Hello to the community! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Hello to the community!

Yesterday I clicked on the Buy It Now! option on E-Bay and tomorrow I will be picking up my 2009 Green Versys!
Paid $4400.00 (will have to pay about 360 in taxes and registration fees) and it has 480 miles on it. Supposedly never crashed, repaired and/or salvaged, so I think I got a real good deal. What do you guys think?

Also just bought an HJC FS-15 Carbon helmet on E-Bay for $250 (S&H included).
Anyone out there has experience with this helmet? Reviews were good and sizing seems suitable to my round head. It was pathetic to pull my old SHOEI and realize that the liners are "melting" away. It's been 10 years since I gave up my KLR650 and had a motorcycle! Looking at the banged up helmet made me realize how much I enjoy riding (both my last two bikes - a KLR650 and a Honda TransAlp were bought new and sold with 30K ~ 40K miles after about 5 years of use).

I guess I must be either shrinking or the bikes are getting bigger as the new KLR design felt absolutely huge to me. The Versys was sitting next to it and it was love at first sight! Then it caught my mind when I saw the specs for it! Once I put some Pirelli MT90s or MT60s I think I will have a nice adventure bike!
Anyone else using it like that? I am already planning a trip to lower Mexico!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
welcome aboard, can't answer question on price because we pay a fortune for living on a island, helmet never had a HJC and not using bike to much off road but you will love the bike where ever you take it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:40 AM

Garage
Welcome Aboard

Hi & Welcome

there are two several threads you have to read to get an idea of what your new bike can do.

Heading South Until the Road Ends. Mexico could be just the start of your trip.

JD spins a great tale about his last big adventure and why is is putting togeather his new bike from the parts bins of North America. I don't know which is more amazing - his last trip or his new stead.

And there is Siyeh's report of 18 days on a Versys - you will marvel where he went on standard road tires. That was the report that convinced me that the versys was the bike for me - if I could only get some time to take a vacation - I have only used 3.5 days of leave in the past 2 years, and have been working 6 or 7 days a week for the past 6 months.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Great price on the bike. Igot a HJC-15 helmet on the deal with my bike. Way too much wind noise.Went with a Scorpion EXO-900 Modular Most places have them for $279.00 free shipping Extremly quiet.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 AM

To the Versys world! It will take you almost anywhere you want it to go, have some great adventures!

My Album:
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Seems like you got a really great deal!! Post up some pics when you pick it up! No help to you on the HJC, I have an Arai Profile.(Egghead). Excellent helmet, low noise level, good venting, easy visor changes, fits like a glove. Little salty on the price tho' as i paid $550 for it. Can you put a price on your brain?

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the welcomes and the links!
bigaussie, I got to say: JD's bike is E.P.I.C.. I guess that's what happens to Versy (Versies?) when they are exposed to too much gamma radiation!

Picked up the bike today (too much rain yesterday and I thought I'd give myself a break on a new ride, after nearly 8 years off the saddle on a regular basis). It is mint. There was hardly any chain spray on the exhaust box, the tires had only central thread dirt (my guess no turns above 10 mph!) and everything else simply showroom condition!.

Brought it back home (160 miles still have to download the pics from the camera) and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was (my old KLRs would be raping my butt after 2 hours of constant riding). I had to stop at a Walmart to buy earplugs, however, as my OLD Shoei was rattling my head! After a bit more acclimation I am sure I will be able to get a couple of tanks before having to stop. Regardless, I already lined up a local upholstery guy who told me he can customize me a seat for about $150, if I need it.

In gratitude, let me offer the welcome committee (which you probably already have) an electronic shop manual that I found. It can be downloaded from:

http://www.manualesdemecanica.com/en...al-in-english/

The username I created is: AprilFlowers
The password is: kawiwawi

I don't know how many downloads can be done from this account, but it's free to register and you now know where it is.
Should I post it to the general forum (sans username/password)? I am not sure if this is allowed here.

Last edited by GoodMoGo; 04-25-2010 at 11:33 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 AM

Welcome, GoodMoGo,

Good rides and Congrats on your V. Enjoy yourself...

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 AM

Garage
Thanks for the link, but ...

I couldn't find the versys manual there

Full Kawa manuals are on this site but another reference is always handy

Thanks for trying

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Garage
Got it second try

And it appears to be the same PDF as on the link - it is exacty the same file size.

But thanks for the contribution in case it wasn't available.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode