Brand new and patiently waiting in Washington State - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Brand new and patiently waiting in Washington State

Hi all,

About to trade in my Honda CBR250 - a terrific starter bike - for a new Versys LT if they can ever get the blasted container ships unloaded! The dealership knows one is floating around out there somewhere, not sure how long it will take to get ashore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBike View Post
Hi all,

About to trade in my Honda CBR250 - a terrific starter bike - for a new Versys LT if they can ever get the blasted container ships unloaded! The dealership knows one is floating around out there somewhere, not sure how long it will take to get ashore.

It's probably stuck at the port in Los Angeles

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi all,

My dealer is saying the same thing about trying to get me a V1K. Odd thing is, all the other nearby dealers have the V1K and he has a couple new V650s and the new Kaw 650 cruiser.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

The area around the Port of Seattle looked like a mall parking lot with all the ships tucked into every available anchorage. Things are starting to move along quickly, at least that's what I'm told by some folks I know that are longshoremen. Here's hoping! And thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

The dealership did have the 650 ABS but no LT and apparently there aren't any at the other area dealerships.

At least it gave me a chance to see how nice the green looks on it I saw another thread where people were talking about the excellent white color - very attractive - and how they liked the "police" look it gave the bike, so that people would get out of the way, etc. My CBR, I went through that. It was the Honda retro red/white/blue. I got rid of some of the striping, painted the front fender white instead of red, and immediately every car on the highway slowed down to 2 MPH below speed limit when they saw me. Then, as I'm passing, they said "hey - he's not a cop!" and sped up again. It got to be a huge pain in the panniers until I painted it a very non-LEO color.

Last edited by IslandBike; 03-22-2015 at 07:00 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 12:52 AM

Garage
You must have the patience of a saint! I would be beside myself waiting for it to show up.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Not sure just how saint-like my wife would say I am

I seem to have a habit of this...the CBR was a "we'll just have to see when one comes in" bike as well. But hey - we don't want to ride a bike just like every other bike on the road, do we?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 04:41 AM

@Islandbike send me a PM I'm local to you in WA and want to buy your CBR 250. My Email address is [email protected]
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
and good luck finding what you want. Patience can be a virtue.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks but the 250 is already spoken for at the dealership, a very motivated buyer there, we're waiting for the 650LT to arrive so I can do the trade in so they can sell to this person - it's a little bit like a three-way trade in baseball. But thanks for your interest. Great city commuter bike and fine for shorter highway runs - I just need something bigger for freeway time and luggage.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 10:02 AM

I am in the same boat. I deliberated on this site and a bunch of awesome people weighed in with great info. I went to the dealer all set to pick up my new 15 LT and surprise, none around anywhere. The dealer told me the same thing - probably sitting on a boat waiting. The weather has been nice here in CO the past week and looks nice for the next week. It is killing me watching everyone buzz by on their bike. I feel like that kid looking out the window while everyone is outside playing!

You are not alone sir! I will wait not so patiently as well.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:59 AM

I heard the '15 v650 abs became retail available November '14... The v1000 in January of '15 and heard the v650 lt wasn't avail till March for ordering... Not sure, just read out of a mag. Recently.

Still waitin on mine!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

None in the local warehouse as of yesterday, theyre making some calls today to see if they can get some actual delivery dates. I'll post anything they tell me. Hang in everyone
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

OK, we have some progress. Shop says it's been offloaded at the Port of Seattle, now just waiting for it to get to the regional warehouse for Kawasaki and from there to the shop. Fingers crossed...

For anyone else waiting in the Northwest I hope this means that stock from whatever ship that was will be making its way to you soon.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 09:45 PM

Great to hear! I am in Colorado. Perhaps one will find me soon! I will call the dealer tomorrow.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Welcome!

I saw my first 2015 White Vs. 650 on 12/31/2014 in LA, CA,
so hopefully they are making their way up to WA by now.

Don't expect any great bargains with this artificial shortage though.
Any new Vs. 650 is incredible. Drive Safe!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace View Post
Great to hear! I am in Colorado. Perhaps one will find me soon! I will call the dealer tomorrow.
I'm in Ohio. Guess I'm still screwed...
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks but the 250 is already spoken for at the dealership, a very motivated buyer there, we're waiting for the 650LT to arrive so I can do the trade in so they can sell to this person - it's a little bit like a three-way trade in baseball. But thanks for your interest. Great city commuter bike and fine for shorter highway runs - I just need something bigger for freeway time and luggage.
Dude, unless you got it on paper, make your best deal on your used bike separately away from the dealer. You don't owe them anything in triple profits. It's yours and do what you like. Just tell them your cousin is in bad shape and needs it to go to school.

The dealer would do the same thing to you and in fact IS doing the same thing to you in profits from 3 customers interactions: 2 of them supplied by your used bike. Dealers jack every deal with wasted money, and are going to screw you when it is all said and done (unless he is your uncle.)

Keep your guard up and get ALL finalized estimates down to the penny. Good luck on your new bike.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Dude, unless you got it on paper, make your best deal on your used bike separately away from the dealer. You don't owe them anything in triple profits. It's yours and do what you like. Just tell them your cousin is in bad shape and needs it to go to school.
While I don't disagree with your basic sentiment in so far as finding the best deals you can. I think you're disdain for capitalism is misplaced. What if the OP holds out for a better deal from a private buyer and no one is interested? Then he's stuck with possibly two payments, two insurance bills etc. He might also get the joy of discovering tire kickers, joy riders, and low ballers.

Dealerships exist to make money. If they don't make money they close. If they close we possibly get no where nearby to buy bikes, accessories, service etc.

Cut your dealer a little slack. He's got to feed his kids too yannow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode