Waiting for my '15 Versys LT... 'Twas born on 03/24/15.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Waiting for my '15 Versys LT... 'Twas born on 03/24/15....

As the title states I am the proud owner of a white 2015 Versys LT! Just waiting for the stork to drop by. Dealer says I should have it first or second week of April. I went ahead and purchased the top case as well since the new model allows saddle AND top box!

New to the forum, new to the Versys, not so new to motorcycles. Can't wait to fall in love!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
sort of like Christmas eve that lasts too long, huh? I'll wager you love the bike.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 06:49 PM

Waiting on mine, the dealer hasn't told me when the blessed event will happen yet Welcome to the forum.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:51 AM

hey guys,

Congratulations for your new versys. A month ago I had a chance to check it in a motorbike fair but I was a bit disappointed by the new design. They try to make it look ninja alike although old design had a character which is unique to versys. Because of this I'm looking for a versys 2012-2014. I would like to hear what you think.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
sort of like Christmas eve that lasts too long, huh? I'll wager you love the bike.
The state of groundhog day meets Xmas eve... Can't wait till my shop calls me with the arrival. Going to have to assemble the top box myself... Six separate pieces (wtf). Can't pay to have someone read the instructions for me.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by longliveversys View Post
hey guys,

Congratulations for your new versys. A month ago I had a chance to check it in a motorbike fair but I was a bit disappointed by the new design. They try to make it look ninja alike although old design had a character which is unique to versys. Because of this I'm looking for a versys 2012-2014. I would like to hear what you think.
Thanks. I didn't mind the old look but the infamous vibes (read, never experienced), adjustable screen, and the Nissan brakes sold me... I dunno, only time will tell!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by longliveversys View Post
hey guys,

I'm with you on this. Love my 2013. And although the new design is sharp and crisp, I think the v now more than ever too closely resembles several other bikes out there - FJ9, Ninja, CBR, are a few thar come to mind. The insect-like duel headlights and sharper contours on these models are to blame. Nothing against members who pull the trigger on the 2015s...Sweet bike nonetheless. But a bit of the v character has been compromised in favor of cycle fashion.

Binderline
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
I'm with you on this. Love my 2013. And although the new design is sharp and crisp, I think the v now more than ever too closely resembles several other bikes out there - FJ9, Ninja, CBR, are a few thar come to mind. The insect-like duel headlights and sharper contours on these models are to blame. Nothing against members who pull the trigger on the 2015s...Sweet bike nonetheless. But a bit of the v character has been compromised in favor of cycle fashion.
WHATEVER it looks like... there's one HELLUVA great motorcycle in there...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Bike gets delivered Tuesday! I'll pick it up Saturday. For the life of me I can't settle on how I want to beak it in, type of oil, and how quick to do the first change (50 miles, 600, etc)...
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo12227 View Post
Bike gets delivered Tuesday! I'll pick it up Saturday. For the life of me I can't settle on how I want to beak it in, type of oil, and how quick to do the first change (50 miles, 600, etc)...
Just ride it. It will break itself in. The oil will be fine if you leave it 3000 miles before changing it. You ever see anyway getting as goofy over new cars as people do over new bikes?

I got a free oil change that was supposed to be done at 600 miles thrown in at the last place I bought a new bike. I took it on a trip and it had about 1500 miles on it when I got back. I took it to the shop and the service writer looked at me like I had 3 heads. He curtly advised me that "this was supposed to be done at 600 miles!" I said "it's got more than that, but it's here now." He then said "if it doesn't make any funny noises, I guess it should be alright." I almost pissed myself trying to keep from laughing.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
WHATEVER it looks like... there's one HELLUVA great motorcycle in there...!

Right. It's Kawasaki's latest 650, and the bike we all love, refined. I want to test one out, myself!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

I started a new thread on this in general discussion... probably shouldn't have, but meh.

So.... Good news is I picked up my VersysLT on Saturday morning. I immediately fell in-love and don't regret my decision to join the versys family in the slightest!!!

Bad news... Even though I paid the $700 markup for the LT model... the factory shipped it without the panniers or handgaurds!!

This means another long week of waiting for the other 10% of my Versys to come in! The baseplate for the rear case (purchased seperately) won't be here for a few additional weeks.

Guess that's the only downside to buying first few months into a new model year!!!

Anyways.... Did my first oil change at 56 miles... Threw in a goldplug magnetic oil plug and tossed some rare earth magnets onto the new oil filter.

This factory break-in period is killing me! Manual says to not exceed 4K RPMS for the first 500 miles.... This means 55MPH riding or less for WAAAYYY too long... I'm allowed to hit 6K RPMS once I reach 500 apparently... maybe I can do 65 or 70 at that point?!

I'll post pics once I get the rest of the bike in and put together.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 09:05 PM

Garage
I am waiting on the same bike except no top box. I am expecting delivery next weekend.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
You can get substantially improved wind protection equivalent or better than new bike with after market wind screen. Like my givi plus I think bike looks better with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode