Ready for 2nd Bike-Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ready for 2nd Bike-Versys

Hey everyone, just moved to Pensacola FL and am awaiting flight training. Used to have an SV650, was my first bike and hated to sell her. The Versys just seems like it perfectly fits my personality. I want to be able to ride for a long time but still be able to hammer the throttle and have fun but not reach triple digits and die. On the lookout for an 09 Green which I will likely have painted black, Kawasaki gave Canada cool colors but screwed us here in the states.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM

But you will see triple digits if you try!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
You just missed a beautifully keep green 09 by a couple of weeks down your neck of the woods

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiff84 View Post
Hey everyone, just moved to Pensacola FL and am awaiting flight training. Used to have an SV650, was my first bike and hated to sell her. The Versys just seems like it perfectly fits my personality. I want to be able to ride for a long time but still be able to hammer the throttle and have fun but not reach triple digits and die. On the lookout for an 09 Green which I will likely have painted black, Kawasaki gave Canada cool colors but screwed us here in the states.
welcome, Is the flight training with the Navy ?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Flight Training

Yes the flight training is with the Navy but the Navy has the privilege of training us Marines.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yes the flight training is with the Navy but the Navy has the privilege of training us Marines.
Thank you Marine! Thank you for your service to our country!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM

I wish they would have stuck to the red. I have the 08 and love it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Jiff84.

welcome aboard. This forum and the Navy has got something in common. We watch our backs in the name of botherhood.

Take care and enjoy your ride when you get your V and do enjoy your training.
If you do call at our port-Malaysia, do PM for a spin on a V.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
You will love the V
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your service and enjoy your training .
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 07:21 AM

In another life I was at Hurlburt and used to love riding along the emerald coast and hitting about double the posted on "three mile bridge" (that's about the only elevation around there!). You'll love the V for cruising and for it's thrills when you pin the throttle.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM

Welcome and I to think you'll love the V, if you're certain you want smooth, controllable power with comfortable upright seating vs a rip your arms off, get you in trouble fast, scrutched over crotch rocket.

Thanks for your service and I must say I'm a bit envious. One of my lifes regrets is not pursuing being a pilot. I think it was where I should have ended up but my epiphany came a bit to late in life for me. Being young, in your 20's and having the world at your fingertips will go by quickly and before you know it, those options to choose certain paths will slip away. Man... I just bummed myself out....

Hey, alls good. I have a great family, a good job and 2 awesome bikes, My V and KTM.

So, any idea what you'll be flying? Not sure you know yet but just wondering what you're hoping for. Being a marine and at Pensacola I assume its fixed wing. Or maybe they do rotary training there as well? Maybe Harrier, Hornet , Osprey?

Have 2 brothers that fly Blackhawks in the Army. Dad flew Hueys in the Guard for 20 yrs. My oldest will be doing his 2nd tour in Iraq this fall.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedv View Post
I'm a bit envious. One of my lifes regrets is not pursuing being a pilot. I think it was where I should have ended up but my epiphany came a bit to late in life for me. Being young, in your 20's and having the world at your fingertips will go by quickly and before you know it, those options to choose certain paths will slip away. Man... I just bummed myself out....
Same here... Word for word!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Same here... Word for word!
it's never to late.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:02 AM

True, not to late to be a pilot, and its definately on my bucket list ... probably after I retire, kids out of school and I have the money. Its a bit expensive to just get your license much less pay the rental/fuel to enjoy the use of that license.

Its too late to make it my career though and me get PAID to fly. Thats the way to do it. I'm too old and have family obligations. If you don't go the military route, it takes years and years to build up hours and decent pay. Going the civilian route is a hard road to hoe with many pilots of the commuters getting paid poop and working odd hours. Its not really the glammer life you might think until you get up to the majors perhaps. I remember reading the story of that plane that went down due to icing a year or so back up in New York. The female co-pilot had very few hours and was making something like $16,000. Kind of scary when you think about someone with such little experience flying us around. The experience of both of those pilots is definately what brought that one down. I wish I had pushed harder to go that military route but I was caught up in the "Top Gun" era. They had all the recruits they could handle wanting to fly.

Anyway... enough of that..... don't want to Hijack the thread....

Welcome to Jiff84 and good luck with bike and flight training. And post what you'll be flying.....

Last edited by smedv; 04-23-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode