picking up my new versys saturday! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking picking up my new versys saturday!

I rode a versys at americade last year and loved it, now Im buying one!

I have always loved the thunder blue color from Kawasaki (hence the user name), and when I saw that the 2013 came in that color I just had to have it!

the 2014 and 2013 were about the same price, although the 14 had abs, I wanted the blue more.

my previous ride is a 1993 Yamaha seca2 600. I still have it, but I doubt i'll be riding it much. hopefully my friends can get their license with it.

I didn't consider the 15's mostly due to price, but can anyone tell me the difference between the 13,14 and 15?

also, what would be the least expensive set of side panniers for the 13 vesys? is $800 the norm for mounts and boxes???

glad to be a part of the community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Welcome. I bought these TUSK aluminum panniers (about 9"W x 18"L) along w/ GiVi PL477 mounts for about $400 US.

and here they are w/ lights (about $75 worth...).

Got 'em (the panniers) from

http://mondomotos.com/index.php?route=common/home

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

awesome, that's a much more realistic price! im going to have to get a set of those! thanks for the info on the panniers fasteddie.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

My pleasure.

Here's a pic of my Canuck V w/ similar panniers, except they co$t about $800 mounted up!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

I just got back with my bike. the wind today was crazy! I was going around a slight right hand turn and I had to lean the bike to the left to compensate for the wind! lol

I absolutely love the bike, plenty of power and torque. I do want to try and modify the front seat mount to flatten out the slope a bit. i definitely want a bigger windscreen and hand guards for added wind protection, however, todays wind was about the second windiest day I have seen it here, so I don't think it gave the stock screen a fair test. I need to get more well nuts so I can adjust the screen easily.

why the big price difference for the panniers? also, how did you relocate the rear signals to clear the panniers? is there just a bracket that you can buy and then re route the wires, or did you have to make a bracket?

I think I would want to mount them outwards more, where the license plate light is(I know I've seen them mounted there somewhere).

currently, it has 80 from my trip from Vermont to New York to bring it home. I cant wait till I can get it registered this Monday so I can get some miles on her! (in transit plate is on it now)

Last edited by ThunderBlue; 04-11-2015 at 06:49 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBlue View Post
...why the big price difference for the panniers? also, how did you relocate the rear signals to clear the panniers? is there just a bracket that you can buy and then re route the wires, or did you have to make a bracket?...
Big price difference is - Canada! The US dealer I bought the AZ panniers from won't ship out of the US.

The turn sigs relocation is part of the GiVi PL447 mounts I bought for BOTH sets.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Big price difference is - Canada! The US dealer I bought the AZ panniers from won't ship out of the US.

The turn sigs relocation is part of the GiVi PL447 mounts I bought for BOTH sets.
good to know that the relocation parts are included in the kit.

here are a couple pics of my new bike

already got a little dirt on her.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBlue View Post
good to know that the relocation parts are included in the kit.

here are a couple pics of my new bike

already got a little dirt on her.
It looks perfect to me. That 2013 blue is a pretty stunning color!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 10:35 PM

Got the bike saturday. Of course, I catch a cold friday night! I want to post some pics but am having difficulty. Is there a thread or some info someone can give me on uploading pics? Thanks.

Beth
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 09:29 AM

Welcome I like the blue on gen 2 looks good. You may want to spend the $30 for the front "fenda extenda". It's a cheap easy fix that will keep the dirt, and stones off the radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
Got the bike saturday. Of course, I catch a cold friday night! I want to post some pics but am having difficulty. Is there a thread or some info someone can give me on uploading pics? Thanks.

Beth
If you use a computer (email the pic from your phone to your computer) go to where you reply click "go advanced" at the top of the box there is a paperclip where you can attach photos. There may be an easier way, but that's how I do it.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
It looks perfect to me. That 2013 blue is a pretty stunning color!
It looks "mo-betta" w/ the black forks, swingarm, etc, than the blue '09s w/ silver, IMHO!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
Welcome I like the blue on gen 2 looks good. You may want to spend the $30 for the front "fenda extenda". It's a cheap easy fix that will keep the dirt, and stones off the radiator.
I was wondering if there was something like that available. just looked it up on ebay and will be ordering one this weekend.

thanks for the tip!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The aluminum panniers might be less expensive, but just think how great the GIVI V35s with matching Thunder Blue panels will look on your bike.

I have had my V35s on two bikes now. Amortize the cost over 45,000 miles of excellent touring and they weren't really that expensive.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode