Another Canuck Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another Canuck Versys

Been lurking around here as a guest for a while, figured it was about time I joined. On March 6th I became the proud owner of a black 2007 Versys. I think I got a pretty good deal on it. It's in brand new condition, it had about 9400 km's on it, I paid $5000 for it.

This is my 2nd bike. I sold a '95 Ninja 500 that I had for almost 3 years to get this. I wanted something a little bigger, and more comforable to be on for a long weekend. I was trying to decide between a Wee Strom and the Versys. With everything I read I was starting to lean towards a Versys when I found the one I ended up buying. I'm lovin' it!!!

All it needed for a safety was tires, so I chose the Dunlop Street Smart Sport Touring tires. Also got a Givi v46 top case and heated grips right away. I also have a set of Motorwerks lowing blocks on the way.

This is a great forum, lots of useful info. Like all the info on the cowling buzz, that I'll have to do something about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 PM

Congrats on your Versys!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Congrats on the bike! I picked up my '07 burnt candy orange on the same day and paid the same price, seems to be what we are paying for them here in Canada. Mine had a little less than 6000kms on it at that time. It was stock except for bar risers.

I've left it stock for now, but I've got some Happy Trails panniers on the way and I'll be outfitting it with Pirelli MT 60's in a couple of weeks.

Have a great riding season, it's a really fun bike!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM

Welcome fellow Canuck! Canadians love their Versys' too...and we've had them longer.
I'm a relatively new Versys owner as well...about 3 weeks I guess. Love the bike...tons of fun. Already done a couple of mods too and looking at more soon. Also have to look into the cowling buzz...annoying. Enjoy the bike!

Take the long way home
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM

and enjoy your bike, it is a great all round bike.

Regards,

Dave

2009 Versys (Metallic Moon dust Gray) Speedy lowering pegs, Speedy Kick stand pad, Speedy Mirror extensions, Vario Windshield, Oxford heated grips and SW-Motech Engine Guards.

2008 KLR (Red) - Sold
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Welcome fellow Canuck! Canadians love their Versys' too...and we've had them longer.
I'm a relatively new Versys owner as well...about 3 weeks I guess. Love the bike...tons of fun. Already done a couple of mods too and looking at more soon. Also have to look into the cowling buzz...annoying. Enjoy the bike!

Just a friendly word of advice especially to newcomers to this forum: before you start a new thread do a search on your topic because most common issues have been discussed many times in the past. There are many threads about "the annoying buzz" from the front cowling and a ton of information on various fixes.

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 01:43 AM

Garage
Welcome from the Wet Coast

Welcome from Almost-A-Canuck (I will be applying for my Citizenship this month, having been here 3 years).

I paid $C6,000 for my 2007 but it included a full set of Givi cases (x3) , exhaust, Power Commander III and a few other farkles.

Enjoy the bike.

Cheers

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 04:33 AM

Welcome 5 Wheel. I hope you are enjoying your new ride. I've had mine since 07 and it still makes me smile every time. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a ride sometime.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Welcome 5 Wheel,
Great to have another Ontario member.
Hope to see you out on a V.O.M.I.T. run this summer (check this link http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=4998).
Hope to have a couple of runs this year including a Bobcaygen run. Meet @ Tim's in Bob and head to Bancroft for lunch.

muskie
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:17 PM

Welcome 5 wheel

Beauty bike and lots of back roads around to satisfy....I'm in on a ride for autistic kids on June 13th leaving from Freak-n-leather on Davis dr. in Newmarket Ont. to Fenlon Falls ON. registration at 9am. for anyone around here...check out the Freak-n-leather website if you like...I picked up my Harley boots there...VERY nice folks.

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM

Garage

Go habs go !

Sorry
Couldn't resist

LOP
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 06:35 PM

Welcome joser!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Well, aren't I late to the party? Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Wheel Drive View Post
I also have a set of Motorwerks lowing blocks on the way.
You'll love them. If you didn't get the flatfoot and you want one, let me know. I'm in the market for one, and given the shipping is almost as much as the part, I'd be willing to order a few to save on shipping $$$ to Ottawa.

Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode