Buying my first Versys saturday - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Buying my first Versys saturday

Hello,

Buying my first Versys this Saturday. A new 2013 White. Out the door is $6516.56 and a year warranty. Is that a good deal? I think so, I did my research. I sold my 2007 CBR that I had since it was born and the bike before that was a 2003 CBR. I knew the Versys was the bike for me as soon as I rode it for the first time. It was between a Versys and a Honda NC700x. I needed something more comfortable and upright. The CBR was killing my back but I loved that bike. I cried when I sold it. Anyway, looking forward to my first adventure on my new adventure bike. I saw a thread talking about a meet up, that sounds cool. What about a smaller group meeting up? Regional rides or something like that. I live in Michigan, not a lot of good riding here. I have gone to the Blue Ridge Parkway several times on my CBR with a group of "old guys" and other ages. Loved it. Did the dragon twice. Meh. I also have a Yamaha TTR 250 street legal dirt bike. Nice meeting you and I will be asking lots of questions as I am looking to add on to the Versys.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:58 PM

Congrats on the decision and welcome to the forum... I was torn between the nc700x and versys myself but the nc700 just doesn't seem to have the "soul" factor... Consider the 2015 model before you pull the trigger. MSRP for the base '15 abs model is $7,999 and has some styling and comfort changes to consider... Less vibes, new look, new suspension and brake systems...

Either way you will love joining the versys family! The pre 15' design never bothered me a bit! I've been waiting 2 weeks for delivery of my '15 Versys LT.... Counting the seconds!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 06:48 AM

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the Versys as much as I do.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 AM

I love the fact that you are buying your "first" Versys. This implies that you will be buying more? Either way good choice. I have the 2013 in white, and I absolutely love that bike. Enjoy the new ride and

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Yea good choice. NC700: Automatic transmission, paddle shifters, and a 6,500 Redline .. is it a motorcycle or a Hyundai Elantra? No thanks.

Welcome!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 10:15 PM

glad to have you aboard. I'm in northern Indiana and
would love to meet others for a ride also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:37 PM

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome form Alaska and another Gen 2 NEW (2011) leftover owner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome! I also have a 2013 white Versys. I got a good deal. Not as good as yours because I bought it in March 2013, LOL. I also had a Honda...a 2001 CBR 929, but, like you, I needed something more upright for the street, the 929 just got uncomfortable for longer rides. I do miss it, but I found it a good home!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys and any ladies?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am excited to pick my bike up tomorrow. I think I will be able to ride it home if the weather holds.

I want to hear all the ins and outs of this bike. This is my first street bike I am buying by myself. Last new bike was 2007 and I had an ex helping me out.

Maybe I will post a poll or question to see what you all change or modify on the new Versys.

Beth
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 11:22 PM

Congrats, Can't wait to here what you think and what mods you will do. I have a 2010 I bought last year with only 2200 miles. I am up to 6800 miles and love it. I can attest that the following site has some great stuff for our bikes.

http://shop.motowerk.com/Versys-650_c2.htm

I have the lowering kit, Fat foot for kick stand, Highway pegs, and just bought the lowering blocks for the shifter and brake.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yup, one lady here! See the "gal" part of my screen name.

There are a ton of threads here on modifications!

I'm exploring different ways to lower mine a bit. Never had to lower a bike before, but it's just a bit too tall, exacerbated by the position of the pegs (right below where you put your feet down!). I'm 5'4".
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode