Great bike, great site - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great bike, great site

Hello all. I bought a used '08 Versys with 2400 miles on it last month. In that time I've been regularly lurking on this site and it is a fantastic resource. I didn't get the owner's manual with the bike but was able to download the owner's manual along with the service and parts manuals here. I have also been perusing the 'modifications' sections considering what exactly I want to do with the bike. It came with an after-market wind screen, which is great. I've since debadged the bike (great tip from here using the hair-dryer) and added a Givi rear case and soft-sided saddlebags. I should mention that the reason I came to this bike is because my wife and I are planning a long motorcycle trip in the next month. 3400+ miles out to Cali, up the coast and back. My '81 Suzuki 550 obviously couldn't cut it so I was in the market (with my wife's encouragement which is nice) for something more capable. I was originally looking at a KLR650 because I like the dual sport style and the KLR is so affordable. I didn't realize part of the reason for its affordability is because it is a single-cylinder 650. I wanted a bike that would also be great on the highway so the KLR was out. I lucked out and found my Versys on Craigslist and it was exactly what I was looking for. It is exactly what I wanted in a bike - sporty but without the sportbike stance or need to keep the RPMs over 9K, upright stance, powerful enough but good MPG, good for riding 2-up, potential for some mild dirt and gravel roads, and I personally think it looks great. I've been riding a lot this last month and have put over 1000 miles on it since I got it. I'm lucky enough to have an amazing variety of rides in my immediate area, which is Ft Collins, CO. I've noticed others from the area on this site and I wonder if the blue Versys I saw at the south end of Horsetooth resevoir a couple weeks ago belongs to someone here. Either way I'm always down for a weekend ride. My brother and parents ride as well (though the folks are pretty slow) so if you see a red Versys riding with a blue Katana 600 that's me and my bro'. I look forward to gleaning even more info and tips from this site over the years so thanks to all the contributors. I plan on taking many pictures during our trip so look for those around the end of May. Peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

to the site, allot of resources for any adventure you want to endure! Enjoy your stay

Regards,

Dave

2009 Versys (Metallic Moon dust Gray) Speedy lowering pegs, Speedy Kick stand pad, Speedy Mirror extensions, Vario Windshield, Oxford heated grips and SW-Motech Engine Guards.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 KLR (Red) - Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
mushin, you have discovered what a lot of us have that the versys ticks a lot of the box's

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM

ditto what kiwi said. ticks all the right boxes, and as a new owner too, i am totally down with what you're saying. welcome, and keep the shiny side up, and enjoy that ride out west!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
mushin, you have discovered what a lot of us have that the versys ticks a lot of the box's
+1 on Kiwi41 and
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome. I love the bike and plan on many happy years with it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM

Mushin

My Album:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode