A bit of History and Hello - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A bit of History and Hello

Hello all. Road to both oceans several times in my teens and 20's with a CX and KZ. The bike was a big part of what I was. As we married and started our family, I needed to step away from this part of my life.

Today, I have sons of 16, 14, 10 - the same great wife, and a boatload of life insurance. Got back to riding last summer with a Vulcan 1600. Mostly daily and weekend rides since we are still chasing kids schedules for Hockey and Baseball, and ..... Whenever possible, I share these rides with my wife, so the Vulcan is a perfect 2 up machine.

My longest ride last summer was only 600 miles round trip. Plenty of all days rides, though. Time is the toughest thing to find.

A lot of reading about ADV riding, trips I am planning to Alaska and Los Cabos lead me to realize it needs to be done on a $20K beemer or a $5.5K Versys. So, I landed here.

Hope to learn and help out along the way.

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

on two wheels:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by alekkas; 04-23-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 08:44 AM

Welcome alekkas! Busy with kids and family is something I can relate to. Two teenage daughters with social calendars that make me look like a hermit. Glad you're making the effort to get out there and ride. Enjoy your V and be safe.

Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 AM

Your story seems to be the norm with this forum. I have a daughter that is heading off to college next year and a son that is grown and raising a family. As the mantra of a motorcycle group that I have considered joining, we are "Retreads", riders that rode as young people, raised our kids, then rediscovered a passion for all things motorcycle. Where you from, BTW?

My Album:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Retread is about right! Added my location. It's great to be back riding.

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode