nice. A Supermoto tourer with a midrange cam screams $10k to me in value.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

The bike is blue. Once I get a paycheck I will decide if I'm getting the new one or if I will hunt for one of these low mileage used ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode