New Member w/Custom ER6n - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow New Member w/Custom ER6n

Hello All....

New member here... I have a custom ER6n adventure bike. Joined to possibly swap parts with some of you Versys guys.

As soon as I have a couple of post under my belt I'll post in the "For Sale" section. Looking for a Versys front end.

In the meantime... Here is my bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 01:13 PM

Dang, thats pretty interesting. Welcome. Where you located?

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 01:23 PM

That is pretty cool. If you were looking for a versys front end is there a reason you bought a ER6N instead of a versys? Either way neat bike. keep posting your progress

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy View Post
Dang, thats pretty interesting. Welcome. Where you located?
I'm located in North Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
That is pretty cool. If you were looking for a versys front end is there a reason you bought a ER6N instead of a versys? Either way neat bike. keep posting your progress
Well the project had already been started when I bought the bike.... I'm not a huge fan of the Versys head light (it's my personal preference so please don't take offense) and was looking for an Adventure Bike when I ran across this.... It already had the KLR front end on there which works just fine but I prefer USD forks so that's why I'm looking for a Versys front end.... I want the bike to appear as though the factory made it when I'm finished.... At least that's the plan.... I had a Ninja 650 before so I was already familiar with the platform... It should make a perfect ADV bike. I've only put a couple of hundred miles on it since taking delivery and so far it's been a blast....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortman View Post
I'm located in North Georgia

Well the project had already been started when I bought the bike.... I'm not a huge fan of the Versys head light (it's my personal preference so please don't take offense) and was looking for an Adventure Bike when I ran across this.... It already had the KLR front end on there which works just fine but I prefer USD forks so that's why I'm looking for a Versys front end.... I want the bike to appear as though the factory made it when I'm finished.... At least that's the plan.... I had a Ninja 650 before so I was already familiar with the platform... It should make a perfect ADV bike. I've only put a couple of hundred miles on it since taking delivery and so far it's been a blast....

Anywhere near Helen?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post
Anywhere near Helen?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
A little south of there... I'm in Cumming.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
looks awesome
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 03:26 AM

nice custom er6!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Well, there are 3 different Versys headlights to choose from. Don't like autofocus them?

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Arrow Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Well, there are 3 different Versys headlights to choose from. Don't like autofocus them?
Out of the 3 the new 2015 twin headlight setup is, IMHO, the best looking but at the end of the day I really like having something no one else has. When I roll up on my custom ER6 with a 21'' front wheel and knobbies other guys are like .... Especially after I get my wolfman luggage on there.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
Wolfman luggage, yes...but i wouldn't bother bolting on Versys forks if you really plan to use that 21 front, you'll be disappointed, and there's not all that much you can do to fix them without spending a bunch.
If I went to the Versys forks I would drop down to a 19'' front wheel.
BUT....
I've been tweaking the front end so it now turns well and after a bar change is very comfortable. I may just go with some heavier springs and leave it. I just bought a TW200 front fender bracket and am gonna mock up a blue 2014 TW front fender on there. If that looks good I'm leaving it alone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode