Well, went to my dealer to ride a 2015 he had on demo today and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. As I have posted, I am thinking of selling my Tiger 800 for a new 2015 Versys LT and I am very glad I had a chance to compare.
Some things I would comment on are:
- Very nice looking bike and it seems very well put together....love the metallic white.
- Not as refined or powerful as my Tiger but I knew that coming in. The Versys is pretty gutless down low (it IS a 650 after all) but the Mid range on up pull is pretty darned good. The motor is adequately flexible.
- Comfy seating position....more compact than my tiger but I don't see it as an issue and a Baldwin tall seat will help (I am 6' and I could flat foot the bike). The stock seat wasn't too god awful btw.
- Sounds crappy when cruising but great when you wind it up
Not sure if I would ever get an exhaust though.
-The wind management around the bike is very good...I was pleasantly surprised by this. No buffeting in any screen position but it created a lot of helmet wind noise....nothing an aftermarket taller screen wouldn't fix.
- Handles and brakes very well.
- Very smooth at cruising speeds and effortlessly does 75mph which is good....it does 5K at 70 but it is smooth at the bars and everywhere else. an occasional slight tingle on the pegs is it but nothing i would ever complain about.
Overall, I really liked it...not going to lie and say I was blown away by it but the LT version is a steal and I will say I liked it enough to own one. SO...that being said, I have some thinking to do. Going on a 5 day trip on my Tiger on 4/22 and when I get back, there is a strong possibility that it may be for sale and I will pick up a Versys LT in White. We will see......