New '09 versys.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New '09 versys....

After months of reading and looking, I finally traded my venerable '06 650l in and got a new '09 blue Versys. The test ride sold me. The bike is smooth, powerful enough for me, and handles dirt roads just fine. At 6' 2" , I feel comfortable after adjusting the shifter and brake but may do the lowering blocks. This thing handles so well on the twisties and around town that my only wish is that I had pulled the trigger sooner. Let the farkling begin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Great bike better color. I'm 6'2" also the motorwerks lowering blocks do make a differance in comfort.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-30-2010 at 07:29 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the versys world, what A great bike and and forum here. I am 5' 10" and I love the peg lowering blocks well worth the money.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:49 PM

Welcome! I took my test ride on an 08 last Saturday. I was sold as well. I ride a Suzuki C50 Boulevard until tomorrow when I pick up my 2010. With the test ride, the bike sold itself.

I am am happy to be a part of the community of riders that ride a bike that nobody seems to have ever heard of.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Maybe it's a good thing no one knows what to make of the Versys. A brand new bike for $5900 that does well at almost everything. I had a cruiser (too heavy and a bear around town), a sportbike (only fun at jailtime speeds and no fun around town), and my big thumper (fun everywhere but on a trip). The Versys is fun everywhere and just plain works. It's not super fast, or spectacular at anything but is the most FUN bike I've ever owned. I feel confident that my abilities match the bikes perfectly. I don't need Rossi reflexes or a Trump wallet to have fun. Kawasaki, you nailed it on this bike. Thanks!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpoonalt View Post
The Versys is fun everywhere and just plain works. It's not super fast, or spectacular at anything but is the most FUN bike I've ever owned. I feel confident that my abilities match the bikes perfectly. I don't need Rossi reflexes or a Trump wallet to have fun. Kawasaki, you nailed it on this bike. Thanks!
So far with my limited experience with the Versys...I think you said exactly how I feel.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
x100 to that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode