Not at all what I expected - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Not at all what I expected

Hi All,

Been a reader for a while and since I finally picked my Versys a few weeks ago, decided it was time to register and get my two posts in. Plus, as a new rider I have a zillion questions, at least a zillion.

Only just got my license two years ago, and last year rode a 2012 CBR 250R. I love that bike but its time to say goodbye. It was never mean't for permanent place in my garage, but she served her purpose.

Picked up a 2009 V 650. I am head over heels. I thought the extra weight and power might be a little overwhelming coming from the little Honda but I was so wrong. Its so smooth and easy to ride. I cant' believe how much fun it is. I live up near Boston so this past weekend was the first time I was able to get her out for a spin. Fantastic.

I had looked at a Vstrom and KLR but I now think I made the right decision. I have an 8-week sabbatical coming up next year from my company so I am starting to plan a long trip. I can't wait.

Happy to be here!!

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:54 PM

The Versys is a great bike you will enjoy it. Be sure to hit the kancamagus highway in the summer.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Thank you.

Yeah, I used to live in North Conway a few years ago; the Kanc is most certainly on my todo list for this year.

I'll probably plan a camping trip up that way this year. Currently looking for side racks and hard cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
The Versys is a great bike you will enjoy it. Be sure to hit the kancamagus highway in the summer.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 04:21 PM

I have had my 2010 for over a year now and love it. There are so many mods in your future. This bike can be setup to do just about anything.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 07:16 PM

Same here - graduating from the CBR250 (great small bike, isn't it?!) as soon as the Port of Seattle decides to let my 650 out of jail. It's been sitting in the port for at least the last week. Welcome!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Yeah, the credit card is already complaining and I've hardly purchased anything yet, but I have a few mods in my future for sure. First things on my list, sideframe and hard cases, I think I am going with the SW-Motech frame. I need a GPS setup, and some power. I have found a bunch of threads about this so I should be good there. Here's the dilemma, ride or work on the bike.

And to IslandBike, how come you don't get your bike for a week or so? I loved my little CBR. I am tempted to keep it but I can't find a good way to justify it really. Maybe I need starter track bike... yeah, that's it!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 09:11 AM

Welcome 1skydive. Good folks here; lots of helpful information. You're likely to find most of what you need right here. Just let readers know what farkles you want; chances are someone here has it, would be willing to part with it, or knows where you can get the best deal on it. Ask Weljo! He's owned nearly every accessory that will fit a Versys.

Just a "rambler in my Father's world."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
gday
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
welcome

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome from way down under.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:29 PM

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode