Not really sure yet !!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to stealth
Not really sure yet !!!

Hi all,

Just joined cos I own a 2003 Kawasaki ZZR1200.. Although I love it for its size and power for carrying me (15st 9lbs) and the Mrs (12st) and some hard luggage... I have had to put bar risers on as my back is not the best.. !
It is however still not as comfy as some other models for long distance work without a leg stretch every 2-3 hrs and I have been starting to look at other options... I dont want to go as big as the GTR1400 and besides... I couldn't afford one to be honest so I was wondering...
Would the Versys be enough for what I want including commuting to and from work each day as it's a nice looking little bike and is just the right riding position... or would it leave me feeling dissapointed ?

P.S. I live in the UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:28 AM

Ride one-That is the only way you will know. Size of the rider is not an issue, the Versys has enough power to handle it.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

thanks.. I will try and convince the man that never smile's at my local kwak dealer to let me take one out some time..
Nice to hear though already that it will have the power to pull such weight when we are both on the bike and with top box and panniers

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

what are they like for pillions? comfort wise I mean..
I intend to get the seat upgraded as a rebuilt gel seat
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:10 PM

I sold my 02 ZZR1200 to buy my 09 Versys. The V has plenty of power real world for one or two people. If you enjoy the insane power of the Big Zed you must know the Versys is not even close. Understand, cars are as fast as the Versys. If you can live with that you will enjoy one of the easiest bikes to ride, no back or wrist pain, wheeling it about your shed is effortless ( I don't miss the Z in that regard). Let's go on, better gas mileage, lower maintenance costs, two quarts of oil or so and a spin on oil filter, no plastics to remove either (less wind protection though). Cable clutch so no changing fluid there. There are many pros and cons. LD touring is a snap on the ZZR. I've yet to take a really long trip on the V but I would imagine you'll not arrive as fresh at your destination or as quickly. Ride one, see if that big grin fits under your helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode